RIP R. Lee Ermey

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...lobe-nominee-full-metal-jacket-was-74-1102863

You will not laugh.
You will not cry.
You will learn by the numbers.
I will teach you.

Just came here to post the same news...G D it ~ Pneumonia..:sad2:

Statement from R. Lee Ermey's long time manager, Bill Rogin:

It is with deep sadness that I regret to inform you all that R. Lee Ermey ("The Gunny") passed away this morning from complications of pneumonia. He will be greatly missed by all of us. It is a terrible loss that nobody was prepared for. He has meant so much to so many people. And, it is extremely difficult to truly quantify all of the great things this man has selflessly done for, and on behalf of, our many men and women in uniform. He has also contributed many iconic and indelible characters on film that will live on forever. Gunnery Sergeant Hartman of Full Metal Jacket fame was a hard and principled man. The real R. Lee Ermey was a family man, and a kind and gentle soul. He was generous to everyone around him. And, he especially cared deeply for others in need.

There is a quote made famous in Full Metal Jacket. It's actually the Riflemen's Creed. "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine."

There are many Gunny's, but this one was OURS. And, we will honor his memory with hope and kindness. Please support your men and women in uniform. That's what he wanted most of all.

Semper Fi, Gunny. Godspeed.

Of course Disney fans will remember him as Sarge in Toy Story. I always thought that he would have been ideal for the role of Sarge in the Cars franchise, but someone else got the role.

DID YOUR PARENTS HAVE ANY CHILDREN THAT LIVED?!?!?!

Rest In Peace.

about a year ago we heard him do an extensive radio interview (forget who the host was)absolutely fascinating.

RIP

My son met him several years ago and got a picture. He was a huge fan and an influence. RIP Gunny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!