Riviera Rooms with a View

We are almost 2 months past opening. What's the status of the murphy beds at the moment? We have a stay booked this summer and if those don't work, we need to move because there won't be a place for our little kids to sleep.
We stayed there in late December and everything was fixed at that point. The Murphy beds were incredibly comfortable, IMHO.

Same here. Kids slept on the LR queen murphy and lived to tell about it.

Looking for advice on standard view 2 bedroom, is there a map of the room #s and categories? I would like to put a room request in, I don't really care about the view but location is more of concern. Would like to be closer to lobby and sklyliner. thank in advance

West wing would put you between lobby and Skyliner. Note that the elevators are a bit down the hall from the elevator on both sides, so you won't really need to go through the lobby to go anywhere. And ask for high floor for better views.

West wing would put you between lobby and Skyliner. Note that the elevators are a bit down the hall from the elevator on both sides, so you won't really need to go through the lobby to go anywhere. And ask for high floor for better views.
I'm curious about the Elevator locations. If we bring our kids in strollers, and want to fill drink mugs in the morning, we would have to come down to the level that Primo Piatto is on right? then get back on the elevator to go back up to the lobby to go out to the busses right? Seems like that might be a pain.

Great thanks, does anyone know the rooom stacks of the 2 bedrooms?

I'm curious about the Elevator locations. If we bring our kids in strollers, and want to fill drink mugs in the morning, we would have to come down to the level that Primo Piatto is on right? then get back on the elevator to go back up to the lobby to go out to the busses right? Seems like that might be a pain.
We have never done the dining plan, so we've not used mugs, but ... that sounds right. Is it possible to send one person down with the mugs rather than taking the stroller? (But yes, agree that it seems like a pain)

Last edited:
We have never done the dining plan, so we've not used mugs, but ... that sounds right. Is it possible to send one person down with the mugs rather than taking the stroller?
I was always the mug runner in the family in the morning (when we stayed at BLT I went over to Contemporary or the pool if it was open) and brought it back so everyone didn't need to drag themselves down. Usually I would just meet everyone near the front entrance or back in the room.

We have never done the dining plan, so we've not used mugs, but ... that sounds right. Is it possible to send one person down with the mugs rather than taking the stroller? (But yes, agree that it seems like a pain)
You don't have to be on the dining plan for the refill mugs, although they aren't as worth it ($20 per mug now) if you are on short trips. We usually are on 8-14 day trips so they are very worth it for us. Mug running is a good idea. It does make me think also that that narrow staircase in the lobby wasn't a great idea at all.

You don't have to be on the dining plan for the refill mugs, although they aren't as worth it ($20 per mug now) if you are on short trips. We usually are on 8-14 day trips so they are very worth it for us. Mug running is a good idea. It does make me think also that that narrow staircase in the lobby wasn't a great idea at all.

We are not soda drinkers, either. We did get a mug once on a Contemporary hotel stay because DH insisted on getting coffee every morning. It might have been a break-even except that he got tired of having to run to the lobby to get his coffee. 🤦‍♀️ Now we just make it in the room and have it before leaving.

It seems to be that the preferred rooms with best Epcot fireworks view are west facing (8x07 - 8x17). Do I have that correct? But I don't think we have pics from that view in this thread yet?

I had 8811 a couple of weeks ago, and yes, the Epcot fireworks view was superb! Great view of the skyliner, too.

Fair warning, though: the view also included a 6-lane road (Buena Vista Drive?) with traffic, bright traffic lights, and frequent sirens. I didn't love that part, and I think I would prefer a pool/CBR view in the future. I do think many people would be able to block out the traffic sights and sounds, but it bothered me a little and it was a deal-breaker for my balcony-loving, traffic-despising husband.

I had 8811 a couple of weeks ago, and yes, the Epcot fireworks view was superb! Great view of the skyliner, too.

Fair warning, though: the view also included a 6-lane road (Buena Vista Drive?) with traffic, bright traffic lights, and frequent sirens. I didn't love that part, and I think I would prefer a pool/CBR view in the future. I do think many people would be able to block out the traffic sights and sounds, but it bothered me a little and it was a deal-breaker for my balcony-loving, traffic-despising husband.

Do you have any pictures? What size room? This way I can add it to the list!

Thanks. This is extremely helpful! Decisions decisions but good to have all these facts.

For those of us from big cities, it will really feel like home! 🤣

For those of us from big cities, it will really feel like home! 🤣

:laughing: LOL. It's really not that bad. To people from big cities, it will seem like nothing. But for us, if we stay at Riviera again we'll ask for a pool-view room.

I kind of wondered why they built Topolino in the further wing from Epcot, instead of the closest wing. I decided they probably did it because that would block more rooms from the fireworks views. But now I wonder if they factored in the road view as part of that decision.

Just returned from a week in a Preferred View 1-Bedroom, 8370. Only request was a high floor but ended up on the third floor, which actually made leaving pretty easy so we weren't mad about it. My parents are obsessed with the Skyliner so I was happy to have a view that included it. I also thought the reflection of CBR in the lake was gorgeous, and although we couldn't see the sun actually set, the colors during that time were beautiful. We tend to be in the parks for fireworks and I've always hated views of parking lots, even if there is something cool past them -- like the MK views at the Contemporary and BLT -- so the Standard views that are srteet/parking lot with Epcot in the background don't interest us. I would definitely book Preferred again in the future if I could afford it!

Out of curiosity, has anyone stayed on the first floor yet? I believe my room in July will be there (the only 1-bedroom roll-in shower accessible room in the resort) and I'm trying to figure out how best to get around. 8102 is all the way at the end of the west wing hallway, and I'm thinking to minimize travel time in the hallways, it might be easier to go outside and back in to get to the elevators? Any thoughts?

8723 - Tower Studio

Attachments

• CD743F05-82DF-4C4A-9F1D-10D60D3922BF.jpeg
    CD743F05-82DF-4C4A-9F1D-10D60D3922BF.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 163
  • 0766120A-A8F2-4D49-9EE1-20C959DDFE80.jpeg
    0766120A-A8F2-4D49-9EE1-20C959DDFE80.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 698B2EFD-DAB3-438B-B70F-4884B3283A6F.jpeg
    698B2EFD-DAB3-438B-B70F-4884B3283A6F.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 148
Out of curiosity, has anyone stayed on the first floor yet? I believe my room in July will be there (the only 1-bedroom roll-in shower accessible room in the resort) and I'm trying to figure out how best to get around. 8102 is all the way at the end of the west wing hallway, and I'm thinking to minimize travel time in the hallways, it might be easier to go outside and back in to get to the elevators? Any thoughts?

I just looked at touring plans' room view - it's nice! You'd be super close to the Skyliner, which would be great. If going to Topolino's, then yes, it would be easier to go outside and get the other elevator bank. That's really the only reason I could see why you'd go outside to get that elevator bank. I'm trying to remember where the west wing elevator bank is (only reason you'd need would be to go to the lobby and bus stops) and while the distance as the crow flies it's shorter to go outside and back in (going only 1 side of a triangle), I don't think the hallways are so long or crowded that it makes much difference. (The elevator banks are set down the hallways a bit from the lobby, which is sort of nice because for most casual visitors who can do stairs, it would be faster and easier to take the stairs everywhere except Topolinos)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!