Rise of the Resistance experience *Ride Spoilers* (Photos on Pg. 5)

I liken it to a cross between Toy Story and Luigis. I CANNOT do Star Tours, and this is fine.

Oh no, midway mania makes me nauseous and gives me a headache and my husband can't tolerate Luigi's... it's those short tiny jerks and spins that get to us, now I'm thinking we won't be able to enjoy this ride, ack!

Does anyone know if they've made accommodations for wheelchairs? On rides like Big Thunder, Incredicoaster and HM, they have a car where the side folds down so a sideways transfer is possible. Some rides like Space Mountain Radiator Springs and Pirates, it is possible to get onto the ride vehicle by getting onto the ground. Some rides like RRTS or Indie, it's not possible to get into the vehicle without standing.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they've made accommodations for wheelchairs? On rides like Big Thunder, Incredicoaster and HM, they have a car where the side folds down so a sideways transfer is possible. Some rides like Space Mountain and Pirates, it is possible to get onto the ride vehicle by getting onto the ground. Some rides like RRTS or Indie, it's not possible to get into the vehicle without standing.

I am listening to this week's Dreams Unlimited Travel show and they are discussing mobility concerns and Rise of the Resistance. You do need to transfer and it *sounds* like there aren't major modifications made so you would need to stand. There also are sections of the experience where you are standing/moving through the attraction, so they asked if Tracey could stand/walk for about 10 minutes. I have a couple friends who are CMs on the Rise opening crew, so I will reach out and ask them.

Does anyone know if they've made accommodations for wheelchairs? On rides like Big Thunder, Incredicoaster and HM, they have a car where the side folds down so a sideways transfer is possible. Some rides like Space Mountain Radiator Springs and Pirates, it is possible to get onto the ride vehicle by getting onto the ground. Some rides like RRTS or Indie, it's not possible to get into the vehicle without standing.
The front row on the car has a door that opens wider but no special vehicles and you do have to be able to transfer.

Oh no, midway mania makes me nauseous and gives me a headache and my husband can't tolerate Luigi's... it's those short tiny jerks and spins that get to us, now I'm thinking we won't be able to enjoy this ride, ack!
RotR really isn’t as jerky as what you’re thinking. After we experienced RotR, we felt it compared to the Penguin ride at Sea World. Another poster on the WDW RotR thread also described it as being similar to Penguin.

Here’s a video of Penguin to give you an idea of the trackless gliding:

The drop was oversold, so don't worry about that. As far as the motion simulator, I found it pretty tame.

If you don't know it's coming, it can be a bit of a shock. I was thinking, "wow, this is a great ride, lots of scope, but it's not very thrilling" and at that EXACT moment the bottom dropped out. I'll be ready next time, I'm sure it's not that big of a drop, but I was properly exhilarated by that! :rotfl:

If you don't know it's coming, it can be a bit of a shock. I was thinking, "wow, this is a great ride, lots of scope, but it's not very thrilling" and at that EXACT moment the bottom dropped out. I'll be ready next time, I'm sure it's not that big of a drop, but I was properly exhilarated by that! :rotfl:
Lol too funny on the timing :)

RotR really isn’t as jerky as what you’re thinking. After we experienced RotR, we felt it compared to the Penguin ride at Sea World. Another poster on the WDW RotR thread also described it as being similar to Penguin.

Here’s a video of Penguin to give you an idea of the trackless gliding:

Oh gosh, thank you for the video that definitely seems like a nausea inducing thing for me... I have no issues with thrill rides, motion simulators, sudden drops or even fast spins but something just slowly gliding along and turning like that, blech, like being on a big boat at sea for me.... I'm seriously thinking I made need to pass on this experience now.

Last edited:
The front row on the car has a door that opens wider but no special vehicles and you do have to be able to transfer.
I did not notice this on the car we were in.

You can stay in the WC/ECV thru the first portion, however, for the last portion when you get in the ride vehicle, I was asked if I could transfer and could I walk a short distance to my "interrogation". (I was told I could have a manual transfer chair to go to the ride.) I did ask the distance, and was reassured it was short and I could wait on the ECV til the "interrogation room" was ready (they did a good job of seeing what I needed while staying in character.) When I walked to the vehicle, and stepped into the front seats, I did not feel like the door opened wider than the rear seats. Then, if you had any weight against the side of the vehicle, the vehicle door wouldn't close (or open) for both front and back seat. I do think if someone has any trouble standing, it will be difficult to board the ride. A companion could carry/lift a child/person to get them in the ride. But I would compare it to getting on Alice, size wise. I will try to do more "remembering" next ride.

Oh gosh, thank you for the video that definitely seems like a nausea inducing thing for me... I have no issues with thrill rides, motion simulators, sudden drops or even fast spins but something just slowly gliding along and turning like that, blech, like being on a big boat at sea for me.... I'm seriously thinking I made need to pass on this experience now.
I always tell people you have to try something once. It is very cool. There is so much to look at while you are moving, so while it does seem like TSMM and Luigis, it is different. You aren't just whipping around, there is a purpose to it. But I can understand your tripedation. I can't do Indy or Star Tours, and I feared it would have similar overtures. But I am glad I did it. And I figure I can do it twice a day/trip without issues.

I always tell people you have to try something once. It is very cool. There is so much to look at while you are moving, so while it does seem like TSMM and Luigis, it is different. You aren't just whipping around, there is a purpose to it. But I can understand your tripedation. I can't do Indy or Star Tours, and I feared it would have similar overtures. But I am glad I did it. And I figure I can do it twice a day/trip without issues.

This is so weird to me because I never considered I would have any issues with the ride! But I'm really worried about this now... like I'm fine on king Arthur's carousel but the one time I went on king Triton's carousel (I guess it's now Jesse's critter) that was it for me, I got so sick I couldn't ride anything else that day or the next and even just walking around the park was not fun, like getting carsick is what I'm envisioning... like if someone carried me while doing a waltz I'd have to spend the next day or so in bed with my eyes closed and a tight grip on my pillow to recover, and I'd hate for that to happen while at DL... I love Guardians and will ride that multiple times in a row but riding an elevator in a tall building makes my stomach turn. I'm thinking this is just going to be too subtle for me which might be doable for a minute or so but I heard the ride lasts 18?

Thanks everyone for the reviews so far...I had written this off as a ride I couldn't do, but the more I hear about it, it may just be doable.

OK, I just got clarification, the front door will swing out for a transfer board for a manual chair.

This is so weird to me because I never considered I would have any issues with the ride! But I'm really worried about this now... like I'm fine on king Arthur's carousel but the one time I went on king Triton's carousel (I guess it's now Jesse's critter) that was it for me, I got so sick I couldn't ride anything else that day or the next and even just walking around the park was not fun, like getting carsick is what I'm envisioning... like if someone carried me while doing a waltz I'd have to spend the next day or so in bed with my eyes closed and a tight grip on my pillow to recover, and I'd hate for that to happen while at DL... I love Guardians and will ride that multiple times in a row but riding an elevator in a tall building makes my stomach turn. I'm thinking this is just going to be too subtle for me which might be doable for a minute or so but I heard the ride lasts 18?
I think you will be fine. I'm fine on Dumbo but got really nauseous on Astro Orbiters. So similar rides but different responses from my body. The ride moves fast and slow but it's based on reaction to what is happening on the ride. Lugi's gets me a little bit bacause of the circular motion - ROTR doesn't do that. Think of the ride portion like trying to escape in a car - you go forward get stopped (watch a scene) get caught back up turn go down another corridor get caught, back up turn or go straight to next sceen until you "escape".

For those worried about not being able to handle this ride due to nausea, you should be fine.
I just got off the ride at Disneyland. I was skeptical to ride since I get sick on many rides including Toy Story Mania and Star Tours. I was too excited and took the risk of riding it. I was pleasantly surprised! This ride is very, very smooth and didn’t make me nauseous once. It’s extremely well done.

For those worried about not being able to handle this ride due to nausea, you should be fine.
I just got off the ride at Disneyland. I was skeptical to ride since I get sick on many rides including Toy Story Mania and Star Tours. I was too excited and took the risk of riding it. I was pleasantly surprised! This ride is very, very smooth and didn’t make me nauseous once. It’s extremely well done.

Quick question. My daughter HATES drops (straight down bothers her but she is fine with POTC but won't ride Splash because of the last big drop and the drop in the dark, she also wont ride GOTG). How bad would you say the drop is on this one? Thank you!!!

Quick question. My daughter HATES drops (straight down bothers her but she is fine with POTC but won't ride Splash because of the last big drop and the drop in the dark, she also wont ride GOTG). How bad would you say the drop is on this one? Thank you!!!

The drop on this is not very noticeable. I would say if she could do POTC in the dark, then she can easily handle this. It’s a quick and very short drop. I would equate it to jumping off the third or fourth step of a step stool or ladder. The drop lasts 3-5 seconds.
I can’t do GOTG because of the way it makes my stomach drop and I didn’t even get the slightest feeling of that during the ROTR drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!