RIV Tower Studios - Shockingly Available?

Gary Carter

GrryC
So maybe its just me but I have been shocked at how available the tower studios seem. Right now (9:20 eastern time on 12/7/19), at the 7 month window, I can get into a tower studio for a week. Ive seen this a few times just looking at the RAT to see what there is to see over the last few months; if I wanted a tower studio for 3 or 4 nights, I could have gotten one. I wonder what this could mean?

Or maybe it's just a fluke, but anecdotally, tower studios seem at least just as easy to get as studios at the beach club, or maybe even standard rooms at bay lake tower (that is to say, not easy, but certainly with persistence and luck, not impossible.)

A fair number are declared, but the resort itself has a lot of declared-but-not-sold points.
You cannot take availability in early sales as a real indicator of long term. BCV is in full-blown long term mode, as is BLT. Riviera is only about 30% declared, and less sold.

The Tower rooms are a different product and won't appeal to everyone who would otherwise book a studio. And lots of points declared and not sold yet. In the past the first year or two has usually been the easiest time to book there. 1st two years of VGF I booked a studio for the 1st week of Dec at 7 months.

I think that the standard view studios are going to be the hardest room to get at Riviera. That's how it's playing out right now anyways (things can obviously change).

7 months out is July. It’s crazy hot and humid and is a slower DVC time. No surprise it’s open.

7 months out is July. It’s crazy hot and humid and is a slower DVC time. No surprise it’s open.
People had been predicting it to be like AKV Value, BWV Standard, & BLT Standard where you basically have to own there to even have a shot at them. At 7 months, even though it's July, those are all spotty at best whereas the Tower Studio is wide open.

They're priced at a point range that exceeds desire for many. You get a quite small room for a deluxe studio point cost (aside from a few like VGF and Poly).

They're priced at a point range that exceeds desire for many. You get a quite small room for a deluxe studio point cost (aside from a few like VGF and Poly).

They are very similar to AKV Standard Studios point wise. I’ll try a Tower Studio once, but I can’t see myself choosing to stay in one between the two.

I think of a closet with a bathroom.

For the high demand Fall 2020 season, Tower studios have often been disappearing at or before 8 a.m. at 11 months out. Reliable patterns will take a while to develop at Riviera. Moreover, after DVC adds a new declaration of rooms, which happened not long ago with Riviera, you can get new openings at the 7 month window, particularly in lower demand times. July 7-31, which is now going through the 7- month stage, is the second lowest DVC demand time of the year (Feb 1 to the Thurs before Presidents' Day is lowest).

The Tower rooms are a different product and won't appeal to everyone who would otherwise book a studio.
This.
And after the resort opens and reports and pics of stays in Tower studios will begin to be published, their popularity will decrease further.
I've read people complaining that the BLT studios are barely big enough for a couple, good luck staying in a Tower studio.
I'm not saying it'll be easier to book them, on the contrary, but the hottest property at RIV will be the standard studios

We saw a 3D concept in a video and decided they are great for when we have to spend the night before and after a cruise but when staying on property for a week we rather be in an actual room to hold all our stuff and things we buy. I have been looking at them at the 11 month mark for next November and the tower and standard view have actually had rooms fill already

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!