Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starbucks and Jolly Holiday. Lines were HORRENDOUS. People near us at opening showed up to join their group at 7:45 and said they’d waited over 90 minutes for Starbucks - could be a bit of an exaggeration, but it’s feasible given how the line looked!

ETA: Oh, and Emporium.
Mobile Ordering is your friend -- Jolly Holiday -- refreshment corner

I agree. The parks were dead today, considering. I think Disney is shooting themselves in the foot with the Boarding Group nonsense. Word will get out and people won't even bother coming if they can't be there at opening.

If they want crowds, they need to use a standard standby line. People need to know that if they WANT to wait in a line, they have that option. The local AP population doesn't support needing to be in the park at opening time to even have a chance. It's unsustainable. Too many people arrive later in the day. The demographic here isn't like WDW and should not try to operate the same way.

This is a repeat of the opening day GE hype. The first day brought the early birds and then that was it. I was on a FB group that was spewing the same nonsense about how today was going to be a "zoo" and so many people stayed away, but I had a feeling it was going to be kinda dead, because of this boarding group garbage.

My son and I had a very enjoyable day in a mostly empty park. Didn't want to try and ride RotR and didn't even arrive until 8:40.

I get your point and you might end up being right IRT the demographics vs. WDW. Just wanted to say though, that before RotR, the WDW crowds also for the most part did not show bright and early despite all the advantages morning touring brings. RotR brings out hoards of people that 7 AM rope drops at WDW didn't otherwise see.

Being on vacation vs. living your daily life does give a sense of freedom to get up and get somewhere at 5-6 AM if that's what you want to do so again I definitely see your point about less early morning guests at DLR, but at least at WDW, RotR has re-written the rules.

They need to be consistent. 3 hours for some, 1 hour for others a few hours later? Messy.
It might have to do with how full the line is and how full they want it to be. If you only get an hour, people will rush over pretty quick. If you have three hours, the same number of people may arrive more spread out.

It would probably break my brain, but I’d love to see the algorithms behind all of this.

I was noticing that too. If it’s not down, could they have possibly run through all the boarding groups? If there were a lot left, I don’t know what would be the point of keeping people away to clear the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!