READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm whether the outside the park guest relations and/or ticket booths are open before 7? Arriving to Kidani around midnight Friday, hoping to try for RotR Saturday morning (1/25), but will need to get new DVC APs activated.

* announcement comes, I ignore and at 7am, we get to work, I’m toggling and my husband for the circle, he didn’t go back but closed the app completely and relaunched!
* He got in immediately- BG 10!!!!
Great advice to ignore announcement. Unfortunately, I waited until the announcement was over to search for BG and people were already shouting out their numbers. (I still got 72)
I knew to watch the time but became distracted. The clock hit 7:00 before the announcement was over on my day.

Multi-task. Listen to announcement but keep your eye on the time. (I know! I let the announcement mesmerize me. 😆)

Last edited:
* announcement comes, I ignore and at 7am, we get to work,
When people say, “the announcement came at 7”, what are they talking about? Meaning at HS, there is an audible announcement that the park is open, etc?
It’s an audible announcement throughout the park.

So, this audible announcement...what does it say? I assume a welcome and saying how to get a boarding group? PP had said they ignored the announcement. Did they ignore the instructions in the announcement? Or is it more that the announcement comes on at 7 and some people listen to the announcement and waste valuable seconds while the announcement begins at ACTUAL BG open time? Just wanting to see how the announcement plays into preparation for securing BG on the app. Thanks

And what happens if the 9 a.m. openings in February stick???

Really worried about this. We will be there for just a 1 day visit on Feb 3rd - this is just the 2nd day that is currently scheduled to open at 9AM. It's going to be nuts with an opening that late.

Still holding out hope the opening time gets moved up at least to 8AM.

If we miss out it won't be a big deal since we are coming back in October for 9 days :)

88 - wow. That’s the lowest regular BG to date.

Explains one reason the filled so quickly, in addition to the holiday.

Things that make you go hmmmm....

That is low - wonder if it means they expect some down time today or if they just know still recovery FPs?

On the positive sign, as long as it has a decent operational day they should get well into the backup Bags which is good for those right there at opening but disappointed they only got a BG

So, this audible announcement...what does it say? I assume a welcome and saying how to get a boarding group? PP had said they ignored the announcement. Did they ignore the instructions in the announcement? Or is it more that the announcement comes on at 7 and some people listen to the announcement and waste valuable seconds while the announcement begins at ACTUAL BG open time? Just wanting to see how the announcement plays into preparation for securing BG on the app. Thanks

No clue what it said either, was too busy focused on the moment. Frankly I was more watching the clock than waiting for an announcement. I had more trust in the electronic element of time vs the human dependent timing of the announcement.

9:22 AM and they’re calling groups 11-42. Having 32 active groups is unusual too. That could suggest that there have been fewer people in each group.

The way things have gone I really couldn’t blame them for cutting down on the number of “guaranteed” riders to lower expectations and reduce the number of compensatory tickets and FPs they give out.

At this rate they could be getting to the first backups by early afternoon.

That is low - wonder if it means they expect some down time today or if they just know still recovery FPs?
Maybe they’re trying to move away from ‘regular’ BG and guaranteeing that people will get to ride.

Seems unusual that today’s BGs were filled so quickly while the back ups were available for a pretty long time.

I wonder if they started (or will start) putting fewer people in the regulars BGs so most people get back ups with no guarantee (no promise of park tickets and people asking for GCs, etc.) .

9:22 AM and they’re calling groups 11-42. Having 32 active groups is unusual too. That could suggest that there have been fewer people in each group.

The way things have gone I really couldn’t blame them for cutting down on the number of “guaranteed” riders to lower expectations and reduce the number of compensatory tickets and FPs they give out.

At this rate they could be getting to the first backups by early afternoon.
I just posted basically the same thing! We must have been typing at the same time. Lol

I think we may be on to something ...;)

I’ll be visiting in about 5 weeks, been keeping up to date on the ROTR bg process, but what about MFSR what’s everybody doing for that? Rope drop better or later in the day better? Just want to maximize our time

I’ll be visiting in about 5 weeks, been keeping up to date on the ROTR bg process, but what about MFSR what’s everybody doing for that? Rope drop better or later in the day better? Just want to maximize our time
After you get your BG at opening, hustle you bottom off over to SR and get in line. We were there Dec 20th and didn't have a plan with a party of 8 and there was no hustling. So SR line was over an hour before we got there. We then still stalled around, went to potty, chatted and decided to try Slinky Dog instead. App said like 30 minute wait but bumped up to like an hour when we got in line. Sometime SR does lessen later in the morning when all the tired folks leave. You could also watch the app for a few days leading up to trip and write down wait times from like opening and for a couple hours after. Then see what the best is.

Seems like either get there 90+ minutes early to be at from of "rope drop" crowd to ride first thing or best bet is at/near park closing

Seems waits build really fast for many attractions as so many people are there early to get RotR BGs

Backups are now gone and start at 88.

88? That seems particularly low for backup groups (and explains why we were into them in 1 minute). We’ll probably find out soon if they know something we don’t yet about expected ride capacity today.

88? That seems particularly low for backup groups (and explains why we were into them in 1 minute). We’ll probably find out soon if they know something we don’t yet about expected ride capacity today.

It might be a result of some of the problems that happened at DL yesterday and maybe they're adjusting at both parks as a result?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter