Rise of the Resistance experience *Ride Spoilers* (Photos on Pg. 5)

First time rider this weekend. Both times had to wait 1.5 hours to get to pre-show. First time because ride didn't open until noon and everything was backed up and second time because it broke down just as we were about to go to Rey room (cast members were super nice and we chatted to about 5 of them about everything Star Wars and being a cast member and the ROTR ride, etc, ended up blessing us with 3 any ride FP due to sticking out the wait and being nice). I digress. I did not read spoilers in advance so had no idea what we were in for

First time through on Saturday, I was completely underwhelmed and overwhelmed after I got off. I had no idea what I just did, saw or experienced. It was 'different' but also I thought just boring as there was a ton of empty rooms with not a lot of action. We were in the transport that starts in the back of the room after breakout.

Second time, I was much more prepared and really was able to look around and loved it. This time we were in the transport that is in the front of the breakout room. I understood the concept and the was pretty wow'd by how unique it was.

I agree with one of the other posters (and my star wars loving son as well) that Kylo looks really weird in the window explosion room. My son thought his feet were odd and I thought he looks stiff. But otherwise, some super cool effects.

I'm now a fan and cannot wait to ride it again to be able to see even more I missed (ie. I don't remember seeing Finn at AT AT room).

Also wondered a few times out loud and in my head, if the cast members on this ride have any ill-effects after being 'mean' in character all day for the interrogation roles ie. The Stanford Prison experiment -- although probably not to that extreme...

Posting here in case someone is super spoiler sensitive in the no spoiler thread and doesn’t want to know seating arrangements. (No judgements, someone mentioned something along the lines of “the real part of the ride” or “the second part of the ride” before I rode it and I got about a 2/10 on the annoyed scale from it)

Any thoughts on board group size and by extension, ride capacity?

The first time I rode it it was fresh off a breakdown, we went right at the fork and lined up a group, wasn’t sure if the hallway straight ahead was used, and I don’t remember if there was a second group of 16 being lines up as well. (I was in awe at the scale of the star destroyer, everything in that sequence is a little fuzzy)
The second time I went on it we went straight, and I’m pretty sure there was a second group of 16 lining up with us going to a different “cell” (I could be wrong)

So all that to say I THINK each group that gets captured is 64 people. Do we think that constitutes a board group? Also, if I’m right and each “captured” ship is 64 people that means this ride can really turn over guests. Assuming the flow is 3 minutes (I don’t think you are in the shuttle much longer than that) that means this ride does 1280 guests per hour when it’s humming along?

Edit: I must have done my math wrong, or I am wrong about BG size, because of the BG is indeed only 1 shuttle big then 10 hours should net us 200 groups, which we haven’t been close to.

Posting here in case someone is super spoiler sensitive in the no spoiler thread and doesn’t want to know seating arrangements. (No judgements, someone mentioned something along the lines of “the real part of the ride” or “the second part of the ride” before I rode it and I got about a 2/10 on the annoyed scale from it)

Any thoughts on board group size and by extension, ride capacity?

The first time I rode it it was fresh off a breakdown, we went right at the fork and lined up a group, wasn’t sure if the hallway straight ahead was used, and I don’t remember if there was a second group of 16 being lines up as well. (I was in awe at the scale of the star destroyer, everything in that sequence is a little fuzzy)
The second time I went on it we went straight, and I’m pretty sure there was a second group of 16 lining up with us going to a different “cell” (I could be wrong)

So all that to say I THINK each group that gets captured is 64 people. Do we think that constitutes a board group? Also, if I’m right and each “captured” ship is 64 people that means this ride can really turn over guests. Assuming the flow is 3 minutes (I don’t think you are in the shuttle much longer than that) that means this ride does 1280 guests per hour when it’s humming along?

Edit: I must have done my math wrong, or I am wrong about BG size, because of the BG is indeed only 1 shuttle big then 10 hours should net us 200 groups, which we haven’t been close to.
When we were there, we had 16 in our group, but you could also see on the floor more spots/bays for more people if needed on our side (the one that went straight). Not sure how many more but probably at least another 8 as the marks were both sides of the floor

So after weeks of practicing we rode it yesterday and today once on each side. Yesterday when we were getting into the transport we were kicked out of our seats in front by a woman and her daughter saying they were promised a front seat which she then proceeded to hold up her phone to record the ride. I don't mind people doing things like that of it is not intrusive but it really distracted from most of the ride for us. She ended up stopping the recording part way through after we asked her to do so nicely and then when the ride was done she complained to a cast member she didn't get her video and could she go again. It was crazy! Really loved it today. I enjoyed the immersive experience and that first moment you step onto the death star.... I was grinning like and idiot.

We may try again Thursday for one last attempt this week. But I am glad to have the stress behind us for the rest of the trip. We achieved our goal of two rides!

So after weeks of practicing we rode it yesterday and today once on each side. Yesterday when we were getting into the transport we were kicked out of our seats in front by a woman and her daughter saying they were promised a front seat which she then proceeded to hold up her phone to record the ride. I don't mind people doing things like that of it is not intrusive but it really distracted from most of the ride for us. She ended up stopping the recording part way through after we asked her to do so nicely and then when the ride was done she complained to a cast member she didn't get her video and could she go again. It was crazy!
ugh. agree. I would have kicked her back out of my seat! I cannot stand people doing this on dark rides (and I mean dark as in the lights are dim, not 'dark ride'. It is very distracting. Other times, in daylight or when it isn't obstructing view, I can let it go but still find it annoying.

Also wondered a few times out loud and in my head, if the cast members on this ride have any ill-effects after being 'mean' in character all day for the interrogation roles ie. The Stanford Prison experiment -- although probably not to that extreme...
As I understand it, the CMs rotate jobs within the ride so do not have to be in "interrogation mode" all day every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter