READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otherwise why are people going to the park at 5am? for a 7am opening? Maybe I am misunderstanding the procedure.

I haven't been reading that. I have been reading 15-20 minutes from arrival to tapped in. I don't go until April so I will be interested in the President's week experiences, but still, nothing about 2 hours before park opening.

If I arrive at DHS 10 minutes before park opening, I would have thought I would be a long way back from the tapstiles? Am I missing something? Otherwise why are people going to the park at 5am? for a 7am opening? Maybe I am misunderstanding the procedure.
People going that early are aiming to be at the front of the line for SDD or MFSR or another ride.

I’m taking anyone off my list that isn’t in our group the days we go. I’d do the same thing! I’ve done it more times than I can count making FP’s.
Yup, me too! When practicing I was worried I'd mess up so I removed everyone not traveling with us ahead of time except my DS who I "control" on MDE anyway. I think it made a big difference. DD and other DD easily got us BGs the two days we tried.

This may or may not have been mentioned, but chatting with a CM on Sunset Blvd at rope drop the other morning, she suggested not to open the app until after scanning into the park. She said that sometimes the system doesn't recognize a person as being in the park until 5-6 minutes later if they arrive and already have the app open.

Worked for us both days we tried this week. Wanted to do a third, but it didn't work out (too tired!) We did end our trip tonight at DHS and GE instead of our planned evening at Epcot. GE and the cast members are so amazing.

When we left DHS they were calling groups 145 or 146 at around 7:30ish. Looks like it was a good day! :)

Last edited:

“ I feel like a failure. I deselected people I meant to select”....that’s exactly why I’m taking anyone off my list that isn’t in our group the days we go. I’d do the same thing! I’ve done it more times than I can count making FP’s.
I did the same thing before arriving at the park. I practiced from home, and saw my dad still linked to MDE, even though he wasn't coming. So I deleted him altogether. So when the time came, I was able to hit"select all", and join very fast.

It also seems like a slower day based on wait times

Definitely a huge difference from Sat/Sun. Plenty of room to walk around GE and no line for the Den of Antiquities (which was a huge line on the weekend). We arrived mid-afternoon and didn't see MFSR any higher than 45 and I think it was 30 when we left at 7:30. Star Tours was a walk on around 5 pm, Slinky Dog I think was around an hour and ToT was 20 minutes, but looked less at 4:30.

If I arrive at DHS 10 minutes before park opening, I would have thought I would be a long way back from the tapstiles? Am I missing something? Otherwise why are people going to the park at 5am? for a 7am opening? Maybe I am misunderstanding the procedure.
There is no Rise of The Resistance related reason to arrive 2 hours early.

They open the park much earlier than the announced opening time but the only things to do are get coffee and shop. At the official park open they release the boarding groups. Everyone who made it in to the park gets the same chance. Everyone who is at security 30 minutes before park open will have no problem getting into the park in time.

If you’re driving try to park 45 minutes early. If you’re taking the bus from a resort try to be at your bus stop an hour and 5 minutes before rope drop. If you’re taking the Skyliner or a Lyft or an Uber try to aim to get to DHS 30 minutes before park open.

Maybe it's coming from the world of SDCC, but I love a system that rewards making an effort. The info is online and free, you just have to decide it's worth your time. Some people are fine just showing up, but not me.

What is SDCC?

I see a lot of talk about people deleting folks from MDE. My grown kids are still linked to my account. They've never had their own accounts. They usually only go to Disney with me but I don't know if that will change. What does removing them do? What if I want to add them back in later? It's really not a big deal for me to find who I need, I've practiced at home.

I see a lot of talk about people deleting folks from MDE. My grown kids are still linked to my account. They've never had their own accounts. They usually only go to Disney with me but I don't know if that will change. What does removing them do? What if I want to add them back in later? It's really not a big deal for me to find who I need, I've practiced at home.

I'm not sure that everyone you are friends with shows up as a fast pass (or BG option). Thought it may only show people you have plans with, but going to check that today.

I created another MDE account with another e-mail (a gmail alias) and only friended the people that I want to show up for the RotR BG. That way I only have to subtract the fake profile I used to create the account when selecting my BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter