Rise of The Resistance Opening?

obviously hard to know for certain since they adjusted plans to begin with in having the early opening and opening in phases, but that seems about right from the scuttlebutt I heard - in that this was something that would be a few months delay (not just a few weeks, but also not 6 months or a year) ... BUT it does seem like there were some technical difficulties so even if as of now the plan/expectation is to open by the EXPO, there very well could be additional delays that push it back. Since they already went for the phased opening I would think they would want RotR to be working like as close to 100% as possible before opening it

Yea, there was no way wdw was going be ready to open in fall like they were saying so doing a split and opening in phases will allow them to open part of the park so to keep from being ridiculed for not making their schedule and thus maybe even help with crowding. I wouldn't expect to see a full opening until late December or even January 2020.

Wow, opening RotR in January 2020 would lead me to cancel my trip during Christmas Week 2019.
Do the current rumors/technical difficulties really suggest a delay until very very late December 2019/early 2020???

Any more rumors about when this attraction will open at Disneyland?
I'm going 8/14-8/21 and would love to be able to experience it!

I don't believe its all about mechanical issues with ROTR. If that was true, once they figure out how to fix the DL version, wouldn't it be an easy fix at WDW? The reports make it sound like the DL version is complete but they can't get it to work right. That means that the WDW version would be ready on time and they can apply the DL fix.

I don't believe its all about mechanical issues with ROTR. If that was true, once they figure out how to fix the DL version, wouldn't it be an easy fix at WDW? The reports make it sound like the DL version is complete but they can't get it to work right. That means that the WDW version would be ready on time and they can apply the DL fix.
Not necessarily. They are two independent attractions. Everything has to go through a process as well. The SWGE in DL of course is/was further along than the one in DHS.

I haven't seen any reports about it being complete (can you please share?). I do feel that once the remaining issues are resolved at DL's variant, the technology team will port their findings immediately to WDW.

As far as on time, I think they gave themselves a massive window by saying the end of this year; I feel confident they'll hit this revised mark. Now whether it will have every feature within it's original design intent is a different issue.

Any more rumors about when this attraction will open at Disneyland?
I'm going 8/14-8/21 and would love to be able to experience it!

I could be wrong, but I feel like if the ride were to be ready around that date they would save its opening as a "surprise fastpass" for those attending the Parks and Resorts Panel at the D23 Expo and officially open it the next day.

It is possible that a fix in DL could be quickly applied in WDW, but not certain. It all depends on what types of problems are encountered. If the programming is identical, a code change could easily be added in WDW. However if not identical code testing must be re-done in WDW. Physical fixes may take just as long the second time around.... Polical issues are similar, depends :)

If the WDW version is scheduled to open in late Nov/early Dec, I am wondering if that would thin out the crowd in early Nov. I am hoping that people decide to wait a few more weeks to go so they can see the entire land. We will be there in early Nov and hope to miss the crowd. Probably just wishful thinking at this point. I'm sure it will be packed either way.

Disney definitely wants a second attraction in the land in place in time for those massive Christmas crowds they always get. Im sure they are expecting that they will be even worse than usual as lots of the people that planned well in advance to be there when the land opens booked in December. Im sure they would be happy to have it all up and running in time for Thanksgiving... (Again those super high crowds clamoring to get in to DHS will need somewhere to go) but RotR is a very ambitious ride, My guess is they will either open it mid-Nov (enough time to work out the bugs before Thansgiving) or Early December during the lull before Christmas.

I wonder if the delay in the opening of the ride is any way related to the next movie coming out. This past weekend someone with some insider information shared that there was a part of the ride that ties into the next movie and they believed that the ride would not open till after the movie is released in December. Has anyone else heard this??

I wonder if the delay in the opening of the ride is any way related to the next movie coming out. This past weekend someone with some insider information shared that there was a part of the ride that ties into the next movie and they believed that the ride would not open till after the movie is released in December. Has anyone else heard this??
No it doesn’t have to do with the film. If Disney could have it open now they would.

wonder if the delay in the opening of the ride is any way related to the next movie coming out
I agree with rteetz. I don't think that would stop them. I remember that "It's Tough to Be a Bug" at DAK was opened before the movie was released (Great show, BTW!). I thought it was interesting that we didn't recognize the characters when we saw the show the first time. But, we got the "Aha" moment on our next visit.

Disney definitely wants a second attraction in the land in place in time for those massive Christmas crowds they always get. Im sure they are expecting that they will be even worse than usual as lots of the people that planned well in advance to be there when the land opens booked in December. Im sure they would be happy to have it all up and running in time for Thanksgiving... (Again those super high crowds clamoring to get in to DHS will need somewhere to go) but RotR is a very ambitious ride, My guess is they will either open it mid-Nov (enough time to work out the bugs before Thansgiving) or Early December during the lull before Christmas.
We are going December 6th-December 14th. My hope is that it will be opened by then. If not, it won't be the end of the world, but it would be a pleasant surprise to get to do both rides and the Skyliner in one trip.

We are going april 2020 and while DH is very (very VERY) hopeful that it will all be up and running by then I can't help thinking back to our 2016 trip from the UK where we planned a whole day at AK ready for the exciting special grand magnificent opening night of rivers of light..........
Wah wah.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter