Riviera Rooms with a View

I am just getting started looking at rooms to request for our Dec. trip. Was looking at the floor plans at touring plans but they don't seem to show the elevators and people have been saying they are down the hall somewhere. Is there a floor plan that shows the location of the elevators as I have mobility issues and usually request near lobby and elevators. Thanks for any help provided,

I heard on a podcast that PV are the pool and CBR views...so I think it was already mentioned that SV may have the Fireworks views.

I booked PV for 2 nights this November and PV was all that was available. I would rather not look over the pool...noisy?

Is there a over map view of the resort and does anyone know who they identified the different sections of the resort for room request. Thanks.

@UrsulaWantsYourSoul and I created a map with room numbers. We used information from this thread to make the map. If there are any errors, post and we can update the map.View attachment 505726
Does anyone think that Riviera will eventually redo the room view categories to like, Epcot View, pool view, and standard view? Right now some standard views are way better than the preferred views. lol

Does anyone think that Riviera will eventually redo the room view categories to like, Epcot View, pool view, and standard view? Right now some standard views are way better than the preferred views. lol

I think what is more likely is that after 5 years or so they revisit and simply add a category to split up the preferred more like BWV. The points are the same but at least you are locked in to a specific option. Likely too hard to balance the room divisions.

The map is interesting to look at.

Last edited:
I think what is more likely is that after 5 years or so they revisit and simply add a category to split up the preferred more like BWV. The points are the same but at least you are locked in to a specific option. Likely too hard to balance the room divisions.
I guess but some of the standard views with lower point costs than the preferred have the best views of the epcot world showcase fireworks.

I guess but some of the standard views with lower point costs than the preferred have the best views of the epcot world showcase fireworks.
I'm excited for more and more view shots to fill up this thread for better informed fireworks views per room.
We will certainly do our part when we go!
Here are the other floors - taken from dvc info's forums (1,2,3 & 9).
8 is always the first digit, then floor number then the generic last two digits.
Once someone can verify the one @JavaDuck posted above is correct, I can fill out the others (though it's easy enough to extrapolate). Thanks @TinkerBellLiz for finding an error - fixed!
Note: The first two floors, the Grand Villas become (from left to right) 02, 04, 06 and 90, 92

Last edited:

Can you request a dedicated one bedroom?
Yes, you can, with the understanding that it’s not guaranteed to be granted.

BTW the only issue we’ve had with lock off one bedrooms or studios is noise coming under the connecting door (which is a locked double door). We just put pillows or rolled up towels at the bottom, and that seems to take care of the problem.

I heard on a podcast that PV are the pool and CBR views...so I think it was already mentioned that SV may have the Fireworks views.

I booked PV for 2 nights this November and PV was all that was available. I would rather not look over the pool...noisy?

Is there a over map view of the resort and does anyone know who they identified the different sections of the resort for room request. Thanks.
I would think if you are on a high floor PV overlooking the pool, the noise would not be an issue.

We're arrive in a cpl wks, can anyone currently staying at the Riviera confirm if Bar Riva & Le Petite Cafe are open for sit down dining or is it just to go? ....Also, have the pools areas been crowded to all? Any pics, would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Last edited:
Thank you! I thought there were two towers so I was having problems locating the second one. So if you have a tower studio room you will be close to the Skyliner because there is only one tower?

correct you will be close to the skyliner.

Correct!

while the room is smaller the bathroom is pretty large and I think you get two blaconies right or is it just the 1?

From everything I've seen it's just one. If we have a room that faces the parking lot I doubt we will use it very much.

We are only going for a long weekend so we will be spending a lot of time in the parks. We are still over-the-top excited to have gotten to move to the Riviera for the price we paid.

From everything I've seen it's just one. If we have a room that faces the parking lot I doubt we will use it very much.

We are only going for a long weekend so we will be spending a lot of time in the parks. We are still over-the-top excited to have gotten to move to the Riviera for the price we paid.
Oh it'll be awesome to stay there! Where were you originally booked? I think the balcony just might be larger then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!