Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if they released groups at different times instead of all at once. One at park opening. One at like 12 and another at 4?
Nope. I only want to go through that once. I don’t want to schedule my rides around BG drops. This trip we aren’t even doing dining reservations other than one for classic afternoon tea, because those get in the way and effect Maxpass choices.

Thanks to this thread we got a boarding group this morning! Being prepared and informed made the situation much less hectic than I had anticipated, so many MANY thanks to all.

-Left Tropicana at 8:28
-Security screen at 8:34
-Headed for the (short) non-MM/EMH lines to the right, scanned in at 8:40
-originally camped out to the right of the train station steps with great Speedtest results, but as more people entered the park we saw speeds get slower and slower (from 37mbps down/21 up to 14down/4up). Rebooting phone/closing apps didn’t improve performance.
-At 8:50 we made the decision to leave the park and find a place on the esplanade.
-Opened Disneyland app and then Atomic Clock app at 8:55
-At 8:59:59 exactly switched from clock app to Disneyland home screen, clicked “Find out more” and got BG 27! I was on TMobile with an iPhone XR. Husband’s boarding group button never turned red - he was on Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. Now camped out in Starbucks with Americanos and egg bites — per the app the ride still hasn’t started boarding yet at 9:31am.

Awesome thanks! DD has the same phone, were you on Disney WiFi?

Since DLR is considered such a locals’ park, I wonder how long locals are going to tolerate not riding this ride if you aren’t there at RD? I envisioned locals dropping by after work for a few hours, and that would definitely not let them ride ROTR under the current system. I wonder if they will eventually use BGs like a sort of rolling time FP, and also allow a SB line for those who didn’t get a BG at RD or those that show up after RD and want to ride it. This would possibly keep people from lining up at the gates at 3am to try to be at the front of a SB line since all early birds would be able to (hopefully when things die down) get a BG without arriving super early. Then those that arrive later could do SB. But BG line would get priority over SB line like the currently do with FP and SB lines. Just a thought...

Yep, feels like something yesterday was a fluke. I wonder if they had a lot of upset people having issues so many backup BGs and barely getting to any of them.

If you are given a back up and don't get to ride then you have no reason to be upset IMO. That's why it's a back up.

Very interesting. Got busy at work and did not go into the app until 9:04 and the Join Boarding group button was already grayed out for me. Sure looked like they were all gone before that time to me and for many others on the thread too.

Maybe they were talking about disneyworld? I could see them running out by 9:07 am eastern. Anyone else able to see a red join button after 9:01?

40 inches tall at 2.5 years old?? That is one massive 2 year old.
She is big, she just turned 9 last week. She wears a women's small (or a 14 slim) and a size 8 women's shoe, na dis 5' tall. She passed the 52" mark to ride solo on Autopia before she was 7, but even now, we have her ride with an adult still. She does do single rider (that was her birthday wish when she was 7) and has no fears still.

It varies day to day. But usually the backups last for at least 10-20 minutes and up to 2 hours. They are also giving out more groups here a day on average including the backups. With no downtime on a 7am-8/9pm day they can get through 150/160 groups.
Amazing! I hope Disneyland can accomplish this in one month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter