RIP Former First Lady Barbara Bush

I was very saddened to hear the other day that she was on comfort care.

And even more saddened to hear she has died.

Very much a class act to follow.

In 1990, Barbara Bush gave the commencement address at all-women Wellesley College. Some had protested her selection because she was prominent only through the achievements of her husband. Her speech that day was rated by a survey of scholars in 1999 as one of the top 100 speeches of the century.

"Cherish your human connections," Mrs. Bush told graduates. "At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, winning one more verdict or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a child, a friend or a parent."

Wow how true.... RIP

RIP. Very sad to hear this. I met her very briefly once and she was so very gracious and took time to shake everyones hand and say a few words to anyone who wanted a moment with her.

I always thought that George was the one who was frail and in poor health - wrong. One of my best friends recently celebrated her 70th wedding anniversary. She was robust, but her DH was frail. She died a month later. No one can predict what will happen.

But it is always a loss for those of us who loved them.

I always thought that George was the one who was frail and in poor health - wrong. One of my best friends recently celebrated her 70th wedding anniversary. She was robust, but her DH was frail. She died a month later. No one can predict what will happen.

But it is always a loss for those of us who loved them.

Seems like it happens that way a lot. The one in poor health for a long time outlasts the other. Rest In Peace.

I am said about this. I loved Barbara Bush.

I hope Millie was waiting for her.

cc80872e978f89df4c73442dddbedf51.jpg

She was an exceptional First Lady! I remember, years ago, when I first started working in the police station in our town, Barbara made a stop at the Decker Development Center. She was promoting her literacy program. As she was entering the building, some yahoo showed up and yelled she was in Democrat country. She shook her fist at him! :teeth: I happened to be there and captured that moment. It showed the spunk that dear lady had! R.I.P Mrs. Bush!
Q0f2d3Y.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter