READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we did not ride. We had park hoppers and because how much the ride was closed up and through our boarding pass was called (group 30) we went to Magic Kingdom (which had their own ride issues). I did ask when we got our recovery pass if we could use it tomorrow when we were planing on coming back and they said we could.
Take a screen shot of your recovery fast pass just in case. And don’t hesitate to follow up on the single day ticket at guest relations tomorrow. It’s a lot harder for guest relations to say no face to face than it is to tell the concierge over the phone. Good luck!!

Sorry to repeat something likely asked — is it best to not even try to get your group together on the APP until right at opening? Meaning, does doing it one minute early then bog you down because the system will not accommodate and they you have to back out and back in? Also, best to have just one person in your party try, or all go at it to see who gets “in” first?

Sorry to repeat something likely asked — is it best to not even try to get your group together on the APP until right at opening? Meaning, does doing it one minute early then bog you down because the system will not accommodate and they you have to back out and back in? Also, best to have just one person in your party try, or all go at it to see who gets “in” first?

You can't get your group together in the app until the "join group" option lights up.

They *could* autocomp with a RotR-inclusive anyride FP with a note that says to see GR if this is not helpful. GR could then see if the comp is a Code 1 or Code 2 comp (I just invented those terms right now). If a code 1 comp, then the comp was given to allow a free park ticket if needed. If code 2 comp, then the issue really doesn't warrant anything requiring a comp ticket. Current issues w RotR would be Code 1 comps. Other issues, not really - other delays, probs, etc. - would be Code 2.

Again, the Code 1 would allow for GR to give a free ticket if needed in order to experience the FP. Most people would just be fine with using the FP (they would not know what code 1 or Code 2 means, but if they aren't coming back, the note to see GR for any problems would allow for THOSE people to think to see GR, whereas the majority of everyone else would see their FP and use it accordingly some other time. If it doesn't work for you, go see GR and they make it work for you. The code would tell GR what the potential "upgrades" could be (upgrade 1-day Tix to hopper for a day or two, issue a comp ticket, etc).
What you're missing is that a 1-day 1-park comp ticket is just not that big of a deal from the company's perspective. Why get GR involved, when it can all be handled by the software, and make more Guests happy to boot?

Take a screen shot of your recovery fast pass just in case. And don’t hesitate to follow up on the single day ticket at guest relations tomorrow. It’s a lot harder for guest relations to say no face to face than it is to tell the concierge over the phone. Good luck!!

It sounds like they don’t really need the single day ticket though. I am not sure I would put much effort into if I already had hoppers or an AP for the next day.

You may want to verify that the ticket booth will be open. When I was there last week, I do not recall the ticket booths opening prior to 7am. You would then have to wait until 7 to exchange the tickets which means that you will miss your chance at a boarding group. If you can, I would try to get your plastic tickets at Disney Springs the day before.

Oh man! This just gave me SO much anxiety.
Maybe I'll try customer service in the next few days to see if I can get to the bottom of all of this.
I'd have to imagine that they'd open some ticket windows before 7am. I mean, I cannot be the only person in the world with a 1park/1day ticket right?! Ha ha.

Oh man! This just gave me SO much anxiety.
Maybe I'll try customer service in the next few days to see if I can get to the bottom of all of this.
I'd have to imagine that they'd open some ticket windows before 7am. I mean, I cannot be the only person in the world with a 1park/1day ticket right?! Ha ha.

Do you have time to go to a ticket booth the night before? Like at Disney Springs?

Thank you so much for your reply. Super helpful. I'm a bit confused about this though. Your comment regarding the laptop seems to indicate I can do all of this before arriving at the park.
When I go to MDE - My Plans I see my party's FP reservation but nothing else.
When I go to tickets and passes I see the names of everyone in my party with their 1day/1park ticket. If I press the plus icon, there is a section to link tickets- however I have nothing to link at this time. I only have a confirmation email from my purchase with a barcode on it.
So my understanding is that I must take this barcode to ticketing to get our actual hard tickets (the plastic cards) and the number/barcode/QR/whatever will be on that card. Then I'll open the app, use the link tickets function and link each plastic card ticket to each member of my party in the app. Yes?
Or is there an easier way??? (Not purchasing magic bands)
(My apologies if there is a better place to find this answer. New to this board and not a regular at Disney!)

So you need to erase some of what you wrote above from your brain as you have some things turned around. It’s OK, this stuff can be tricky for those who don’t go often.

Since you have your tickets already purchased and assigned to the right individuals, all you need is a plastic hard card. You can stop by Guest Relations outside the park (the most popular recommendation around here) or a ticket booth that morning - they will scan your e-mail bar code and give you plastic hard card tickets.

Alternatively, CMs at the tapstyles can scan your e-mail bar code / give you your hard card tickets right there. They all have scanners and hard tickets on them and it’s a relatively quick scan your code/program the cards routine.

However you get your hard card, those cards will be “linked” and ready to go with nothing else to do - you just then need to enter the park and wait for park opening to join a Boarding Group with your phone.

You should bring your ID and ideally the credit card used to purchase the tickets just in case that morning.

Hope that helps.

This is not true. Magic bands do not have GPS trackers, the second version does have a short range RFID(used for ride photos) which is not the same as GPS. There is no way Disney knows when you exit a park as you don’t scan out. This is why they have CMs using handheld “click” counters at exits to be able to calculate attendance each hour.

secondly, there are several reports of people who have exited the park and then joined a BG while back on the bus, hotel room, etc.
Disney app can locate your location. That was evidently used the first day when being near security but not tapped in was close enough.

Wow, definitely earlier than past few days. Do we know what # backup groups started with? Wondering if given yesterday's issues they didn't give out many regular BGs

On the plus side the app tells me they are boarding group 7 now so guess ride is open!

It's MLK weekend, parks are gonna be packed across the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter