River Cruise Early Booking Discount

@sayhello --so happy you were able to get Adults only and in a solo cabin!:cheer2:
Thanks! I was only doing it if I got the solo cabin. I'm glad it worked out! :)

Yay! Congrats! I wish we were going on the same sailing. We are tentatively booked for the October 1st. Unfortunately we won't know if we get the early booking discount until I put down a deposit (by tomorrow). Catch 22 is that I am only booking now to get the discount!
We *will* end up traveling on the same trip at some point!!

Sayhello

We just booked July 9th--the Rhone sailing. Hope my 12 year old likes it. I am so excited!

So I've decided to not do the Paris Short Escape. First off, there *is* a single supplement for it, so the price is $2659.00 for 3 days, 2 nights. And considering that one of those days overlaps with the first day of the River Cruise, which I'm also paying for, it's really way too much money for what it is. Honestly, I've done Paris before, and I'd really rather go back to Budapest or check out Switzerland. I've tentatively booked a pre-night at the hotel in Lyon for the day before the river cruise. We'll see what happens when I work out what I'm doing with my pre-days. :) I still have to figure out Japan. But it's nice to have this booked.

Sayhello

I'm already hungry for another cruise on an AMA ship. Jealous and happy for you!
Thanks! :) I do love their ships and service. Definitely one of the things I'm looking forward to!

Sayhello

Last edited:

Well, I messed up and thought the insider booking was today. Oops :-) Luckily, my TA emailed me yesterday and she was still able to get us the early booking discount. We were going to go for the Sept all adults cruise, but my Mom really wanted to go in July (and since we'll be getting on the cruise on her birthday) I couldn't say no. Plus, the lavender fields will be in bloom, and it is over Bastille Day, so maybe we'll even be treated to some fireworks displays :-) It looks like there are a few others on the July trip as well. I'm definitely excited about this.

However, the ABD agent accidentally charged the credit card for the entire trip instead of just the deposit....eek!! But, my TA spoke to a supervisor, and while they can't void it, they are going to prioritize the refund. At least she realized what she did right away so it could be fixed!

Now, the only decision is, do we just do a pre night in Lyon or do we go to DLP for a few days first. Decisions, decisions. Glad everyone was able to get the bookings they wanted and fantastic @sayhello! So happy you snagged one of those single cabins.

Well, I messed up and thought the insider booking was today. Oops :-) Luckily, my TA emailed me yesterday and she was still able to get us the early booking discount. We were going to go for the Sept all adults cruise, but my Mom really wanted to go in July (and since we'll be getting on the cruise on her birthday) I couldn't say no. Plus, the lavender fields will be in bloom, and it is over Bastille Day, so maybe we'll even be treated to some fireworks displays :-) It looks like there are a few others on the July trip as well. I'm definitely excited about this.

However, the ABD agent accidentally charged the credit card for the entire trip instead of just the deposit....eek!! But, my TA spoke to a supervisor, and while they can't void it, they are going to prioritize the refund. At least she realized what she did right away so it could be fixed!

Now, the only decision is, do we just do a pre night in Lyon or do we go to DLP for a few days first. Decisions, decisions. Glad everyone was able to get the bookings they wanted and fantastic @sayhello! So happy you snagged one of those single cabins.

So exciting! We are deciding between the same thing..do we do a night in Lyon or somewhere else or do we do a few days DLP. I have never been to DLP so leaning that way!

Thanks, Tonia! :) I really liked the look of this river cruise, but really couldn't justify the cost of a regular cabin. I was really happy my TA snagged a single cabin! Glad you got what you wanted, too, but YIPES about the credit card snafu!! You make a compelling argument for that July cruise. :) It should be lovely!

So exciting! We are deciding between the same thing..do we do a night in Lyon or somewhere else or do we do a few days DLP. I have never been to DLP so leaning that way!
Huh. DLP hadn't even occurred to me. I've already been, although it was several years ago. It's *definitely* worth experiencing!

Sayhello

Thanks! That's great to know. It looks like the Seine River Cruise may be the only other one that has a single cabin. It's a little strange there is a child price for the single cabin though.

My husband and I were in Paris last March for our 10th anniversary. I tried to talk him into DLP, but he is not a fan of Disney, so I didn’t want to force the issue. I may have to go to Lyon this summer for work, so I may try to add a few days and go myself, but if that doesn’t work, my Mom did say she’d go with me. I’d really like to go, so hopefully I can make one of them work.

Thanks, Tonia! :) I really liked the look of this river cruise, but really couldn't justify the cost of a regular cabin. I was really happy my TA snagged a single cabin! Glad you got what you wanted, too, but YIPES about the credit card snafu!! You make a compelling argument for that July cruise. :) It should be lovely!

Huh. DLP hadn't even occurred to me. I've already been, although it was several years ago. It's *definitely* worth experiencing!

Sayhello

I definitely like to analyze everything (perhaps a bit too much) LOL!

I do really like this itinerary, so I’m sure it will be fantastic!

Last edited:
Thanks! That's great to know. It looks like the Seine River Cruise may be the only other one that has a single cabin. It's a little strange there is a child price for the single cabin though.
I thought that was weird, too. Because you can't have an under-age kid in a cabin by themselves, so what's the point of a child price? Ah, well!

And yes, the ships used for the Rhine and the Danube do not have Single cabins. So it's the Seine and the Rhone only.

Sayhello

I wasn't going to do a deposit, but then read the excursions and did the deposit right away! My son and I are booked on the October 1st trip. I am very excited -- I really like all the bike riding / hiking options. And of course the Valrhona chocolate! I'm not 100% sure it will happen until we know where dd is going to college (which is about a year away), but it will hopefully work out!

I've got a new countdown ticker! My awesome TA got through right at 8am and we're booked on the June 27, 2020 Danube and the Budapest short escape! So excited. Now to do my best to be patient.

Congrats! I’m headed to my second Danube River Cruise ABD with 2 days on our own in Budapest in June. Had we waited a year I would have definitely done the Budapest short escape!
Hope the time goes quicky while you wait

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!