RIVERS OF LIGHT DINING PACKAGES

I have a ROL Tusker House breakfast starting at 8:05am. There are extra Magic Hours at the Animal Kingdom that day, so the parks open at 8:00am for guests. Will I be able to get in the park earlier in order to make sure that we make it to the reservation, or will we have to fight the opening gate crowds to get there in just a few minutes?

For reservations occurring at or before park opening, there is usually a cast member off to one side who can check you in and let you through before the park officially opens. I would arrive by 7:30, at the latest, in order to check in at the gate, walk over to Tusker House and then check in at the restaurant, as well.

For reservations occurring at or before park opening, there is usually a cast member off to one side who can check you in and let you through before the park officially opens. I would arrive by 7:30, at the latest, in order to check in at the gate, walk over to Tusker House and then check in at the restaurant, as well.
Thanks so much!

I'm waiting to reserve this for the week between Christmas and New Year's. Today was my 180 day window. I got a lot of reservations but NO packages available to book that week (at least the ones I wanted) yet. It is so frustrating to have to check daily for these things. If they list them on their website, they really should be available to book or at least say "you can book this on or about ___ date." I also wish Disney would set up alerts for those of us waiting to book specific things. It seems like a company as big as they are could easily set up text or email alerts for guests waiting to book specific things.

I'm waiting to reserve this for the week between Christmas and New Year's. Today was my 180 day window. I got a lot of reservations but NO packages available to book that week (at least the ones I wanted) yet. It is so frustrating to have to check daily for these things. If they list them on their website, they really should be available to book or at least say "you can book this on or about ___ date." I also wish Disney would set up alerts for those of us waiting to book specific things. It seems like a company as big as they are could easily set up text or email alerts for guests waiting to book specific things.
I made the reservations for Tusker House at the 180 mark and didn't initially have ROL, I only added the ROL about a month ago. I tried to switch it to ROL when I finally realized it was available. Because the restaurant was booked, I wasn't able to switch it and took the risk of completely cancelling my existing reservation to replace it with a ROL one. Thankfully it worked. Maybe it will work for you too?!

I made the reservations for Tusker House at the 180 mark and didn't initially have ROL, I only added the ROL about a month ago. I tried to switch it to ROL when I finally realized it was available. Because the restaurant was booked, I wasn't able to switch it and took the risk of completely cancelling my existing reservation to replace it with a ROL one. Thankfully it worked. Maybe it will work for you too?!
I am hoping that works for us as well. I reserved a lunch at Tusker House and hope to cancel and grab a ROL package whenever December becomes available...

I am hoping that works for us as well. I reserved a lunch at Tusker House and hope to cancel and grab a ROL package whenever December becomes available...
Just a heads up, when I went to book the ROL package there was no availability for the package. I even called Disney for help in this in hopes that they could just upgrade my existing reservation. They didn't help. It was not until I cancelled our original dining reservation that the ROL was available for my party of 5. I was very scared in doing this because I was afraid I would lose our reservation completely, but Praise the Lord it worked out for us and we got the ROL package.

I dropped a reservation for 14 to Tusker house and when the availability popped up for ROL the largest reservation was for 10. Whoops! I'll just keep checking. Reservations like to fall out as hoarders firm up their plans. :)

We're hoping they release first week of November soon. Our trip is Halloween week, so it straddles Oct and Nov. Was able to get Oct 31 ROL Package, but would really rather trade it in for Nov 2...:surfweb: Would be nice if they released by full weeks instead of months.... ah well...either way, I suppose someone wouldn't be happy....if only they could release everything in time for the 180 day ADR dates...now that might make everyone happy! :laughing:

Is November ROL packages coming out anytime soon?

Also does anyone have a link to see the up to date calendar? Thanks.

Last edited:
Is November ROL packages coming out anytime soon?

Also does anyone have a link to see the up to date calendar? Thanks.
I wish they would, I'm looking for Nov 2. But since they just released October times a week or so ago, I doubt it will be real soon.

I wish they would, I'm looking for Nov 2. But since they just released October times a week or so ago, I doubt it will be real soon.

On the Disney website under "Know Before You Go", it says:
  • The dining packages for Rivers of Light are released as showtimes are confirmed, which is approximately 3 months in advance. We understand that this does not align with other dining reservation booking windows, and apologize for any confusion this may cause.

I'm waiting for December also. This will be my last ADR except for the Dessert parties. Thinking about doing the Frozen one at EPCOT or if they have one at HS. Haven't decided completely yet.

I'm waiting for December also. This will be my last ADR except for the Dessert parties. Thinking about doing the Frozen one at EPCOT or if they have one at HS. Haven't decided completely yet.
I'd be happy with Nov!

I liked to get reservations at Tusker House for the ROL Dinner Package for the end of October. Is the lunch and dinner menu exactly the same at Tusker House?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!