Rivers of Light --- Almost Ready for Prime Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
My trip is in early March, so it sure would be nice if they would let us reserve FP+.
No one knows if the show will actually be running when you go. I'm guessing FP+ won't option until this show is up and running without issue for at least a couple of weeks.

After watching that video, I will say that I'm impressed. Anything better than the Jungle Book will make me happy, and that was impressive. I feel like this show will be like World of Color where it will be much better in person than on video. Could the show be longer? Yes. However, when I judge it with how long Illuminations, Wishes, Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, and the parades are, it runs about the same amount of time. I calculated the show at about 15 1/2 minutes roughly which is longer than most of the shows I listed above. Overall, I'm happy with it, and I am really looking forward to seeing it in person. Hopefully it officially opens soon!

After watching that video, I will say that I'm impressed. Anything better than the Jungle Book will make me happy, and that was impressive. I feel like this show will be like World of Color where it will be much better in person than on video. Could the show be longer? Yes. However, when I judge it with how long Illuminations, Wishes, Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, and the parades are, it runs about the same amount of time. I calculated the show at about 15 1/2 minutes roughly which is longer than most of the shows I listed above. Overall, I'm happy with it, and I am really looking forward to seeing it in person. Hopefully it officially opens soon!
Wishes and Illuminations are actually shorter than this show. Both somewhere around 12 minutes. This shows was originally 22, then cut down to 18 for the CM previews, and now 15.

Wishes and Illuminations are actually shorter than this show. Both somewhere around 12 minutes. This shows was originally 22, then cut down to 18 for the CM previews, and now 15.
Yeah. I realize that. Everything can change though. It could have gotten to the point where Disney realized that the technology they were using for certain parts of the show were not going to work which is why they had to cut certain sections. It's important to think that the CM previews are still "previews." Anything is still up in the air and can be changed up until opening date. I know one of the complaints I read from CM previews that people thought there wasn't a clear "finale." This video looked like they had a clear finale to me. In fact, Disney can turn around and add more after the show officially debuts like they have done with World of Color often. I'm assuming they can utilize that technology with this show in a way. I'm just excited for this show in general. Animal Kingdom is my favorite park at WDW, and I'm just excited that coming May 27, AK is going to be a full day park in my opinion with the addition of Avatar.

I think no matter how great (or not great) the show is, it will never live up to the expectations. That's sort of what you get when you drag things out as long as they have with this.

I think no matter how great (or not great) the show is, it will never live up to the expectations. That's sort of what you get when you drag things out as long as they have with this.
I agree but they didn't drag it out on purpose.

I'm wondering how crazy the crowds would be for AK this summer. Looks like ROL will be up and running before Pandora is open but both of them up and running at the same time? I'm fearing the crowds lol

I'm not going to sugar-coat this, that show is a boring mess. The floats just float around, there's no real story, it just feels like a longer version of the globe part of Illuminations (with better water fountains).

I'm honestly confused. How are there videos showing up online of this show? I thought Disney had a rule that there isn't any filming allowed at previews?

I'm not going to sugar-coat this, that show is a boring mess. The floats just float around, there's no real story, it just feels like a longer version of the globe part of Illuminations (with better water fountains).
Wow, I feel thats a bit harsh. Disney exactly was going for the globe portion of Illuminations. They wanted grand and elegant. This fits that. I think many of us are used to in your face laser, and pyro. This show is not that.

I for one, CANNOT WAIT!!! Something new, beautiful and unique to do at the best themed, most beautiful park!
Win Win Win. It does not have to hit any high bar for me. It will be Disney magic and will add to the trip experience in a unique way. I will however not enjoy a long wait struggle. Hoping fastpass and or packages are up and going quickly. Ill be in the world feb 27 for 12 days!

Wow, I feel thats a bit harsh. Disney exactly was going for the globe portion of Illuminations. They wanted grand and elegant. This fits that. I think many of us are used to in your face laser, and pyro. This show is not that.
I don't need lasers and pyro, I want what they promised in the presentation at D23 -- I want magic, I want "wow" moments! It can be elegant and grand, I just want it to feel special. Maybe it doesn't translate to video well and it's better in person, but even with all the cuts I knew they'd made, I still went into watching it hoping (knowing) I'd love it. It sucked to be disappointed.

I don't need lasers and pyro, I want what they promised in the presentation at D23 -- I want magic, I want "wow" moments! It can be elegant and grand, I just want it to feel special. Maybe it doesn't translate to video well and it's better in person, but even with all the cuts I knew they'd made, I still went into watching it hoping (knowing) I'd love it. It sucked to be disappointed.
I think a big part of it is it's been delayed so long so our expectations are even higher than before. Personally I felt it had two wow type moments but both were before the finale. I also think it will look better in person than on video.

I agree but they didn't drag it out on purpose.
Of course they didn't drag it out on purpose. But we have absolutely no idea why they had the delays they did. Were they not given the budget they needed? Were they not given the A team of Imagineers? Were they trying to accomplish the impossible plunking a major show in the middle of an already built park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!