Riviera Rooms with a View

I was in 8640 1-bedroom lockoff PV. Didn't take a picture, but the picture from 8540 is pretty much the same, just 1 floor lower.

We were in 8731, 1-BR SV lockoff. Had a great view of Epcot fireworks last night! Straight on from living room was Guardians of the Galaxy, with Spaceship Earth just to the left. 45C0AF46-1CA7-43EE-A1D4-90672E7FB8CE.jpeg
Sorry the image is rotated - forgot to take it in landscape.

How did you find the tower studio? Small, or just right, or something else?

I stayed in it alone, and I thought it was fine for just me. I could see it being a bit cramped for a couple staying a week. There really wasn't a good spot to lay out more than one suitcase. There is a good amount of storage in the room, though. The bed was too heavy for me to lift on my own, so I wound up just leaving it down the entire trip. The room was the quietest room I have ever stayed in on Disney property. They tower studios are in their own hallway, so you don't get the foot traffic you do in front of most rooms.

My friends were staying in a one bedroom the floor below mine that was right next to the room. We could actually see into my room from their balcony, so make sure you are decent if you are standing in front of the door to the balcony. LOL.

8645 SV also overlooks main entrance and its fountains.

Edit: Its a Deluxe Studio

Attachments

• 20200129_200741.jpg
    20200129_200741.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
From what I have seen, all of the rooms seem to have really good views! Are there any rooms that DON'T have a view of the fireworks. Good gravy, I want to stay there!

Last edited:

Hi everyone - just found this forum and am excited I did - a lot of great info so thank you! I haven't seen Riviera in person yet, but it looks amazing and I can't wait to check it out. I'm seriously considering buying here, but would love your thoughts on something I've been thinking about. For those who have purchased, were you deterred at all by the fact the points might be tough to sell in the future given the restrictions? If my understanding is correct, upon resale, the Riviera points could only be used at the Riviera as opposed to other DVC resorts. Thanks in advance - greatly appreciate it!

Hi everyone - just found this forum and am excited I did - a lot of great info so thank you! I haven't seen Riviera in person yet, but it looks amazing and I can't wait to check it out. I'm seriously considering buying here, but would love your thoughts on something I've been thinking about. For those who have purchased, were you deterred at all by the fact the points might be tough to sell in the future given the restrictions? If my understanding is correct, upon resale, the Riviera points could only be used at the Riviera as opposed to other DVC resorts. Thanks in advance - greatly appreciate it!

Great question but I would ask that you post the question in the Purchasing thread to keep this thread related to the rooms!

Don't know how well they will come through, but here are 3 pictures from a Preferred View Studio, Room 8330. 3rd floor, west wing.Riviera Rm 8339a.jpgRiviera Rm 8339b.jpgRiviera Rm 8339c.jpg

Last edited:
We are almost 2 months past opening. What's the status of the murphy beds at the moment? We have a stay booked this summer and if those don't work, we need to move because there won't be a place for our little kids to sleep.

We are almost 2 months past opening. What's the status of the murphy beds at the moment? We have a stay booked this summer and if those don't work, we need to move because there won't be a place for our little kids to sleep.

We stayed there in late December and everything was fixed at that point. The Murphy beds were incredibly comfortable, IMHO.

It seems to be that the preferred rooms with best Epcot fireworks view are west facing (8x07 - 8x17). Do I have that correct? But I don't think we have pics from that view in this thread yet?

It seems to be that the preferred rooms with best Epcot fireworks view are west facing (8x07 - 8x17). Do I have that correct? But I don't think we have pics from that view in this thread yet?
I don’t know about “best” Epcot fireworks view, but we had a pretty nice view from the living room of our standard view 1 bedroom, 8731. It was in the west wing, as you noted. We could see lots of fireworks as well as the illuminated kites flying back and forth.

Thanks . . I've seen a lot of standard rooms with views. the points chart seems a bit backward, as it seems very few preferred rooms have the view. But I think the west facing ones might be it?

Thanks . . I've seen a lot of standard rooms with views. the points chart seems a bit backward, as it seems very few preferred rooms have the view. But I think the west facing ones might be it?
I feel like they built the preferred rooms around being able to see the pool and the lake between Riviera and CBB. Which to some people (like me) I'd rather see Spaceship Earth so hooray for a cheaper room!

I feel like they built the preferred rooms around being able to see the pool and the lake between Riviera and CBB. Which to some people (like me) I'd rather see Spaceship Earth so hooray for a cheaper room!
I totally agree. A cheaper room would have been nice. I booked mine before info about room views was widespread. Next time I will book the cheaper room. This time I’m trying to figure out if any Preferred rooms give me the view I want. I have to think disney might change this over time to be more like BLT.

Looking for advice on standard view 2 bedroom, is there a map of the room #s and categories? I would like to put a room request in, I don't really care about the view but location is more of concern. Would like to be closer to lobby and sklyliner. thank in advance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!