Rise of the Chunkies! A Jan 2020 Trip Report! NEW 7/14 THE END of our TRIP!!

Day 3 Part 2: Disney After Hours

After we left a very crowded MK we headed to Epcot!
It was crowded there too but at least we were able to go on: LWTL!

ACtC-3eaWSmgDqWCr7XQ_MbLWrsqvUdQVzS3Xly7vlXsaitDAu63KhbRqLsrA6JITtLGL1hXkmxmEbhaFiGHyVnDyYw9wXeLjkAcjxdS4YyKur04nF2iEPvTvlTH4KNNMzTJ-_nM2dNINZxjhLOHubwyqLUzxA=w819-h614-no

I posted this on Instagram Stories. And yes everyone agreed that Steve does like plants more than me. Nuff said.

ACtC-3cLaYkKkUTmBvnSNYNx9WEPO53ERBPfXzYU2fL4j6CqYQIEZLtstFMvjniRUoxC6qhueE3HjpuCknBOXmL_E2EmYPBzoJPln8-iy3JIEFifCDmJm1BGYzxxHNfxCK3DhQbZRgp15W7QWNocIBr6oirbMg=w411-h714-no

I went off to do some Festival menu challenges. I was ready to tackle this Colorful Cuisine challenge!

ACtC-3dzKHU1e2EiV3EKq1DmMOhu2TC9ZahAQIe2NHCm9T39f7VdYUxo494mjEucrt9xtd7DZNZbBvHfKjskNmq5RsphcUOlBloXn2VpPfScF-vZTx-SONLY-YnAbDuRj44lk8J3XZilAIPhJanx6PPNutJjNQ=w461-h614-no

First was the Deconstructed BLT. This was divine. I had this last year and I never met a pork belly I didn't like. It had a soft poached egg on top which provided the most unctuous sauce for the pork belly. YUM.

ACtC-3flYZZhKdx4xHx4Kx61God5rFx8XX-zAIF-R3ZUFIssh7iTmNDrn9w4QV2dfscdXfHudDwTaEoP-ERz4eLmfEO7YfYcfBECNr-3_8pwJWbgEFDp1MonloMMH6-0h02ZH03eXZL34hJSxKdB4czAZ8hWrw=w461-h614-no

And then this Almond Frangipane cake which was just beautiful to look at, but to eat, not so much, it was very dense and rich. I ate most of it but could not and Steve didn't really want any either. Oh well, I did get a stamp for my challenge though!

ACtC-3dUVcVowcAQNv2J7dNHGI5LRUuTGTCXLlpirdEgEl2CZqLB4_lxIOtkOEgIYdgrOJpvx4fvlWbLcdabrjBfML0F500m50NI7IBxUvBJXRhPmmnDZMcpBqwxXSMsaXNGX24l8bHOlIqijrVAbMqZLTyrOg=w819-h614-no

I couldn't help but also get this shimmering beer. Like literaly, the beer had shimmering sparkly powder in it. All edible of course but i have never tried or seen one in person. I thought it was so pretty, but it wasn't really my thing flavor wise. Maybe too...floral?

ACtC-3eAKfbEvuaZKSFh1URDsljbWKzMgBw6GOilAua2slTxsQrnDeFFTG20jEnBqCU9GSVa_LA1cjOr3zQ_qh4YLXkLeDDitcLvC3JXtmEcAw-oGSwWxcqebyCsd_LONEIhTCehDCiQ5ZLOeS_xU4pPcm4krw=w461-h614-no

Next was the Seared Corvina. It was ok, nothing special but I needed it for the challenge!

ACtC-3c9xjFoQNkK6Sm2QabTxYBvM6xXbOLctCS-7XzYQN2zbvLNysNhRaK1B1GFzKyzd-5scVBVBIWxtGA79TKHS3ueuYzDrF_oKYeHh7MzPpvCygX0k5tj4LHQDECdBrxwq_EQIeQFBr5XZESUxjtodhxxew=w456-h608-no

Despite it being a bit chilly, it was a really nice day at Epcot:

ACtC-3fgCoQwdV61ZXYwNr7-3JBZwKSSSh3QZRWqaN-eD2WA8PASr79TZYzCbhHsOMtLF8IpqkGYTJGZYwmRDPohTtPgnRmOFhmLX19Aomhremw26UDmDPyXc0WO64tDWClgv-R67vlXliGOWCLe26MU-yOGUg=w456-h608-no

Athough not part of the Festival challenge, I had to try this ricotta stuffed crispy chicken drumstick from Italy. Although it wasn't really stuffed. The cheese was on the bottom and not inside the chicken, but it was tasty!

ACtC-3fpY3-ws18WQWLFU7yAB1bOR-aHWcGxDGT71HswPczT0NfAwc-olNf9-Rcru2npxkX4BigIov2gVw_sAGZlbo80EeoKGTHc5YJ5r_dB-pWYIc_GZeyUWdxnhBMN5dpByhOfe-M45FRh5hH5xV_I2tbwSQ=w456-h608-no

Though I didn't get to complete the challenge today (still a few items I needed to get) - we still had tomorrow.

As I was walking by, I saw a long line, and I figured a famous artist was around, but I had no idea it was Paige O'Hara (original voice of Belle). I was so excited so had to get this stalkerazzi picture as I was walking by.

ACtC-3fnAHBit2TC5lddnX9_5h0tyXTi0KtN8H0FYRZXm5VTO5KImqW7hJyzvlBF15kBcQOpiWtNHZnlJ4T-3kDaWeJ4G87rFrVdASt2bCAraTCq-gKoS3725Anjw2T-73SHYF--Bj_XKQQcxfOn_j33_JyWvA=w456-h608-no

That was really cool!

We exited Epcot on the World Showcase side and took the skyliner back to CBR. It was super quick. I am really liking the skyliner! At least it's one of the few options where I know we can get a car of our own if we request it. I can't imagine being packed into buses and monorail cars now!

We hung out in the room for a bit until the evening when we headed to Bay Lake Tower. We decided to watch HEA from Top of the World with Molly before we head into the park for our After Hours even! I made sure to wear an extra layer because it was cold! We uber-ed it over to BLT and met Molly in the lobby and headed up. I've only been here once before and it was before we were DVC members; a friend took us up for my birthday one year! So I knew we had to make it back here one day now that we are DVC members. It was pretty crowded as it usually is before the fireworks:

ACtC-3dbFeWVKaEuVDT3ZToHAGsMKmdKKCLG4jtRdQ0bcsoNOeX6iSldA9VfmOaSH7s8KPtOzNc45P0gA7h5FIbtS1jXLLoqO4jKrC2sl4YmmYNpfiDT5OC-MukoMNn92mZh2zH5isl89-o3u6s33La0Gxum0g=w811-h608-no

We were all wondering what to drink and we decided to share the very very large drink, the Seven Seas Lagoon.
See how big it is using @Mollydolly334 as perspective!

ACtC-3eqWMKRjTCwMg6d0DCyFkfcceQkYWj4p4ePVMcx65wtrEtXpnLKG5sEOosFJ3G0zTDD3orau0zX0TwZULrLM4cJ4QWSRWXjDv4364Xp3G6F60HCUCEOTjBYiJl5xPdrNQk-3a_RrshR00LKG8oVy49EEg=w456-h608-no

She's so adorable holding the largest drink ever!!

And here's Molly and I sharing the drink in a Lady and the Tramp moment:

ACtC-3fgCJZ6viL4mqWdSvjPqKBNBiaEDemOjoBFQrIxxa9hGesZ-256nnQOA9pNTjH0bI5JTX7q9tI-gZ4T52pvgbtaAG3lCvddFn-cVcGRpKc9_mEKFYU6zoAf9pUbwE6W0Bx91-dU1Ukqnb3IC8p6bUSNjg=w811-h608-no

So even though it was so fruity and colorful, I think it does pack a punch. You don't notice until you've had a few sips. Maybe I'm a lightweight though, LMAO. We had fun fishing out all the Swedish fish which were icy but they tasted good!

In addition I got a pretzel for us to share. It was really good! Reminded me of the ones at Germany.

ACtC-3cljCTdB4ZR8cot3jcD3oz7dE3y7ptKm74yiXZ7yQSZTfvUVtHK_e3AdochEp6qEyrfUzAtC7at3-59mwwNpDYxS6GQ8Gjfdx8mUd5uZDmB9TNIVzZ3JSo9zCSUXFu_QGR_37e6WLGk5QTwofmMa3mWvw=w456-h608-no

We made our way outside before the fireworks started. It was cold and windy standing out there but we were rewarded with this lovely view:

ACtC-3dFCi-H2ukiyAcfZDaq44FUx0ig6o6D9BeqlM1Qr6jhaF3RMFnF4BgqUvKLA1QsqY0Lg2BOstZhiO7sXWlFBcYGh5qLTov2R7F3GeBI9qq-e72yt-Oz3wgWKeNQmBJDqrZ-DcK6kH6DOGPf-ndwS_VM0A=w811-h608-no

ACtC-3eEarAy7aAf0Zw3_qNoxQ-AGhztjJmZHx3LOqovwb-8em1Jfb5BSYOcDUu3bN17fEcoKwas0Jl4z2ARsV-gxF8V6ph97dGg6ZTZLylTLqubu11W4wPfxKezp73FquWsvweUjUkZ3nzINH1WacD4l_02rg=w811-h608-no

We waited a little while after it was over because there was a mad rush at the elevators and the lounge cleared out after that, LOL. It would be a good time to go if you just wanted to hang out without any crowds!

We all walked over to MK and Steve headed to the buses while Molly and I went and checked in for our event that night and we got this pic right as we walked in! Miss you Molly!

ACtC-3cErsjvU68FDKo3eAeiI84-hBcbKkbrpG3-_miOOk4kCVEMy5WpFdodys2ULP_Hzr6E2kNjCUMv-kdE1oicpQZSL5LODgHP7JkXO2p7EyhU7SFY5MoV04ipKJqKEy_QpSn5uCH_2MqIiDNVQ8Zv6hhlAg=w456-h608-no
ACtC-3cE91Fh38cT_WQeogIDLwVZo7Syxa0DxCVigLPGTNbLeTLXz6A9AgOq4BkPmwlK1rR-P_4NpvOxIkNrjwNVWL31Uj79x2AIn2_lTRuR6eF9yKxx8uRJ8S-zbm5ZakON9zuzWQW6wUqqVlvHAj2SDvaQ6Q=w406-h608-no

We did notice the park cleared out very quickly. We first did PoTC:

ACtC-3fou2pajQgihUY1sEV-HJRETwTj3aCiq77Fd2sPtDCkSjC3UxGG-3eRjmhcovlF08NiDOMVijPp3ESSbLhnXNnRc8bSzJqU_VOJZoFab-p6Cvq7Txh_oLJLHf4nfgVh96UcHYL5LYiAnC6IgDnJDAoWog=w916-h608-no

AAARRRGGG!!

And look...Peter Pan only had a 5 minute wait?!?!?

ACtC-3f1JhOYHSyAOCcbArZn_2IWWQjBQnqZVIj1tz8slCM1awYIzj45LCyj1Jqc13bJVZF54Dy4P_iZIaqUY50KSPImRwyO0KSvBOHhJ6h5tfL9lTKwU791Pq6YmNEGCIDoEGzldBguF9tx2t1bgT7JEKHG_Q=w456-h608-no

No way!!! So we did that, of course.

When we came out we saw there was barely any line for the lantern shot so we got one!

ACtC-3fhkhqjPHIo4oH-rYsOr07GkNG8b-G_fOopCjaw5KpG-6qL0tUpNet_J-T6Zz3kMpIsG8V8rHjF-B1qw8eAgJCKZEhl_jJ8RMCliJwrLtw45XfEYud57HC6yRdkLIBfuRau92pGosjdliYz6Cf18eKTBw=w913-h608-no

And we went on Mine Train!

ACtC-3f0wCXgD93GdbqXDR7Seq5BETMupjIXc0OuTJGmeu4BEkxM840gcTiajp9QdhueEAD9wVUXcqTfItBoVGRP9zlbtXHOaobaViAhhMNjKB_lA5XuGrYXyc8kV2aSbUkV_FmrxdHvSlmFkumDoP_yfa-gxQ=w406-h608-no

And Winne the Pooh! OMG everything had very little to no lines at all. The cold definitely decreased attendance that night. I know not all AH events are this empty.

ACtC-3dm4bJozNED6PDpAr-I5Ht-GHvwMgf4qEkf1IbatqKgiKHuwJG7u6VZ2NgxDMtzDxhuudJPS30PgaeuskiD7AXmsdElHFA5XGDWJu9foF-ZmT49E_eJuzWc874M_OlfmCS96Za4g4AjNkLNPIvxHRvMyA=w811-h608-no

Here's us singing the praises of Disney's After Hours!

We met up with Caroline @disneyAndi14 and her DD Andi over in Tomorrowland. They were having fun enjoying the low crowds too. We did buzz and then decided to go on the Astro Orbiter. I have not been on this for like...6 years?! It's really hard to get on and off, not very graceful at all, haha. But the best part was that we each got our own space rocket.

ACtC-3crmwue5RNBML7AFoOk4WxZAAnb_GWZeOEycMq8AlNomffK_qiNz9LypLGaHyYQhs552b0yaoQKEruxJ_A2HX8zkUtB_NJDUj23fakygkLg2a1rZmzuh_ZEq20uit9x2dr5mrTPVYgKw1Gmigv2N8-eOw=w703-h937-no

ACtC-3d9AA75_hFJiOZK52CCa8zica1gmQ7uFxq4aPFFrxQcQFVLiYAmtGQZ6_Kh0bXECcikeZnosQAMkSdqlrMtiAnWH2BkHPTnlQe2dvTWWqU8Zdjcng_wq839aPG8dEZhmQMlpNGymqxqh8_CzBj5wIj5lQ=w375-h578-no

It was chilly but a lot of fun though! I don't know when I'll go on this again, but once every 6 years is ok.

We did Buzz then rode Space Mountain together. I think Caroline sat this one out.

ACtC-3e6SRVVUftN0TEedEodw2YmBeTpH4hsM196AhDIB40WifXn-M8sWCYvz-yS_dq4BBevtVw4GR9OUkoW_4WVgHrdSus_LYqCvOWzsrHg9GyXt0E1obMu1hCF0CXzOUWIknYIyY4EtM1Wezr6pIxaMyectQ=w841-h559-no

ALWAYS BE A PRINCESS, even in Space!

We then went to Haunted Mansion. Molly and I were able to recreate this lost scene from earlier that day:

I call it Death by Lipgloss

ACtC-3cvOjZXS1zw7iE4ROeRxrdmWMFWLdW631X59EQz2OaEujeyVBIsRK_u_63rAf2C-I3p3dRm0Y2zWuuaA8RuXdD4QOEItLDlPRlU8GxmGEjGVlOmQCPD5xtdDToS_FeK79wgqbNyMOmtLIf_-JkS9dCi8g=w592-h888-no

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hahaha that cracks me up!!
We managed to meet up with Ariane and @Jenny Sanders and we rode Pirates together.
I think we should have requested our own boat since there was no one there and we had a big party!

ACtC-3cYevbjF198fCv5Vl9zxK2UYQzq_ByNiO09aqcnhqXN-f7j8naTneXaHJEimi6da_SkGWHP5weZHg4URWjVgd3xbw18_rRvvuuQ4QyJtWF9t_KHyux9vkNGTE7l2-PtkKaxokEjhIoeluryZsfumPBevw=w792-h559-no

Steve did not get the one-eyed Jack memo haha pirate: also I love how Molly used her earmuff as an eye patch!

We parted with Jenny, Joe, Ariane and her Steve, as we were all going to different rides but we did run into them later.
We got some popcorn and some treats since they are included in the price.
We needed more fuel because we were so cold!

ACtC-3fO9V-fK7cWL71mGxC648WKYUTdKCfk7-pmhg_qw7Pl_bOAmEEG-l3Ea0CiyM5Rz995y8Ci1RIjmxEeWZOFcrOWm2F79mi9T6hSAJyL8te7dsFx5O15fBBh-AqmCq5YwvgNMwRFZVBtPq6FzvRiDHvlaw=w420-h559-no

We ended the night with a last round on 7DMT. Heigh Ho!

ACtC-3c4UgqZbtVlN-Ec8GdUW9VZnggS5adrDKjJvA3br7HaT5drwUbrdB4FMpHBjmAR52Qx5PLCSmL1WNJjxrJVHU14xE57RoMESo4Cbu2Zr4WAUmF6-zYP0ew8bDWS1Hx0GFQbVvREeFLinn1WnHWE_FvPiw=w477-h714-no

It was such a great night. We commemorated with a castle picture.

ACtC-3e0IQeXzjhNCCprFU7FpldLDLRjzt-3fUoqcLUNeAPvqut02JTDqApwu8zcpFjBDLahQv0KEsSOIkEQf2gvusWqULkBpVVaxfLV0k5gSmAuZe4tMQfvKlW6Rk66ioHdRwKk88RAtKcMLUiXSL3uz99zpA=w476-h714-no

Molly, Caroline, Andi - as usual I loved hanging out with you guys!! I hope we get to do it again soon!

I had a great night! I took a bus back to the CBR and of course the Jamaica section was like the last stop, LOL.

ACtC-3drtgXRNn8_hkWURbFNov8V4QxKVgZmyx91BmklRsBv4WBK2RwHefwyWalwCN1lWQ99nnL2oZKm6Q35VvyztLCXVesIIzuPnBCLIF49Z904R6K58OQCgZtR5l101Tpj1eB0iRz0dafbVmH88IjNjbPogQ=w536-h714-no

Boy was I tired by the end of the night but we still had some fun up our sleeves!
Stay tuned for our last day at Disney where we eat more festival stuff, go to 50's Prime Time, and then head to our first DVC Moonlight Magic event at Animal Kingdom!

Last edited:
And yes everyone agreed that Steve does like plants more than me.
:lmao:
First was the Deconstructed BLT. This was divine. I had this last year and I never met a pork belly I didn't like. It had a soft poached egg on top which provided the most unctuous sauce for the pork belly. YUM.
I still don't get how this is a BLT. No L, no T and an egg?
Almond Frangipane cake which was just beautiful to look at, but to eat, not so much,
That looked pretty... but I suspected it wasn't that great.
Like literaly, the beer had shimmering sparkly powder in it.
arsenic.
ricotta stuffed crispy chicken drumstick from Italy.
Oh! That looks good!
it was Paige O'Hara (original voice of Belle).
How did you know???
At least it's one of the few options where I know we can get a car of our own if we request it.
Did not know that. Even if it's busy??
We decided to watch HEA from Top of the World with Molly
Nice!
:eek:
::yes::
Awww... :) Two friends getting plastered together.
We had fun fishing out all the swedish fish which were icy but they tasted good!
:laughing: Fun drink!
In addition I got a pretzel for us to share.
Yum! That looks good.
we were rewarded with this lovely view:

ACtC-3dFCi-H2ukiyAcfZDaq44FUx0ig6o6D9BeqlM1Qr6jhaF3RMFnF4BgqUvKLA1QsqY0Lg2BOstZhiO7sXWlFBcYGh5qLTov2R7F3GeBI9qq-e72yt-Oz3wgWKeNQmBJDqrZ-DcK6kH6DOGPf-ndwS_VM0A=w811-h608-no
Beautiful shot!
That's gotta be photoshopped! Holy smokes!
When we came out we saw there was barely any line for the lantern shot so we got one!
Cute shot. :)
We met up with Caroline @disneyAndi14 and her DD Andi over in Tomorrowland.
Nice!
decided to go on the Astro Orbiter. I have not been on this for like...6 years?!
I've never been on it.
It's really hard to get on and off,
And that's why.
:laughing: Nice one. Done one similar to that, myself. :)
We managed to meet up with Ariane and @Jenny Sanders and we rode Pirates together.
It's like a mini epic girls meet!
Makes sense. You're cold. Have some ice cream!

What a fun evening :) @JennySanders just posted about that drink in her TR, and I totally did not realize how giant it was until seeing @Mollydolly334 holding it!! Looks tasty!!

Also, I love the sparkly beer! Right up my alley, for the looks! The floral taste....maybe not so much!

You've got to love the low crowds at the after hours events. Totally worth the price and I think I'd eat my weight in ice cream!

Disney in January is such a crapshoot for weather. One visit we had 45 degree temps and another had 85 degree temps. It looks like you hit the cold spell.

OK so in the right side of the hub grass (when facing the castle) there is a Photopass photographer who DOES NOT have a camera. Instead he/she has an ipad. So you just go up to them and ask for the picture. They will tell you where to stand and where to look and they control the camera with their ipad. The times we've seen this before there has been a line but lately there has not been.
Thanks for the tip. Love the zoom shot of you guys 😊
Thank you!! Topolinos is really good! I highly recommend it and we will be returning (hopefully) at some point! Although I don't know if there will be characters anymore with all the restrictions :( But the food alone is worth it!
What a lovely way to start the day. The food looks great. It will be a shame if the characters can’t return. Hopefully some day!
Me too, I always say I should take a break and enjoy one park at a time and I do occassionally but I really have fun with the park hopping!
You make it look so easy. I’m in awe!
OMG I'm just dying inside waiting to be unleashed the minute it's safe to travel!
You’re not on your own there!

Last edited:

Ok, caught up! At first reading the title "Daisy teaches how to dance" I was confused - MMRR was on a different trip! Topolino made sense eventually!

That is unheard of!! PP with under 20 minute wait...I don't think that ever happens even at RD in low crowds...that's my fave ride...I think I would ride 20 times with 5 min wait!!

We did buzz and then decided to go on the Astro Orbiter. I have not been on this for like...6 years?! It's really hard to get on and off, not very graceful at all, haha. But the best part was that we each got our own space rocket.

You picked a good time to do this, as that ride queue takes SO long normally, even when not that busy...I love that one at night too.

Your energy is amazing...to do so many late nights and early mornings...but you are packing in so many fun things!!

Things happen when you're having too much fun with friends!
So true :hug:

Right? I can't even think of jam without thinking of getting some for my sister! LOL. I now know what makes a good souvenir for her.
YES! Or stocking stuffer. Or you could package up your own "jam flight" as a larger gift :rotfl:

I had no idea it was Paige O'Hara (original voice of Belle). I was so excited so had to get this stalkerazzi picture as I was walking by.
How exciting!!!

I can't imagine being packed into buses and monorail cars now!
I know it! I think about that so much - will COVID forever change our comfort level with crowds at Disney? Or will we forget about it in a few years? :confused3

What a fun night!!! And so many Dis friends :grouphug:

AHHHH I love reading your TR and re-living some amazing times! Makes me appreciate how much fun we got in while we could... I seriously go on your Snapchat constantly and re-watch all of our Disney trip stories :laughing:

You guys were the best to tag along with this trip! That night at Top of the World and DAH was definitely one of the funnest memories of the trip!

I miss you so much and ❤ you lots!!!

I posted this on Instagram Stories. And yes everyone agreed that Steve does like plants more than me. Nuff said.

ACtC-3cLaYkKkUTmBvnSNYNx9WEPO53ERBPfXzYU2fL4j6CqYQIEZLtstFMvjniRUoxC6qhueE3HjpuCknBOXmL_E2EmYPBzoJPln8-iy3JIEFifCDmJm1BGYzxxHNfxCK3DhQbZRgp15W7QWNocIBr6oirbMg=w411-h714-no

:rotfl:

As I was walking by, I saw a long line, and I figured a famous artist was around, but I had no idea it was Paige O'Hara

I would love to go to this festival JUST for the chance to meet her!

ACtC-3eqWMKRjTCwMg6d0DCyFkfcceQkYWj4p4ePVMcx65wtrEtXpnLKG5sEOosFJ3G0zTDD3orau0zX0TwZULrLM4cJ4QWSRWXjDv4364Xp3G6F60HCUCEOTjBYiJl5xPdrNQk-3a_RrshR00LKG8oVy49EEg=w456-h608-no

Oh my! It's bigger than her head!

It was cold and windy standing out there but we were rewarded with this lovely view:

Just gorgeous :love: What I wouldn't give to be standing there right now...

We all walked over to MK and Steve headed to the buses

Wait, I must've missed something. Steve didn't go to DAH?

then decided to go on the Astro Orbiter. I have not been on this for like...6 years?!

I've still never been on. I keep thinking I might and then keep forgetting about it!

ACtC-3cvOjZXS1zw7iE4ROeRxrdmWMFWLdW631X59EQz2OaEujeyVBIsRK_u_63rAf2C-I3p3dRm0Y2zWuuaA8RuXdD4QOEItLDlPRlU8GxmGEjGVlOmQCPD5xtdDToS_FeK79wgqbNyMOmtLIf_-JkS9dCi8g=w592-h888-no

Awesome! :rotfl2:

I think we should have requested our own boat since there was no one there and we had a big party!

ACtC-3cYevbjF198fCv5Vl9zxK2UYQzq_ByNiO09aqcnhqXN-f7j8naTneXaHJEimi6da_SkGWHP5weZHg4URWjVgd3xbw18_rRvvuuQ4QyJtWF9t_KHyux9vkNGTE7l2-PtkKaxokEjhIoeluryZsfumPBevw=w792-h559-no

Steve did not get the one-eyed Jack memo haha pirate: also I love how Molly used her earmuff as an eye patch!

I love this! Poor Steve looks so confused back there, like, "I don't know these people!" Ha!

What a great night at DAH. Still one of the things I would like to do, and actually Mike and I were going to try it in March or July but we all know what happened there. Maybe someday!

. I was ready to tackle this Colorful Cuisine challenge!

ACtC-3dzKHU1e2EiV3EKq1DmMOhu2TC9ZahAQIe2NHCm9T39f7VdYUxo494mjEucrt9xtd7DZNZbBvHfKjskNmq5RsphcUOlBloXn2VpPfScF-vZTx-SONLY-YnAbDuRj44lk8J3XZilAIPhJanx6PPNutJjNQ=w461-h614-no
Always love these little challenges. ::yes::
Athough not part of the Festival challenge, I had to try this ricotta stuffed crispy chicken drumstick from Italy. Although it wasn't really stuffed. The cheese was on the bottom and not inside the chicken, but it was tasty!

ACtC-3fpY3-ws18WQWLFU7yAB1bOR-aHWcGxDGT71HswPczT0NfAwc-olNf9-Rcru2npxkX4BigIov2gVw_sAGZlbo80EeoKGTHc5YJ5r_dB-pWYIc_GZeyUWdxnhBMN5dpByhOfe-M45FRh5hH5xV_I2tbwSQ=w456-h608-no

That looks super tasty! What a great combo!

We waited a little while after it was over because there was a mad rush at the elevators and the lounge cleared out after that, LOL. It would be a good time to go if you just wanted to hang out without any crowds!

I can see myself really enjoying that, but the After Hours event looked amazing! Those WAIT TIMES!!!!!

And Winne the Pooh! OMG everything had very little to no lines at all. The cold definitely decreased attendance that night. I know not all AH events are this empty.

ACtC-3dm4bJozNED6PDpAr-I5Ht-GHvwMgf4qEkf1IbatqKgiKHuwJG7u6VZ2NgxDMtzDxhuudJPS30PgaeuskiD7AXmsdElHFA5XGDWJu9foF-ZmT49E_eJuzWc874M_OlfmCS96Za4g4AjNkLNPIvxHRvMyA=w811-h608-no

How fun!

:lmao:
I had a great night! I took a bus back to the CBR and of course the Jamaica section was like the last stop, LOL.

I hated that section being last every single night! UGH!

OK, with all your TRs I tried to find the comment to respond to and couldn't, but whenever you ate the waffle at MK with the Nutella and I commented that I wish I liked the stuff you asked what it was that I didn't like. I am not a fan of hazelnut. Generally I don't like nuts. For a long time the only nuts I ate were peanuts. I have gotten over that and now I'm OK with sliced almonds in Chinese Chicken Salad, cashews in trail mix, and Baklava, and Pecan pie. But for some reason the taste of hazelnuts and some other kinds are just something I can't do.

First was the Deconstructed BLT. This was divine.

I thought so too! Love almost anything with Pork Belly!

And then this Almond Frangipane cake which was just beautiful to look at, but to eat, not so much, it was very dense and rich.

I just didn't care for the taste of the Almond Flour

Next was the Seared Corvina. It was ok, nothing special but I needed it for the challenge!

That sounded good, but we never made it past the booth with the almond cake.

That sounds really yummy!

I am really liking the skyliner! At least it's one of the few options where I know we can get a car of our own if we request it. I can't imagine being packed into buses and monorail cars now!

That's funny! I am exactly the opposite. Perhaps if I didn't have to ride all by myself I might like it more. It is a very efficient means of transportation, but I hate that I'm clamped in there all by myself. Maybe next time, Fran and I should call each other, then again, what are we going to talk about?

It was pretty crowded as it usually is before the fireworks:

That's my least favorite time there.....

We were all wondering what to drink and we decided to share the very very large drink, the Seven Seas Lagoon.

That looks like a big drink, but I wonder if they can make it without the coconut rum and just use regular.

Now it doesn't look nearly as big with the two of you holding it.

That's when I would order another drink and just wait.

We all walked over to MK and Steve headed to the buses while Molly and I went and checked in for our event

What? No Steve joining you?

I still want to do this one day.....

It's really hard to get on and off, not very graceful at all, haha. But the best part was that we each got our own space rocket.

I rode this for the first time in December and almost peed myself trying to get out of the rocket! :laughing:

Nice!

Stay tuned for our last day at Disney where we eat more festival stuff, go to 50's Prime Time, and then head to our first DVC Moonlight Magic event at Animal Kingdom!

Oooh! We did Moonlight Magic there too, that's my next update!

Well there is a sauce made from tomatoes, but the only "L" I can think of is a tiny leaf they put on top of it.

Hi!!! I am playing catch up... again... But I am here.

I'm glad we got a king bed! It actually makes the room seem, well, roomier! It was a standard moderate room, although I thought it was a bit plain and it needed a little spiffing up since you can tell the carpet was a little murky, the corners are dinged, etc. I actually liked our room at All Star Movies better, but hey, it's just a place t
I love the "hardwood" floors in the newer rooms. SOoooo much better.

So we called an Uber and made the ride over to DHS. Which honestly isn't that far, but the line of cars to get into the park is a little crazy.
The traffic is crazy getting in at that time these days. It is super stressful!

And we ended up with Boarding Group 62!! Of course my friend Alyssa got Boarding Group 18! I'm not even sure how they assign groups since we were all checking at the same time, and pressing buttons at the same time, but hey, it may be random or not who knows, but we were excited to even get a Boarding Group!!
I heard that it is luck as to what server you are sent to when you check in. So,basically it is mostly random.

We decided that we didn't want to stay in the park that much longer because there wasn't much to do with the lines being so long, and we decided to head back to the resort where we can just relax a bit and freshen and for me up de-puff.
It' since that at least you could go back and rest for while...

The speed at which it could take us back to the resort, was UNCANNY. It took us like 6 minutes to get from DHS to CBR. And we were back in our room two minutes after we got off, so like 10 mins door to door is pretty unheard of. It was SWEET.
It is amazingly fast from HS to Caribbean Beach! And EPCOT as well! We love it.

Renee (@ArielSRL) was filming a room tour and I sort of interrupted her by banking on the window to say hi!
Ha! I love that you intreputed her.

Well everyone just be prepared to wait an hour just to get into a park! It's coming, I'm telling ya.
Oye! I know. Security is already a nightmare. It's only going to get worse!

That drink looks huge! But I'm a sucker for anything blue, so I think it looks really good. Plus...Swedish Fish?!? Awesome.

Sounds like a great After Hours party, despite the cold weather. There were so many DISers there, sort of like an Epic party!

Day 3 Part 2: Disney After Hours

It was crowded there too but at least we were able to go on: LWTL!

ACtC-3eaWSmgDqWCr7XQ_MbLWrsqvUdQVzS3Xly7vlXsaitDAu63KhbRqLsrA6JITtLGL1hXkmxmEbhaFiGHyVnDyYw9wXeLjkAcjxdS4YyKur04nF2iEPvTvlTH4KNNMzTJ-_nM2dNINZxjhLOHubwyqLUzxA=w819-h614-no

I went off to do some Festival menu challenges. I was ready to tackle this Colorful Cuisine challenge!

ACtC-3flYZZhKdx4xHx4Kx61God5rFx8XX-zAIF-R3ZUFIssh7iTmNDrn9w4QV2dfscdXfHudDwTaEoP-ERz4eLmfEO7YfYcfBECNr-3_8pwJWbgEFDp1MonloMMH6-0h02ZH03eXZL34hJSxKdB4czAZ8hWrw=w461-h614-no

And then this Almond Frangipane cake which was just beautiful to look at, but to eat, not so much, it was very dense and rich. I ate most of it but could not and Steve didn't really want any either. Oh well, I did get a stamp for my challenge though!

ACtC-3dUVcVowcAQNv2J7dNHGI5LRUuTGTCXLlpirdEgEl2CZqLB4_lxIOtkOEgIYdgrOJpvx4fvlWbLcdabrjBfML0F500m50NI7IBxUvBJXRhPmmnDZMcpBqwxXSMsaXNGX24l8bHOlIqijrVAbMqZLTyrOg=w819-h614-no

I couldn't help but also get this shimmering beer. Like literaly, the beer had shimmering sparkly powder in it. All edible of course but i have never tried or seen one in person. I thought it was so pretty, but it wasn't really my thing flavor wise. Maybe too...floral?

ACtC-3eAKfbEvuaZKSFh1URDsljbWKzMgBw6GOilAua2slTxsQrnDeFFTG20jEnBqCU9GSVa_LA1cjOr3zQ_qh4YLXkLeDDitcLvC3JXtmEcAw-oGSwWxcqebyCsd_LONEIhTCehDCiQ5ZLOeS_xU4pPcm4krw=w461-h614-no

ACtC-3c9xjFoQNkK6Sm2QabTxYBvM6xXbOLctCS-7XzYQN2zbvLNysNhRaK1B1GFzKyzd-5scVBVBIWxtGA79TKHS3ueuYzDrF_oKYeHh7MzPpvCygX0k5tj4LHQDECdBrxwq_EQIeQFBr5XZESUxjtodhxxew=w456-h608-no

Despite it being a bit chilly, it was a really nice day at Epcot:

ACtC-3fgCoQwdV61ZXYwNr7-3JBZwKSSSh3QZRWqaN-eD2WA8PASr79TZYzCbhHsOMtLF8IpqkGYTJGZYwmRDPohTtPgnRmOFhmLX19Aomhremw26UDmDPyXc0WO64tDWClgv-R67vlXliGOWCLe26MU-yOGUg=w456-h608-no

Though I didn't get to complete the challenge today (still a few items I needed to get) - we still had tomorrow.

As I was walking by, I saw a long line, and I figured a famous artist was around, but I had no idea it was Paige O'Hara (original voice of Belle). I was so excited so had to get this stalkerazzi picture as I was walking by.

ACtC-3fnAHBit2TC5lddnX9_5h0tyXTi0KtN8H0FYRZXm5VTO5KImqW7hJyzvlBF15kBcQOpiWtNHZnlJ4T-3kDaWeJ4G87rFrVdASt2bCAraTCq-gKoS3725Anjw2T-73SHYF--Bj_XKQQcxfOn_j33_JyWvA=w456-h608-no

That was really cool!

We exited Epcot on the World Showcase side and took the skyliner back to CBR. It was super quick. I am really liking the skyliner! At least it's one of the few options where I know we can get a car of our own if we request it. I can't imagine being packed into buses and monorail cars now!

We hung out in the room for a bit until the evening when we headed to Bay Lake Tower. We decided to watch HEA from Top of the World with Molly before we head into the park for our After Hours even! I made sure to wear an extra layer because it was cold! We uber-ed it over to BLT and met Molly in the lobby and headed up. I've only been here once before and it was before we were DVC members; a friend took us up for my birthday one year! So I knew we had to make it back here one day now that we are DVC members. It was pretty crowded as it usually is before the fireworks:

ACtC-3dbFeWVKaEuVDT3ZToHAGsMKmdKKCLG4jtRdQ0bcsoNOeX6iSldA9VfmOaSH7s8KPtOzNc45P0gA7h5FIbtS1jXLLoqO4jKrC2sl4YmmYNpfiDT5OC-MukoMNn92mZh2zH5isl89-o3u6s33La0Gxum0g=w811-h608-no

ACtC-3fgCJZ6viL4mqWdSvjPqKBNBiaEDemOjoBFQrIxxa9hGesZ-256nnQOA9pNTjH0bI5JTX7q9tI-gZ4T52pvgbtaAG3lCvddFn-cVcGRpKc9_mEKFYU6zoAf9pUbwE6W0Bx91-dU1Ukqnb3IC8p6bUSNjg=w811-h608-no

So even though it was so fruity and colorful, I think it does pack a punch. You don't notice until you've had a few sips. Maybe I'm a lightweight though, LMAO. We had fun fishing out all the Swedish fish which were icy but they tasted good!

In addition I got a pretzel for us to share. It was really good! Reminded me of the ones at Germany.

ACtC-3cljCTdB4ZR8cot3jcD3oz7dE3y7ptKm74yiXZ7yQSZTfvUVtHK_e3AdochEp6qEyrfUzAtC7at3-59mwwNpDYxS6GQ8Gjfdx8mUd5uZDmB9TNIVzZ3JSo9zCSUXFu_QGR_37e6WLGk5QTwofmMa3mWvw=w456-h608-no

We made our way outside before the fireworks started. It was cold and windy standing out there but we were rewarded with this lovely view:

ACtC-3eEarAy7aAf0Zw3_qNoxQ-AGhztjJmZHx3LOqovwb-8em1Jfb5BSYOcDUu3bN17fEcoKwas0Jl4z2ARsV-gxF8V6ph97dGg6ZTZLylTLqubu11W4wPfxKezp73FquWsvweUjUkZ3nzINH1WacD4l_02rg=w811-h608-no

We all walked over to MK and Steve headed to the buses while Molly and I went and checked in for our event that night and we got this pic right as we walked in! Miss you Molly!

ACtC-3cErsjvU68FDKo3eAeiI84-hBcbKkbrpG3-_miOOk4kCVEMy5WpFdodys2ULP_Hzr6E2kNjCUMv-kdE1oicpQZSL5LODgHP7JkXO2p7EyhU7SFY5MoV04ipKJqKEy_QpSn5uCH_2MqIiDNVQ8Zv6hhlAg=w456-h608-no
ACtC-3cE91Fh38cT_WQeogIDLwVZo7Syxa0DxCVigLPGTNbLeTLXz6A9AgOq4BkPmwlK1rR-P_4NpvOxIkNrjwNVWL31Uj79x2AIn2_lTRuR6eF9yKxx8uRJ8S-zbm5ZakON9zuzWQW6wUqqVlvHAj2SDvaQ6Q=w406-h608-no

We did notice the park cleared out very quickly. We first did PoTC:

ACtC-3fou2pajQgihUY1sEV-HJRETwTj3aCiq77Fd2sPtDCkSjC3UxGG-3eRjmhcovlF08NiDOMVijPp3ESSbLhnXNnRc8bSzJqU_VOJZoFab-p6Cvq7Txh_oLJLHf4nfgVh96UcHYL5LYiAnC6IgDnJDAoWog=w916-h608-no

AAARRRGGG!!

ACtC-3f1JhOYHSyAOCcbArZn_2IWWQjBQnqZVIj1tz8slCM1awYIzj45LCyj1Jqc13bJVZF54Dy4P_iZIaqUY50KSPImRwyO0KSvBOHhJ6h5tfL9lTKwU791Pq6YmNEGCIDoEGzldBguF9tx2t1bgT7JEKHG_Q=w456-h608-no

No way!!! So we did that, of course.

ACtC-3fhkhqjPHIo4oH-rYsOr07GkNG8b-G_fOopCjaw5KpG-6qL0tUpNet_J-T6Zz3kMpIsG8V8rHjF-B1qw8eAgJCKZEhl_jJ8RMCliJwrLtw45XfEYud57HC6yRdkLIBfuRau92pGosjdliYz6Cf18eKTBw=w913-h608-no

And we went on Mine Train!

ACtC-3f0wCXgD93GdbqXDR7Seq5BETMupjIXc0OuTJGmeu4BEkxM840gcTiajp9QdhueEAD9wVUXcqTfItBoVGRP9zlbtXHOaobaViAhhMNjKB_lA5XuGrYXyc8kV2aSbUkV_FmrxdHvSlmFkumDoP_yfa-gxQ=w406-h608-no

Here's us singing the praises of Disney's After Hours!

We met up with Caroline @disneyAndi14 and her DD Andi over in Tomorrowland. They were having fun enjoying the low crowds too. We did buzz and then decided to go on the Astro Orbiter. I have not been on this for like...6 years?! It's really hard to get on and off, not very graceful at all, haha. But the best part was that we each got our own space rocket.

ACtC-3crmwue5RNBML7AFoOk4WxZAAnb_GWZeOEycMq8AlNomffK_qiNz9LypLGaHyYQhs552b0yaoQKEruxJ_A2HX8zkUtB_NJDUj23fakygkLg2a1rZmzuh_ZEq20uit9x2dr5mrTPVYgKw1Gmigv2N8-eOw=w703-h937-no

ACtC-3d9AA75_hFJiOZK52CCa8zica1gmQ7uFxq4aPFFrxQcQFVLiYAmtGQZ6_Kh0bXECcikeZnosQAMkSdqlrMtiAnWH2BkHPTnlQe2dvTWWqU8Zdjcng_wq839aPG8dEZhmQMlpNGymqxqh8_CzBj5wIj5lQ=w375-h578-no

It was chilly but a lot of fun though! I don't know when I'll go on this again, but once every 6 years is ok.

We did Buzz then rode Space Mountain together. I think Caroline sat this one out.

ACtC-3e6SRVVUftN0TEedEodw2YmBeTpH4hsM196AhDIB40WifXn-M8sWCYvz-yS_dq4BBevtVw4GR9OUkoW_4WVgHrdSus_LYqCvOWzsrHg9GyXt0E1obMu1hCF0CXzOUWIknYIyY4EtM1Wezr6pIxaMyectQ=w841-h559-no

ALWAYS BE A PRINCESS, even in Space!

We then went to Haunted Mansion. Molly and I were able to recreate this lost scene from earlier that day:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hahaha that cracks me up!!

We parted with Jenny, Joe, Ariane and her Steve, as we were all going to different rides but we did run into them later.
We got some popcorn and some treats since they are included in the price.
We needed more fuel because we were so cold!

ACtC-3fO9V-fK7cWL71mGxC648WKYUTdKCfk7-pmhg_qw7Pl_bOAmEEG-l3Ea0CiyM5Rz995y8Ci1RIjmxEeWZOFcrOWm2F79mi9T6hSAJyL8te7dsFx5O15fBBh-AqmCq5YwvgNMwRFZVBtPq6FzvRiDHvlaw=w420-h559-no

We ended the night with a last round on 7DMT. Heigh Ho!

ACtC-3c4UgqZbtVlN-Ec8GdUW9VZnggS5adrDKjJvA3br7HaT5drwUbrdB4FMpHBjmAR52Qx5PLCSmL1WNJjxrJVHU14xE57RoMESo4Cbu2Zr4WAUmF6-zYP0ew8bDWS1Hx0GFQbVvREeFLinn1WnHWE_FvPiw=w477-h714-no

ACtC-3e0IQeXzjhNCCprFU7FpldLDLRjzt-3fUoqcLUNeAPvqut02JTDqApwu8zcpFjBDLahQv0KEsSOIkEQf2gvusWqULkBpVVaxfLV0k5gSmAuZe4tMQfvKlW6Rk66ioHdRwKk88RAtKcMLUiXSL3uz99zpA=w476-h714-no

Molly, Caroline, Andi - as usual I loved hanging out with you guys!! I hope we get to do it again soon!

ACtC-3drtgXRNn8_hkWURbFNov8V4QxKVgZmyx91BmklRsBv4WBK2RwHefwyWalwCN1lWQ99nnL2oZKm6Q35VvyztLCXVesIIzuPnBCLIF49Z904R6K58OQCgZtR5l101Tpj1eB0iRz0dafbVmH88IjNjbPogQ=w536-h714-no

Boy was I tired by the end of the night but we still had some fun up our sleeves!

That instagram story is too funny! :laughing: All of the food looks so good, I really need to get to festival of the arts. Sneaky pictures are the way to go!

The buses are going to be such an issue when the parks reopen! I usually try to be more budget conscious but I am thinking about staying at an Epcot resort in January (if they're open) to have walking access to two parks!

Omg, that drink at BLT looks amazing! I think the view there looks even better than at CA Grill. Your pirates picture is so cute! I am always caught off guard and have such ridiculous faces on accident :rotfl:Astro orbiter always looks a little terrifying, something about being in that tiny little ship! AH looks like such a fun night and even more fun with so many meet ups! Especially love that 7DMT photo, so nice when you have the whole train so no one is blocking anyone's face!

there was a microgreen and a tomato schmear. The egg was just extra but I love the addition!
How did you know???
There was a sign that said her name and of course I knew who she was from documentaries about Disney and stuff.
Awww... :) Two friends getting plastered together.
Yep
Beautiful shot!
Thank you!
That's gotta be photoshopped! Holy smokes!
LOL I would never believe it if I saw it either!
It's like a mini epic girls meet!
Yes!
Makes sense. You're cold. Have some ice cream!
We had to eat it because we paid for it, haha.
What a fun evening :) @JennySanders just posted about that drink in her TR, and I totally did not realize how giant it was until seeing @Mollydolly334 holding it!! Looks tasty!!

Also, I love the sparkly beer! Right up my alley, for the looks! The floral taste....maybe not so much!
That drink is huge! Good thing there's a decent amount of ice it it! But it was super fun to drink.
The sparkly beer was fun to photograph, but it tasted funny! I think it's some sort of edible glitter. They should put it in Miller Lite and call it Sparkle Lite!
MK DAH was AWESOME! We had so much fun hanging out with you, Molly Caroline and Andi for a little while.
It was great how low the crowds were! I had a really fun time with everyone!
You've got to love the low crowds at the after hours events. Totally worth the price and I think I'd eat my weight in ice cream!
It was really fun! I don't always do the paid events on each trip but this one was worth it!
Disney in January is such a crapshoot for weather. One visit we had 45 degree temps and another had 85 degree temps. It looks like you hit the cold spell.
Yup we got a little of both! That's why I had to pack so many layers!
Thanks for the tip. Love the zoom shot of you guys 😊
Thank you!
What a lovely way to start the day. The food looks great. It will be a shame if the characters can’t return. Hopefully some day!
I know, I just don't know if it will be the same. It'll be weird for sure.
You make it look so easy. I’m in awe!
Haha, not always that easy but doable!
You’re not on your own there!
Tomorrow morning I will be trying for park reservations!
MK looks so fun with no crowds. Hopefully they will bring it back someday.
I hope so too! It's the perfect event for social distancing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter