Rise of Resistance and Cantina Reservation?

Jaida

Earning My Ears
My Husband and I are traveling with our 3yr old and my mother in Feb. We get a "date night" during the trip and planned on going to Galaxy's Edge. We planned on arriving to HS around 6pm. We have a reservation for the Cantina at 7:50pm. We planned on doing the family visit to HS that morning and joining a boarding group as we are leaving in the afternoon, hoping that gives us time( plus the 2hr return window) to get family settle back at the hotel and head back to the park. Does anyone have experience or tips for getting a boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance or riding the ride that late in the day (around 6pm). The park closes at 8. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks. :)

If things continue as they have been, that won't work because all the boarding groups have been gone within an hour of park open. The back up boarding groups have been lasting until 11 the last couple of days, but those aren't a guaranteed ride and 6pm would be the absolute last boarding groups to be called. Very risky.

But, honestly we can't say how things will be a few weeks from now, February is right out. Things are changing rapidly with this ride and the procedure.

Keep an eye on this thread;
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...and-information.3782822/page-19#post-61356689
In summary - as of today the boarding groups are filling within 45 minutes of park open, with "backup groups" open for about 2 hours after that (backup groups are not guaranteed a ride). To join a boarding group everyone who wants to ride must be through the turnstiles. Your BG time will be random so you won't know what time it will be called but you can estimate by the number. Once your boarding group is called you have 2 hours to return so most ADR's wouldn't be affected.

In your case I would head to the park at opening join a BG asap and then plan accordingly - and use RS if your BG is called before you want to head back to the resort and your mother would like to ride :)

We were lucky to get a boarding pass just after 7:00am. We were scheduled for an afternoon ride. The problem while we were there is that the ride keeps breaking down which throws everything behind. We had tickets for Mickey's Christmas Party that night and our group was running very late. We ended up being able to get fast passes from guest relations for the very next day so we could attend the Christmas Party that night. We went the next day to use our fast passes. We got in line and the ride had broke down again. We waited and waited. They announced they ride was down and we could come later or we could wait. We decided to wait. Cast members came in and gave us all bottled water, then they came back and gave us all boxes of popcorn, then they came back yet again and handed out bananas. After all that, we were finally able to board the ride. We waited probably about an hour and a half to two hours I'm guessing. This attraction could effect any plans you might have based on our experience.

Just came back from HS last week. Based on what's going on now, you should try to arrive at HS just before park opening (maybe 15 minutes or so) and just get a boarding group as soon as possible. If you time it right (maybe 5 minutes after they start letting people join) you can get one in the middle which will give you a bit of wiggle room without being too early (and missing your group) or too late and not getting a chance ride.

It'll really be a lot of luck based on how the ride is working, but I would say that's your best bet! Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter