Rise of the resistance boarding pass

robl45

DIS Veteran
how far in advance of parking opening do we need to be there to get a rise of the resistance boarding pass? I'm going June 2020, trying to map things out and figure out dining reservations. I saw one site that said 2 hours before, but i'm guessing hoping that is not the case by June.

Yes I'm just trying to plan the schedule now and it's hard without knowing if I have to go to the park 2 hours early

I get that, but it's impossible to say right now how things will be in February, let alone June. No one even knew they were doing a virtual queue until 3am the day the ride opened, and the particulars have changed a lot. The best you could do is either plan to be there that early anyway and be happy if you don't have to be, or else plan for a highly flexible day.

We are going in April 2020 (I know crazy time due to school breaks). As of now on April 3 we are going to do MK early hours and I know later in late afternoon/evening we want to do AK. I know this ride only opened recently but if the park opens at normal time 9:00, what is the likelihood of getting a boarding pass if we get there around noon? I thought we would walk in get pass and maybe hop to another park and prob pass would be for late evening? Any suggestions?

We are going in April 2020 (I know crazy time due to school breaks). As of now on April 3 we are going to do MK early hours and I know later in late afternoon/evening we want to do AK. I know this ride only opened recently but if the park opens at normal time 9:00, what is the likelihood of getting a boarding pass if we get there around noon? I thought we would walk in get pass and maybe hop to another park and prob pass would be for late evening? Any suggestions?

Current operations are way too new/volatile to answer your question for April with any degree of certainty. Park opening, park actual opening, and how long it has been taking to fill all boarding group info is being tracked on this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...roups-are-full-tracking.3781557/post-61320029

As you can see, for now all boarding groups are filling extremely quickly after actual park opening. In my opinion - as long as the boarding group process stays in place, I'm not sure if we'll ever see a time where boarding groups would still be available when entering the park as late as noon.

Unfortunately too many unknowns for April at the moment - we don't know final park hours, we don't know if Boarding Groups will still be in use, etc.

Zero percent

Right now HS is opening well before the official opening time because of the throngs of people showing up by 5am. Currently with a 7am opening, boarding passes are all gone just after 7am. This is an extremely popular ride. It’s not a once and done kind of ride.

At this point, It’s too soon to tell how long they’ll even have a virtual queue. Maybe they’ll change to fp. Who knows? If it does stay a virtual queue, the best (only) advice is to arrive early, unless of course they change the way they distribute the boarding passes. Again. Nobody knows.

I think we’ll have a better idea what may happen going forward, some time in January, after the holiday Season. Just stay informed as your fp day approaches.

Yesterday it was at least an hour after park open and passes were still available.

Actual park open, yes, but only 25 minutes after scheduled park opening.

When I checked the other day it was an hour after scheduled opening. I just checked now and all filled already. This should obviously be better by June when I go, but does anyone know how long it is taking to get into the park? Like if you show up at 650 do they have you in at 7am or is it taking awhile to get in?

When I checked the other day it was an hour after scheduled opening. I just checked now and all filled already. This should obviously be better by June when I go, but does anyone know how long it is taking to get into the park? Like if you show up at 650 do they have you in at 7am or is it taking awhile to get in?

Check out the chart in this thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...tr-boarding-groups-are-full-tracking.3781557/
So far, no boarding groups have been available to join an hour after scheduled park opening, unless you include the emh day over a week ago when the virtual queue did not open with the park.

You may also want to look at this thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/rotr-planning-daily-boarding-group-discussion.3763339/It's a lot more to dig through than the charts in the one posted above, but people have been liveposting their experience at ropedrop with info on what time they arrived, what time they actually go through the turnstiles, what boarding group they got, etc. It's also worth noting there and in the chart thread that it's possible to get a BG that never actually boards that day if you're in one of the last ones, so it sounds like people are aiming to be in group 50 or lower.

From what I can tell (though I haven't read the entries in a couple days) how long you stand outside waiting depends on just how early you arrive. People who showed up at 5:00 a few days ago, for instance, had a good hour wait before the gates opened. Once the gates opened, though, it seemed like the CMs were moving people through pretty fast, since people who reported showing up at 6:00 didn't report turnstile times much later than the first arrivers. They did get significantly later boarding groups, though, because what matters for BG's is how many people reserved ahead of you and being at the very front of the line provides a significant head start in the app even if it's only a few minutes' difference in terms of when you go through the turnstiles.

Joining the chorus, though, that all of this may be academic as far as your trip goes. I agree with @GADisneyDad14 though--if they're still using boarding groups it'll be because the crowds are still so heavy that you need to be there a good two hours before opening. If they've switched to FP+ by then (or gone standby-only like they did with MFSR), it'll be a whole different story and there'll be plenty of discussion about it before your trip. I'd just refrain from locking down your schedule with too many ADRs or activities that day and go with the flow for now. I'm personally regretting that I spread DHS ADRs and activity reservations across my entire first park day, since it would have been smarter to keep things flexible but I'm loathe to give any of my reservations up. I'm in a bit of a limbo area myself--current wild speculation unofficial predictions have boarding groups mmprobably continuing through at least Marathon Weekend, but I'll be there about two weeks after that point. Close enough that I'm thinking (hoping, frankly) that things won't change too much apart from (hopefully) more reliability in operation, but far enough that I'm anticipating everything getting turned on its head before I get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!