Rise of the Chunkies! A Jan 2020 Trip Report! NEW 7/14 THE END of our TRIP!!

Ok, caught up! At first reading the title "Daisy teaches how to dance" I was confused - MMRR was on a different trip! Topolino made sense eventually!
Oh yeah I get confused with the TRs I'm writing now, I think I need to finish one (which I did). :sad2:
That is unheard of!! PP with under 20 minute wait...I don't think that ever happens even at RD in low crowds...that's my fave ride...I think I would ride 20 times with 5 min wait!!
We were like, WOAH!!! We did go on it twice that night!
You picked a good time to do this, as that ride queue takes SO long normally, even when not that busy...I love that one at night too.
Yes! So fun at night!
Your energy is amazing...to do so many late nights and early mornings...but you are packing in so many fun things!!
I'm seriously the laziest person at home and don't even want to do anything. But at Disney I'm super pumped and want to do everything!!
YES! Or stocking stuffer. Or you could package up your own "jam flight" as a larger gift :rotfl:
Haha I love the jam flight idea!! Maybe a Jams of the world sampler, Jams by state, Jams by timezone...LOL!! So many ideas! #thegiftthatkeepsongiving
I know it! I think about that so much - will COVID forever change our comfort level with crowds at Disney? Or will we forget about it in a few years? :confused3
I don't know! For sure it will be hard to forget this. Will mask-wearing be the norm for the US for some time? It's uncanny to think that this is our new normal.
What a fun night!!! And so many Dis friends :grouphug:
Indeed! Just missing you Tracy!! :grouphug:
AHHHH I love reading your TR and re-living some amazing times! Makes me appreciate how much fun we got in while we could... I seriously go on your Snapchat constantly and re-watch all of our Disney trip stories :laughing:
LOL me too! I'm glad I take them just because I want to go back to those moments of complete happiness and fun times, and I don't even know how I'm going to do those videos now because I have to talk through a mask!
You guys were the best to tag along with this trip! That night at Top of the World and DAH was definitely one of the funnest memories of the trip!
We had so much fun with you Molly!! We have to try and do it again one of these days!
I miss you so much and ❤ you lots!!!
Me too!! :hug:
Oh that looks like a fantastic AH event!!! You girls are so cute together, oh my gosh!! What a fabulous night :lovestruc
It really was a fun but cold night!!
I would love to go to this festival JUST for the chance to meet her!
I know! I had no idea she was going to be there but I was stunned to see her! I think it will be fun to have an epic trip during that time just because the festival is great and we probably won't have to worry about it being too hot, haha.
Oh my! It's bigger than her head!
Yes! It was bigger than all our heads! But Molly did a good job of showing the size comparison!
Just gorgeous :love: What I wouldn't give to be standing there right now...
You and me both. :)
Wait, I must've missed something. Steve didn't go to DAH?
Nope, I know he wouldn't be up for the late night and he didn't really want to go but told me to go. Since I knew that Molly was going solo I thought it would be fun to go solo too but I was never really solo that night, ya know? :)
I've still never been on. I keep thinking I might and then keep forgetting about it!
It's a once every 6 years kinda thing for me. It wasn't bad and it was kinda cool at night, but definitely too hard to get on and off...gracefully.
I love this! Poor Steve looks so confused back there, like, "I don't know these people!" Ha!
His expression cracks me up, he totally knew what we all were going to do and totally made fun of us, haha!
What a great night at DAH. Still one of the things I would like to do, and actually Mike and I were going to try it in March or July but we all know what happened there. Maybe someday!
Awww...are you still going in July? Our next trip is August 26- Sep 2, staying at a few different resorts because I had to mash together different DVC points from having to reschedule stuff. Ugh it's so annoying!

Always love these little challenges. ::yes::
Me too!! It's not even a challenge when all I have to do is eat.
That looks super tasty! What a great combo!
It's like fried chicken met...lasagna? A winner!
I can see myself really enjoying that, but the After Hours event looked amazing! Those WAIT TIMES!!!!!
Seriously, it was like we had the whole park to ourselves!!
I hated that section being last every single night! UGH!
Ugh, that's why I don't love the big resorts, too much time spent going from stop to stop just inside the resort!
OK, with all your TRs I tried to find the comment to respond to and couldn't, but whenever you ate the waffle at MK with the Nutella and I commented that I wish I liked the stuff you asked what it was that I didn't like. I am not a fan of hazelnut. Generally I don't like nuts. For a long time the only nuts I ate were peanuts. I have gotten over that and now I'm OK with sliced almonds in Chinese Chicken Salad, cashews in trail mix, and Baklava, and Pecan pie. But for some reason the taste of hazelnuts and some other kinds are just something I can't do.
LOL I know, it's my fault. I need to finish this one so I can get started on March 2020 Flower and Garden!

That's so funny about the hazelnuts, because at one point I didn't like nuts either but I tried hazelnuts and loved them and then chocolate and hazelnuts together were just so good so I grew up loving Nutella. I don't love it as much now as it's just too sweet, but once in a while it's so good!
I thought so too! Love almost anything with Pork Belly!
Delicious!!
I just didn't care for the taste of the Almond Flour
I'm ok with almond flour, it was definitely the denseness of the cake for me.
That sounded good, but we never made it past the booth with the almond cake.
It was ok but not a very exciting fish dish.
That sounds really yummy!
It was quite good! As I described to Liesa...fried chicken meats lasagna. At least those were the flavors that I got.
That's funny! I am exactly the opposite. Perhaps if I didn't have to ride all by myself I might like it more. It is a very efficient means of transportation, but I hate that I'm clamped in there all by myself. Maybe next time, Fran and I should call each other, then again, what are we going to talk about?
You can video call just to keep each other company! I think that sounds really cute!
That's my least favorite time there.....
Now we know!
That looks like a big drink, but I wonder if they can make it without the coconut rum and just use regular.
I can't see why not!
Now it doesn't look nearly as big with the two of you holding it.
True! It's big for one but not too bad for two.
That's when I would order another drink and just wait.
That would probably what we may have done but we had to get to the event before it started!
What? No Steve joining you?
Nope, he prefers not to do the late night stuff. Even though he says he's ok I can tell he is tired (he wakes up earlier than I do) but I asked if he wanted to go and he said he'd rather not and esp since it's like 100 bucks extra so thought it would be the perfect event to go solo, but since I was with friends, I was never solo!
I still want to do this one day.....
I'm still not too happy with any picture I take. I don't like pictures of my neck and double chin.
I rode this for the first time in December and almost peed myself trying to get out of the rocket! :laughing:
Oh for sure it is the worse ride to get in and out of!
Oooh! We did Moonlight Magic there too, that's my next update!
Oh fun!! Ours was freezing!
Well there is a sauce made from tomatoes, but the only "L" I can think of is a tiny leaf they put on top of it.
Haha that's what I thought. Micro-lettuces.
Maybe because the L and the T got LosT.
HAHA

I love the "hardwood" floors in the newer rooms. SOoooo much better.
Me too!! I love wood floors.
The traffic is crazy getting in at that time these days. It is super stressful!
It is! I was so nervous.
I heard that it is luck as to what server you are sent to when you check in. So,basically it is mostly random.
Yeah I guess so. I like how everyone has their own theories, like if you were solo you'd get a lower number, etc. But I am pretty sure it's random!
It' since that at least you could go back and rest for while...
It's so nice and so quick! That is one advantage of that section of CBR. If you're going to Epcot or DHS it's so nice to be able to go directly there without having to switch skyliners. But then going to the other parks are a pain with the buses.
It is amazingly fast from HS to Caribbean Beach! And EPCOT as well! We love it.
LOVE this mode of transportation!!
Ha! I love that you intreputed her.
I am thinking now that she may have had to record her room tour again. Oops!
Oye! I know. Security is already a nightmare. It's only going to get worse!
:sad::sad::sad: I don't even know what to expect!
That drink looks huge! But I'm a sucker for anything blue, so I think it looks really good. Plus...Swedish Fish?!? Awesome.
Yes, such a gargantuan drink but so fun!
Sounds like a great After Hours party, despite the cold weather. There were so many DISers there, sort of like an Epic party!
It really was! It's nice to be able to go to Disney now and know that we know at least someone from the DISboards there when we are!
That instagram story is too funny! :laughing: All of the food looks so good, I really need to get to festival of the arts. Sneaky pictures are the way to go!
Haha that's what I do since I don't want to wait in a line and I had nothing that she could sign!
The buses are going to be such an issue when the parks reopen! I usually try to be more budget conscious but I am thinking about staying at an Epcot resort in January (if they're open) to have walking access to two parks!
I am really really trying to figure out how the whole transportation is going to work. Since you can't park hop, that means there will be no buses that do that? Hmm I guess we will all find out.
Omg, that drink at BLT looks amazing! I think the view there looks even better than at CA Grill. Your pirates picture is so cute! I am always caught off guard and have such ridiculous faces on accident :rotfl:Astro orbiter always looks a little terrifying, something about being in that tiny little ship! AH looks like such a fun night and even more fun with so many meet ups! Especially love that 7DMT photo, so nice when you have the whole train so no one is blocking anyone's face!
The view at ToTW is better I think since it's closer.
We used to never know when ride pics are but now we do!
AH was a great time, we got to go on almost everything that we wanted to. including AO!! But yeah I don't mind if I don't ride it anytime soon.
That pic at the end with all of us on mine train is fun!!!
We had a great night and I was glad so many of DISfriends were there too!!

Hope everyone who was planning (groaning) on the Park Pass System for WDW this morning got what they wanted! It took me about 2 hours but finally got through and made reservations until the end of the year until my newly-extended AP expires. But I have to change some DVC dates around a bit but now the DVC site is down. Gotta love Disney IT. :badpc:

Day 4: Part 1: The Attempt to Rise

Since Steve didn't go to After Hours, he had a solo evening and went to the Riviera Resort for dinner and had his new favorite salad, the tuna nicoise, and went back to the room and chilled. I'm actually happy he's ok by himself without any plans since then I can do stuff solo too. He's learning guys, a few years ago he'd be asking me
"What time is dinner?" "What time is our FP? "When are we leaving?"

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Since he'd had a fairly early night Steve decided to get up early and head to DHS again to try for RoTR. I was definitely too tired that morning so I did not wake up. He wen through the motions of ubering over going through turnstiles and ended up with BG 98. Woah. He wasn't even sure if he would be able to ride. The thing is, we were supposed to go to Moonlight Magic that evening at AK, and from what we've seen every day, they kinda stop the BG somewhere before that range and he may be considered a back up group. It was rather unclear at that point but there was nothing we could do.

We then decided we should try breakfast at the Riviera at Primo Piatti. He asked if I wanted to join him and since we were heading to Epcot anyways, I got ready and headed out and met him at the resort. We shared the Croque Madame and it was really tasty with good crispy bacon!

ACtC-3d5o83b7D44SC-mFL2RA75uB7EIaZvf6IKm4sZPxd2U15WASOOwa9xGKJQzXSXxKytTTleyY8uGFumCl5WktVDhZ0LtlM-liaqwfDmUZ0kb-mMY_GdzWgEpFjXgPkbGq2xI-otMd4xM3c627Ngxv9Z8NA=w878-h658-no

It was very cold that morning so we knew we were in for a very chilly day.

ACtC-3fVY2lMctFLBftYwhAYnC7dw6NYfR9X17J0JpT0-b7UWIKCwaIrmVSvVPCPr0EanlwXaBvi39d2jkMMWxEKd8HtJZOAy0XUB3TH5Z167nYdE6EoFcsPGDMBh6Rs2U-fAdiMsqUepJDPPHs48doLhvvraA=w494-h658-no

BRRRRR!

We headed over to Epcot after and did more Festival of the Arts stuff.

ACtC-3ekls91veNTYsXfC-AyI9WQgqD_Se8jd1gO44jP2QNHI_wkcOTutTi-IQdJI7mIKTpZrzMjrj5g_K0fTq-PVs7tBqU7AVvV22J2Hedreu43lmqPuNbmnOzuVS5wa9Q9twZxDmd3KJz-08hivGslcRxS_A=w878-h658-no

ACtC-3dJjM6cBPSG_afHWqBbKc_Fmrizt9NQxRKqjdw-9PxAwM-GwiIsV1jefP41kCYmdhHzqa5fVLskA49iN1Ya7h3vWKXXHB0BCl5FrT_QxWF4KewxLGG45CqIlO5R_DiwLTPl2YdIHQDnjHlvZf74uy2wxQ=w494-h658-no

We also went to pick up our passholder magnets for that quarter. It was located near the new Mousegears location over by Innoventions...west? East or west I can't remember because I'm directionaly challenged. :laughing: But I have always loved these rectangular bushes. They are just so cool.

ACtC-3c8mYiEqXeuLnuoA9uXoJMEWJssmVA65hpy5A2jMqJ7G65BPAeH3y2AEa4z6DGNBPC2PolRlUvMaJd2E3E46UnxdVxqnv862GHceU8JyqJxqlzzO7Sr32ZJ0y7aZe41tYNMfkIGId_VCMV_BOS8pwtPag=w494-h658-no

Also painting by numbers is awesome.

ACtC-3dkT-O8a0kNbVM9SRqPu8lrl1lA7BrkHvMPtT3QRZZgfatXhqEh8tzyw9cT3l0vvMfwmQ9Rqmmwm_2t-Sgx30vUL5vJ6b7-qMkzDiZZbpZJRtY4KnqHS3YDA95FJN1l0juPNkB2sETzScF-nboUpLtGIw=w481-h641-no

ACtC-3da5a_v8hQmr_AR4a7jh9Kn6d-GM0loygabheKm1-7LYYKce9yP_xOIGjJZ_PRP9DiMsMCUubEmK0TSi3Z85lOJOZzuM0TLJ4ILP7HPG3VBwNtrxEl6jUe_iYvncaRiaRE2n8J9SBU7IPEk8_VNcnjZmQ=w487-h648-no

When the booths opened I went to complete my Colorful Cuisine Challenge. I just needed to get the Pan-Seared Scallop and the Panna Cotta....so here goes:

Seared Scallop: This was good but Steve ate most of it.

ACtC-3cODedKNVgq6mWeViSep056Uwui1eVIoh7FUIKGdWusDegVmhLY-erkTWBojbiwNEIybUROTJ1jliDLk0Rt6zXCKUxxr0Hn6TG1q7sq9eSLIM42paIx0lDY_Y61TT4Axqj_uRARczmKXemtv17qU2L_dQ=w439-h585-no

And the Vanilla, Rose, and Pistachio Panna Cotta: This was actually quite good and it was so pretty to look at too!

ACtC-3egkNoHmc7DMT7nCaJz4sglxD-JgXpm_YjbhmBAUrMDi2PRll-BcEEASJ70ZSCbJIJMjh22yQSUyXGAICzyQNTng_mvQOc37mKfdgDxSUKqTbyZQTDb2AfpenmS1ckgUpt-Sv77REJevl2e4iTO5rLp8w=w439-h585-no

We even took it for a photoshoot!

ACtC-3deL1kJGE1cJMkSkSCoBQ0uvVxli-qEZO8LptsYy5Sbm3mm1acq48zqt5oyFIygsimmzQ76gtfUJclG0Hq2udPLR1A2BnmTD23W0UPbLE7BIc_KYm0sHWDkGIoRzdRKoGwHMMHj745bseWMYzypK3Lhyg=w946-h630-no

ACtC-3fkCS9pJ0SNYXqHAylAMSo6qYkCdC6ctqDLE-kmFUy0mHISNpArV0o82pg-oX0ogXQozdv5JxMaDFE0PVLxbVg8vKAjEtfAZH1oHucGrXUZEezILbw8fqOsERRp45L1mk19f8G6UApc-xszCNdn1hQLeQ=w946-h630-no

We knew we were going to go to DHS later as we had FP there and we thought to make a late lunch reservation and I found a same-day ADR at 50's Prime Time! We asked @Mollydolly334 if she wanted to join us before she had to fly home and of course she said YES! :flower3:

I went to collect my complimentary treat for completing the challenge. And here's the treat:

ACtC-3f7Kr9wQ6TGyiZMoGJRpewB6WIs4OKB_JOZ1Nu2dZtVDHZXnV9ZU3vHviY2kPdLwnG06jcXXNEXGXUwZmlTjoxq95ZI0pPhqfOLs7hJ8ZeITYImU07lVARmK3VSRXXAxuImXbZLSa09kJ35gRfW72LtBA=w441-h587-no
ACtC-3d6HNPQ73DoFinPHAei4XLT-RO1W42P6zLg_jG2rywEFCqGQl4giL6rV6s1Oqqb73g3qqOl4tNma8H-KslzBmoYosqKxzpD4TReJwxQCo6yuUvZDbO2PJCC-UVAUWIjfZQN6Z2Njl9Ki38SfdipdWPisQ=w438-h583-no

It was a glass of strawberry milk and a palette shaped cookie with color icing! It was super adorable. I didn't eat the cookie right away and saved it when we got home. The strawberry milk was good just a little sweet but it was fun to drink strawberry milk again, I think the last time I had this I was like, 10? :laughing:

ACtC-3d6tXOdfMxxp4dtSPXvhFBZAo9QL5MJsaqvCZn8H4HGsGo-lruoXKG5KMnQ4qfXZYRi6b7uolQ0H9UduBUAQ2foMD8lY8VrxQou0s1SS7hrNYqtEFEpwUc9ghwDQCjJjU_KkxF8l3VeuEU17ngMJHke0A=w441-h587-no

Molly also told me about how much she loved this homemade pop-tart so I got one, I really enjoyed the filling and the cookie part but didn't need all that icing! I guess I had my dessert before our lunch at 50's Prime Time!

ACtC-3dXoFZ_45O6x-DkzM_oV2l_vjDoaOOMILTwUaCHeJ29ITsOmpfYE2q3zqXntnTLPZVEOFw9sClQj838WMESnaw-E7EKlPloDeJJb6k6hHT1jAWRtGTVBTs56RUrja91tqMrWDlGZl5GHjo3h73MGXF_Fg=w441-h587-no

To combat the sweetness I needed something savory but didnt' want to eat anything big to ruin my appetite (not like I haven't already that morning, LOL). So I got the Bloody Mary in a souvenir cup also from Pop Eats. It was in this cute plastic cup that looks like a "can." It was yummy although quite spicy but it was the perfect amount of zest for me. I ate it like a soup because it had micro greens and croutons so it was hard to just drink, LOL. I guess it was more like a gazpacho then!

ACtC-3eeKwlZBpGNF0lXEZYHYAbOV-FxI8acn4xO16TM1OHKVr3QjpIN4Zr1L7ZCy5QFJmsiSksMREQICqTdJDQdLpWS61wROT71Zeobjxymw0M3hpLDq7ZMvb84XCFxeLYnLqVHJnTGv-36dmHNgaDolunuVw=w441-h587-no
ACtC-3duCWKmUXShikBVwUVESuaP1e86GvrgLp6fwLYvEh6jVT8ZNyr8hdfQivB9BBvyRzQxAx6nd_C-48SIAgPh5WrDnZ4cjY2merq2yoEU8OYOitD1xHf0jifAzMUEv1F0MaZCE5xKvhpZZ-fTCabmfHoD3A=w441-h587-no

We left Epcot and headed on the skyliner to DHS. It was super quick and we got our own skyliner car on each leg.

ACtC-3d9N5dAPnGi_t0fwSKQ38oKp_zqvrBoZDB4sHhgVgfcVQciNeO1t8Si5O25wpICdXG4cRJC_YZ_0ptCU8JyQlETjblP5tKPmbasgcfY_jFTERw0NC40fGEjTYAF5eB5lO3asNt_kgu6woKVLpNYovNs5A=w441-h587-no

Meanwhile, we had constantly been checking the progress on the boarding groups all day and the ride went down. It was stuck at like group 21 for a long time. We thought there was no way it could reach up to 98, not with the ride being down that long! But we wanted to confirm this was indeed the case so we went to guest services as soon as we reached DHS.

At GS we were helped by a really sweet really sympathetic CM. We told her we didn't know what to do since we had Moonlight Magic that night at AK and we didn't even know if Steve would get on a group since the ride had been down for a long time. She took at look at Steve's BG number and said, oh for sure you're a backup group so you'll probably get a notification that night to return the next day with a FP. She even wrote up a little reminder in her notes to give me a FP too so that I could ride with Steve the next day. That seemed fair so we continued on.

We did our Star Tours FP then we met up with Molly and we did a few rides together. I taught Molly a few tricks on TSMM!

ACtC-3eAsH58Hf6nDE3hCMcm-PbQG50Okc3_PYAaghp06IwTymXhgLDXfe9KOjootep37EH53THclBdAwHZUcN9REcOVy5JCijbfNegFEBcESbsl7TPSovyrfH9r0l67UCPp9A2wfrz2Y_OFZ3CF37FiR3mYOg=w441-h587-no

And we rode Slinky Dog! Love this ride!!

ACtC-3evv-DMsWuh7ZO06GSOsKBpE8R84tJrExC0E4_ENl7kZIhWTFHtX0HzOPUol-yLUSlA6ZdGeJB7_9YPvNDLuFvlB2egLG8HT5eCiLc64pvQXfvPSNSQjRwmWJ0_YJ56SrdVzNA4-irLoF__ufEJVIiI-A=w441-h587-no

Finally it was time for our late lunch! Our server made Steve set the table. He's usually just an "I'll grab a fork for myself" so thank you 50's PT for whipping Steve into shape.

ACtC-3c-Eq3HMJzTAj0bdzzxmr840wmm6PSWvL3BxF28dgLzNjIKy2z8V_vLc1IZAvHW5-Z6KkGHT65L1lXC-fplVB5lhvK1cVSwlFeFZ36U29fVaRBl0a6LS4AITbm7xfE7JiREiQwJvDILkUGAMWU00NOVag=w441-h587-no

We started with some onion rings. They were really good, but got a little greasy towards the bottom, then again, it IS deep fried.

ACtC-3evGvJoPpEY8qZM-MLuDPah2x9Q_KfoCtjNN1TC_-SscqEDAZy29ezOVpM7G1PUAMQyzyIFZ8du2J0301_8aVmjW4lnmHHQtSZoAD4747GX8BjU3VGghty-iTsUy_mmgwragS3AQnSzMBOvm9hM_13r6w=w441-h587-no

I always get the sampler and it always hits the spot! It's good when you can't decide or just like a variety of stuff, like me!

ACtC-3dDZbFuUOgcAGkX8j_Mv91LtjLK1LSgBjFvdaEGZRpcb7X-L_lXk0XMfrtNCe-edyIBj8dqEQHNlZd_fEZyx1zrBmrgsvrs0zBr0j0YGmv-g2QsGBc9eA3PFYlP-V8_-4rBY3rC8CoXXCdRK48NMcJRIA=w783-h587-no

Steve when with the blue plate special which was a turkey dinner, and Molly had pork chops (not pictured).

ACtC-3dPhcxUi_pAZ9SgbfM6PtjdnrfayOvA_wgbbtXA1ZV1-3a3ilno73eCbTZ5oDEM-SJFwN7FcoV9b4E6e51qoLCRRUZuqGKu9Dey4tS9iqpRLdPw54NvlTCoh6d9TW_PfCRJ779-qMhfsGok0bRK9Ul3ow=w783-h587-no

50's PT is always a good spot when you're hungry and don't want anymore quick service but didn't remember to make ADRs! I've always been able to find an ADR here even last minute and I always finish my entire plate, yes even the veggies :)

Sadly after lunch we had to say bye to our third musketeer, Molly, who was heading out that evening. She is so sweet and even gave us a handwritten postcard as we said goodbye. :hug:Thanks Molly for hanging out with old farts like us!! Can't wait to do it again someday!

ACtC-3f7sQ4ijy-D0OJ9Lem5SczhKCVq8EjzOea48eKssr-uCv4CGdEfkAUexVelMzPJtV3kk-REssYV3v10TwNR2sv8aJfspfyJDlJzyPvIIrXGHvMXekUZTRNQYpEwLltGz2T04w_6YQkzTuYhHNer1p_YoA=w783-h587-no

We headed out of the park as well but not before I purchased one of these as my sole souvenir of the trip:

ACtC-3dgW85s9WVoV92od_cqBu5500k3pkfNmlkDliSvaEolINGJv6UUP_PRF5f6L7qpFkCWsXC0LtxQFyEYl7ACkVh27sSH6zAUwnBcauzcqvJXSBySN2y0ymsRFoeBFyNcyhumN_lWQvvqpD4UU0NlCPmlyA=w441-h587-no

The Millenium Falcon Popcorn bucket!! I love it!

We even managed to see a PP photographer in front of Sci Fi which I haven't seen before. This is our first car photo!

ACtC-3fYMKOScYWtSXqjWTKRPoHh42OIKMMghLKzgi8QG0HqgwUTEt0VbqGiIkrpo6XBjxXgWEGsxhT2yZgfDQTH7PxpP3qXTHAq5FYMJRypm_dYo8DMt4gcyEuXZYS628k9thPsBzOYW_2HS3jji__qKtjm3g=w881-h587-no

We headed back to the room on the Skyliner. Love how easy it is! Then we checked the app and realized that they were already at like BG 65!! What!! It literally went up 40 BGs in like 2.5 hours. I guess they were just herding people on!!!
Will Steve even get to ride it? It was almost time for us to head to Moonlight Magic!

:scared::scared::scared:

Continued in Next Post...

It took me about 2 hours but finally got through and made reservations until the end of the year until my newly-extended AP expires. But I have to change some DVC dates around a bit but now the DVC site is down. Gotta love Disney IT. :badpc:
You're not alone. Been reading other's reports of the same or similar issues.
He's learning guys, a few years ago he'd be asking me
"What time is dinner?" "What time is our FP? "When are we leaving?"
:laughing: He's spreading his wings!
He wen through the motions of ubering over going through turnstiles and ended up with BG 98.
Yikes! But at least he got a number.
We shared the Croque Madame and it was really tasty with good crispy bacon!
I looked at that for quite a while. Then went to Google it. I never realized the difference was the egg on top!
Bit windy that day? :)
I have always loved these rectangular bushes. They are just so cool.
I've never noticed those! Yes! They are!
Also painting by numbers is awesome.
:)
Seared Scallop: This was good but Steve ate most of it.
Pretty presentation. But...
And the Vanilla, Rose, and Pistachio Panna Cotta: This was actually quite good and it was so pretty to look at too!
...not as pretty as that!
We even took it for a photoshoot!
:laughing:
Is Steve a little gassy?
I found a same-day ADR at 50's Prime Time!
Really!
It was a glass of strawberry milk and a palette shaped cookie with color icing!
That looks good!
The strawberry milk was good just a little sweet but it was fun to drink strawberry milk again, I think the last time I had this I was like, 10? :laughing:
:laughing: I had some... oh... maybe a year or two ago. But you're right... It's a rare treat! (Too sweet for me too.)
didnt' want to eat anything big to ruin my appetite (not like I haven't already that morning, LOL).
:laughing:
She even wrote up a little reminder in her notes to give me a FP too so that I could ride with Steve the next day.
Nice of her. :)
I taught Molly a few tricks on TSMM!
Teach me your ways, master!
Cute shot of you two. :)
Our server made Steve set the table. He's usually just an "I'll grab a fork for myself" so thank you 50's PT for whipping Steve into shape.
:lmao:
We started with some onion rings. They were really good, but got a little greasy towards the bottom, then again, it IS deep fried.
Looooove 50s Onion Rings!
Steve when with the blue plate special which was a turkey dinner,
Wow! I almost always go for the fried chicken... hmmm... maybe I always go for the chicken. But that'd be a tough one to say no to.
I've always been able to find an ADR here even last minute
I'm really surprised at that. I've always thought 50s was one of the harder restaurants to get in to.
I always finish my entire plate, yes even the veggies :)
:goodvibes
That's cool! But... where does the popcorn go? :confused3

Ooooo that special treat of yours is making me wish I had put more effort into the food offerings during FoTA. The Panna Cotta and that little extra gift of the cookie look so so good. Also, I really should've tried that Bloody Mary since my first Blood Mary ever at Universal's Mardi Gras was way too salty. I would've much rather had one with a little kick to it.

I agree about Paint by Numbers, it is so simple and quick an experience but so so fan.

I'm really hoping y'all made it onto Rise again before MM. Fingers big crossed.

Love the prize for finishing up the palette challenge! Rob would be ecstatic over the strawberry milk. It was his favorite growing up, and he is always trying to convince Jimmy and I to drink it. Nope. We're chocolate Nesquik all the way!!

Primetime is one of our favs, too! I love going there with Jimmy because he gets the giggles over all the shenanigans going on at everyone's tables, and likes to bust his Daddy for checking his phone or putting his elbows on the table. Super fun that Molly was able to join you before heading home, too!

Interested to see if Steve's BG gets called and to hear all about Moonlight Magic at AK!

That cookie is adorable! This is the first I've seen of it.

I haven't ridden the skyliner yet, but it appears to be a welcome addition to Disney transportation.

Congrats on your first car photo! It came out really cute!

Those popcorn buckets could become an addiction.

Hoping Steve made it on!! That was such an amazing ride, I do hope to do it again multiple times and really take it all in, once just is not enough!

Hope everyone who was planning (groaning) on the Park Pass System for WDW this morning got what they wanted! It took me about 2 hours but finally got through and made reservations until the end of the year until my newly-extended AP expires. But I have to change some DVC dates around a bit but now the DVC site is down. Gotta love Disney IT. :badpc:

I can't believe they released dates all the way to September 2021. That means I need to start figuring out which parks I want to go to 15 months in advance. I just set my actual dates a couple weeks ago!

Since Steve didn't go to After Hours, he had a solo evening and went to the Riviera Resort for dinner and had his new favorite salad, the tuna nicoise, and went back to the room and chilled.

I'm glad he is happy with this salad. I kinda went on a bit of a salad rant on one of my last posts of my TR.

We then decided we should try breakfast at the Riviera at Primo Piatti. He asked if I wanted to join him and since we were heading to Epcot anyways, I got ready and headed out and met him at the resort. We shared the Croque Madame and it was really tasty with good crispy bacon!

Hmmmm.....that looks.....interesting. I thought it was "Egg in the Hole" when I looked at the picture.

It was located near the new Mousegears location over by Innoventions...west? East or west I can't remember because I'm directionaly challenged. :laughing:

I don't know either, but it was near Mission Space! :laughing:

The strawberry milk was good just a little sweet but it was fun to drink strawberry milk again, I think the last time I had this I was like, 10? :laughing:

I'd never even heard of strawberry milk until Fran had a dental procedure and was on a liquid diet. She said that she has loved it since she was a kid. I bought her a couple bottles as well as chocolate milk, so she could have "dessert".

At GS we were helped by a really sweet really sympathetic CM. We told her we didn't know what to do since we had Moonlight Magic that night at AK and we didn't even know if Steve would get on a group since the ride had been down for a long time. She took at look at Steve's BG number and said, oh for sure you're a backup group so you'll probably get a notification that night to return the next day with a FP. She even wrote up a little reminder in her notes to give me a FP too so that I could ride with Steve the next day. That seemed fair so we continued on.

Wow! That was really generous of her!

I love their onion rings!

50's PT is always a good spot when you're hungry and don't want anymore quick service but didn't remember to make ADRs! I've always been able to find an ADR here even last minute and I always finish my entire plate, yes even the veggies :)

I don't know how you can eat so much! Fran and I can split an entree and finish it, but I can never finish an entree myself, almost everywhere!

Huh. I'll have to try that....

At DL they called it a "French Fry" bucket! :laughing:

Hey Su-Lynn, keeping my comments brief this time around as my weekend winds down. Fun update as Prime Time is never hard on the eyes. Some comfort food wouldn't be a bad thing right now. ::yes:: I so miss EPCOT.... who knows when I'll ever get to go back there and enjoy.

After Hours at MK sounded great. You were able to ride so many things!!

The food challenge you completed at EPCOT looked great. I love a good incentive for being successful, especially if its a cookie:D

He wen through the motions of ubering over going through turnstiles and ended up with BG 98.

Aw, boo. I kind of hated the way they turned the BG process into a lottery. Of course, who knows how it will be going forward?!

It was a glass of strawberry milk and a palette shaped cookie with color icing!

Yum, strawberry Quik! Allie used to ask me for her “pink milk” when she was little :goodvibes

She even wrote up a little reminder in her notes to give me a FP too so that I could ride with Steve the next day. That seemed fair so we continued on.
Wow, that was really nice! And you got to stay in bed!

Sadly after lunch we had to say bye to our third musketeer, Molly,

Aw, bye Molly! :wave2:

Late to the party, but I've been reading ALL your reports this week. They've really cheered me up, because this week has been HARD for me.

All your cute snacks make me want to go to FArts! My last trip to WDW we only did MK and DHS since we were short on time, but now I'm wishing we did Epcot too while we were there... would have been fun to see another festival, as I've only ever been to the Holiday one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter