Rivers of Light --- Almost Ready for Prime Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
1) I went to the Exec Preview of RoL.
2) The Show actually came off pretty well
. . . boats seemed to run properly
. . . the water-curtain (the background water spray) finally had enough pressure to show the graphics
. . . it APPEARS to have most, if not all the bugs, worked out
3) There is no date for an official opening.
4) However, there was talk about a unique Soft Opening.
. . . no dates were discussed when to start the shows, or how long the trial period will last *
. . . these will not be like other attraction Soft Openings
. . . there will be zero-zip-nada advance announcements (so asking CM's at AK will not help)
. . . there will be no meal deals/packages for reserved seating
. . . the show will just start after a brief local announcement
. . . people can simply walk onto the seats (first-come-first-served)
5) Basically, pay attention and hopefully you will be in the area when they throw-a-show.

* Some people put forth the theory they would wait until Earth-Day-2017 for the official show-start. But, April does seem a bit of a long time away (to me), especially with all the embarrassing delays.

Last edited:
So, do you think it's too much to hope for Thanksgiving week??? Thanks for the update!!

I hope the have some previews soon, why would they wait until earth day when they've spent so much money.

So they don't seem to be too confident in its dependability...it would seem.

Here's another question: is this thing...all this hoopla...Fantasmic set to the lion king?

...did I miss that?

I hope the have some previews soon, why would they wait until earth day when they've spent so much money.

Because it gives them more shakedown time and it seems
Fairy obvious that they have been dealing with severe design and/or technological issues.

Well...this is more promising for us than DVC or AP only previews...we're already planning multiple rides on EE in the evening on our AK day, so at least we'll be close if they do make the announcement...hoping for some pixie dust :tink:

1) I went to the Exec Preview of RoL.
2) The Show actually came off pretty well
. . . boats seemed to run properly
. . . the water-curtain (the background water spray) finally had enough pressure to show the graphics
. . . it APPEARS to have most, if not all the bugs, worked out
3) There is no date for an official opening.
4) However, there was talk about a unique Soft Opening.
. . . no dates were discussed when to start the shows, or how long the trial period will last *
. . . these will not be like other attraction Soft Openings
. . . there will be zero-zip-nada advance announcements (so asking CM's at AK will not help)
. . . there will be no meal deals/packages for reserved seating
. . . the show will just start after a brief local announcement
. . . people can simply walk onto the seats (first-come-first-served)
5) Basically, pay attention and hopefully you will be in the area when they throw-a-show.

* Some people put forth the theory they would wait until Earth-Day-2017 for the official show-start. But, April does seem a bit of a long time away (to me), especially with all the embarrassing delays.
thanks
im pretty excited for this show
this will help the nighttime offerings

thanks
im pretty excited for this show
this will help the nighttime offerings

I agree...if they have done a good job with the lighting in the avatar section - which you would assume they have - and the new show is solid...there could be a lot of charm to the park at night.

I think the after hours charm property wide has decreased the last few years...probably as they look to shorten hours and de-emphasize expenditures on those little touches

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!