Rivers of bore

I thought that the "Awakenings" (or whatever it's called) projection on the tree was pretty awesome. I would stay for that alone and then grab a non-FP seat for ROL. It's worth seeing at least once IMO.

I'm not necessarily opposed to seeing them, they're just not a priority for me, and since these days priorities aren't even all getting done, it's a tough sell. If someone else in my group wants to see it we'll make it fit!

Matt

Again, this thread is not about the boat ride in Pandora.

I realize that. I was just bringing home the fact that different people like different things, and was using both ROL and Pandora as examples. If you read my post, I never mentioned the boat ride - i was referring to the outdoor areas of Pandora that many people said were fantastic at night

The show is OK, I agree with a pp that it seemed like when they removed the show elements that weren't working that we lost cohesion, the visuals are beautiful, but the story just doesn't seem cohesive or complete at all. I also had a hard time seeing some of the show elements, especially the water effects. We will see it again if we happen to be there, but neither one of us feels the need to purposely work our plans around it.

The tree awakenings however, were so well done, I would see them over and over.

If you go in expecting anything like DCA's WOC you will be very disappointed, but they are not meant to be the same type of show at all.

I liked it. I wouldn't plan my entire day at AK around it, but I'm glad to see it. It's pretty calm and relaxing...as long as you aren't expecting a fireworks-type of show I would think that most people would enjoy it.

The seating is the worst part of the show. Those bleachers kill my back! And getting in and out is pretty time consuming.

Agreed!! The seating is terrible, and the rows are way too close together. If you are over, say 5’7” there is absolutely no room for your knees & you have to sit kinda sideways

I just returned from a trip and didn't get a chance to see ROL. Our AK night, we decided to head back to MK for a second viewing of HEA. Our daughter's fav. Sounds like a good choice.

I thought it was a bore and a complete waste of time. My family felt the same. I honestly find the dated Electrical Water Pageant to be more engaging - although nostalgia plays a role there to be sure.

It was pretty, and much needed in AK. However, it was LONG and the seats are incredibly uncomfortable. I wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes.

That being said, I won't wait, at all, for F!. THAT show annoys the hell out of me.

Now that is a take you don't see often. Many regarded the Jungle Book temporary as terrible.

We thought the Jungle Book show was MUCH better!

The funny thing is, some, all? of the water projections are the same, but they fit the JB theme so much better.

We especially enjoyed the musicians of the JB show. Mind, we still didn't think it was on par with Wishes, but I would be happy to see it again. I'm not going to say I'll never see ROL again, but I won't feel bad about skipping it.

I think it's lovely. I adore the floats and the water dancing with the lights.

I don't like F! though. And most do. Different strokes and all that
I agree with both points! ROL is pretty with the floats and flowers and the dancing lights. Its a different type of show, which i appreciate.
And I too dont like Fantasmic. Not a fan at all. I find it rather dull to be honest. But hey, everyone is different. The nice thing about disney is that there's something for everyone.

It was cute but we wouldn't see it again. I think the music is lovely but it need something extra. I know they can't do fire works because of the animals but it just needs to be amped up a bit. I just don't know what I would add to make it better.

It was cute but we wouldn't see it again. I think the music is lovely but it need something extra. I know they can't do fire works because of the animals but it just needs to be amped up a bit. I just don't know what I would add to make it better.

Quarter fed water cannons to let the audience get the performers wet? FoP FP+ to the person who soaks the most performers?

It has a good foundation but is not emotionally captivating...just like most flawed things, it needs a revision to it so they can keep what works and take out the (majority) of things that don’t.

Edit: My mistake!

Last edited:
It's always good to try something once. You never know what you're going to like. We tried it knowing there were mixed reviews. I thought it was pretty, and I'm glad I did it, but I would be fine to not do it again. However, my 9 y/o DS thought it was "the most beautiful thing I've ever seen". So obviously, he wants to do it again lol! I've notices on this thread that a lot of 9 y/o like it. There must be something to it!

Some people are never happy. If it’s not going 50 MPH it's not fun.
Not true. I originally thought this was about Na'vi River Journey and it's really slow. I like Na'vi. I'm not particularly fond of ROL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter