Rise of the Resistance ECV access

Is there a special line I need to use to go through Hollywood Studios security with an ECV? I was figuring there is a wheelchair line and I don't want to line up in the wrong line Saturday morning
The last time I was at HS there was a wheelchair ECV line to get in ( anyone can use it too) it was at one of the ends on each side if I remember right

The last time I was at HS there was a wheelchair ECV line to get in ( anyone can use it too) it was at one of the ends on each side if I remember right
Ok, thanks. I will see if the ROTR thread has a more recent update for the early morning lines.

So without giving any spoilers, exactly what kind of action is involved with this ride? Coaster-type movement of being thrown from side-to-side is too painful for me. Plus, I have motion sickness issues with certain movements and screens but am fine with something like Soarin’. Go figure. I watched a POV video but still couldn’t quite make out the depth of movement.

So without giving any spoilers, exactly what kind of action is involved with this ride? Coaster-type movement of being thrown from side-to-side is too painful for me. Plus, I have motion sickness issues with certain movements and screens but am fine with something like Soarin’. Go figure. I watched a POV video but still couldn’t quite make out the depth of movement.

From what I read elsewhere, the movement is actually pretty tame - there is a slight drop, and some jostling around, but the Imagineers cleverly augment the physical ride with visual effects to make you feel like everything is far more extreme than it actually is.

If we get lucky and get to ride in January, I'll come back and post - I'm old and creaky, and a great test case LOL

From what I read elsewhere, the movement is actually pretty tame - there is a slight drop, and some jostling around, but the Imagineers cleverly augment the physical ride with visual effects to make you feel like everything is far more extreme than it actually is.

If we get lucky and get to ride in January, I'll come back and post - I'm old and creaky, and a great test case LOL
I haven’t been yet either, but that’s the idea I’m getting too.

We need some old creaky people to ride and report back LOL
or at least people need to start their information with how adventurous they are, what they normally like, don’t like.

Yay! More members of the Old & Creaky Club! 😄
I’ll look forward to your report since we won’t be there until March.

I haven’t been yet either, but that’s the idea I’m getting too.

We need some old creaky people to ride and report back LOL
or at least people need to start their information with how adventurous they are, what they normally like, don’t like.
we will be in Disneyland in Feb so will report back here also. and yes Im old and cranky!

oh you said creaky? well that's my hubby , he the creaky one. lol

As of right now it ‘appears’ that mobility devices will be allowed up to the ride vehicle. That hasn’t been confirmed yet. What I have been waiting to hear about is how a wheelchair/ ECV user will work with the story of the ride. As I understand it, when you get to the ride vehicle you are supposed to be a Resistance prisoner. I’m hoping assistance with entering the transport won’t break immersion too badly.

Hopefully we’ll get a day one report on accessibility.

Has anyone known how an ECV rider does this attraction? Can you drive it to a certain point?
[/QUOTE

From allears.net, here's the way the ride will work if you use an ECV, including those like me that are in an electric wheelchair full-time:

"You will move about the ride several times in your journey through the galaxy. You need to be able to transfer from your ECV into the second ride vehicle. You can not take your ECV on the trackless ride vehicle that is used for the entire second half of the ride.

If you can not transfer from your ECV you can still participate in the queue interactivity, initial capture, and the interaction with Order guards and Stormtroopers in the Hangar. You will also be marched with the other “prisoners” to the loading area for the trackless ride vehicle. But you’ll be required to take the last chance exit rather than transferring to the vehicle."

From allears.net, "You will move about the ride several times in your journey through the galaxy. You need to be able to transfer from your ECV into the second ride vehicle. You can not take your ECV on the trackless ride vehicle that is used for the entire second half of the ride.

If you can not transfer from your ECV you can still participate in the queue interactivity, initial capture, and the interaction with Order guards and Stormtroopers in the Hangar. You will also be marched with the other “prisoners” to the loading area for the trackless ride vehicle. But you’ll be required to take the last chance exit rather than transferring to the vehicle."

From allears.net, "You will move about the ride several times in your journey through the galaxy. You need to be able to transfer from your ECV into the second ride vehicle. You can not take your ECV on the trackless ride vehicle that is used for the entire second half of the ride.

good info
But, you can take your ECV all the way up to the second ride vehicle (the first is a drive on vehicle that other guests stand on).
The transfer to the 2nd ride vehicle looks pretty straightforward snd the vehicle is stationary for loading and unloading, so the majority of people who use an ECV will probably be able to transfer. The seat appears about chair height and there is at least one vehicle with a a wider opening door.

No jerking or bumpiness like a coaster. You’re on a flat surface the entire ride. The vehicle does make sudden changed in direction many times, including backwards motion and the vehicle spinning part way around. There is one tiny smooth drop. There is only one part where pretty much all you see is a screen and that lasts less than minute. Mosty what you see are real sets and anamatronics, with some special effects and a few projected images.

No jerking or bumpiness like a coaster. You’re on a flat surface the entire ride. The vehicle does make sudden changed in direction many times, including backwards motion and the vehicle spinning part way around. There is one tiny smooth drop. There is only one part where pretty much all you see is a screen and that lasts less than minute. Mosty what you see are real sets and anamatronics, with some special effects and a few projected images.

Thank you! I’m starting to feel very encouraged that I can do this.

good info
But, you can take your ECV all the way up to the second ride vehicle (the first is a drive on vehicle that other guests stand on).
The transfer to the 2nd ride vehicle looks pretty straightforward snd the vehicle is stationary for loading and unloading, so the majority of people who use an ECV will probably be able to transfer. The seat appears about chair height and there is at least one vehicle with a a wider opening door.

Yes, you can take your ECV (including power wheelchairs) all the way to the last ride vehicle, where you will then need to transfer into that vehicle.

Last edited:
I went on this on Saturday. FYI once you get to the first ride vehicle, it might be more fun if you are able to stand. I did not stand up as I had no idea what was going on but I am assuming the vehicle moves but you don't really feel it when you're sitting in an ECV. I basically drove my ECV through the majority of the attraction until the vehicle you have to sit in. I would compare the rides spinning parts to a more tame version of the alien swirling saucers ride. There is a small drop but it is very quick.

I think the worst part about the ECV and HS is actually getting into the park in the morning due to all the people who will walk in front of your ECV.

Last edited:
Is there any way to Leave your ecv before getting in ghe first vehicle where others stand? If I can mange I’d like to stand with the others and pikc jo the ecv after its entirely over. Definitely need it for the queue before the ride kicks off though.

Is there any way to Leave your ecv before getting in ghe first vehicle where others stand? If I can mange I’d like to stand with the others and pikc jo the ecv after its entirely over. Definitely need it for the queue before the ride kicks off though.
I doubt you could leave it right before the first vehicle, but if you wanted to stand, I wonder if you could park the ECV in that vehicle and stand next to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter