Rivers of Light lunch package at Tiffins vs. Dinner at Tiffins

midnight star

DIS Veteran
My friend and I are trying to figure out which option would be better. We will be at AK on January 24. We don't have hoppers, so we prefer eating dinner inside the park. This day is also my friend's birthday, so we want to eat something fancy. We booked a RoL package for lunch and just a regular dinner reservation. We obviously won't be doing both, but will cancel one once we figure out what we want to do. Which do you think would be better?

We like the idea of the lunch package and getting a show.
But with dinner, you aren't stuck with a prefixe menu.

Any other pros and cons?
Thank you!

*We are super newbies to WDW, so all of these dining options is a little overwhelming*

I think you might as well do the show package if you are going to eat there. The entree portions aren’t huge, so you probably will want three courses anyway.

Prix Fixe is good because you can get your money's worth if you like at least one of each of the items (appetizer, entree, dessert + non-alcoholic beverage)

If you do dinner (which is fine too), your bill is probably going to end up a lot bigger than the prix fixe.

I think you might as well do the show package if you are going to eat there. The entree portions aren’t huge, so you probably will want three courses anyway.
Prix Fixe is good because you can get your money's worth if you like at least one of each of the items (appetizer, entree, dessert + non-alcoholic beverage)

If you do dinner (which is fine too), your bill is probably going to end up a lot bigger than the prix fixe.
Can you purchase alcohol for an extra price since it isn't included in the dining package?

The ROL package includes the whole menu, you can choose any appetizer, entree, and dessert. If you think you'll be ordering one of the more expensive entrees (surf and turf, short rib) I'd definitely go for the package - you can save a good amount of money.

Look at the menu & check prices on what you want to eat. The surf & turf alone is almost the price of the package, then you're still getting a drink, app, & desert. If you aren't wanting one of the more expensive entrees, it's less of a value. It does also free you up to make additional fast passes since you have one for the show already. Great food & one of my favorite restaurants, just do the math

I'm looking now to trying to see if there is a dinner one. There is a 4:15, but since we have the 3:25, it's trying to make me cancel my existing. I am scared we will lose it while I check.
We are going Sep, and thinking to do the Tiffins dinner package for ROL too. We'll be on the dining plan, any idea what the package includes with the dining plan? I do know it's two table service credits, but does it include also an appetizer, as it's the package?

We are going Sep, and thinking to do the Tiffins dinner package for ROL too. We'll be on the dining plan, any idea what the package includes with the dining plan? I do know it's two table service credits, but does it include also an appetizer, as it's the package?
I think the whole package (including appetizer) is 2 table credits.

*If that's wrong, please someone correct me. I'm new to WDW, and am still getting used to everything lol*

When we went a few years ago, we had appetizer, entree, and dessert off the whole menu. We definitely saved money. I would go for that....

Also, if you are looking at a conflicting dining time (the 3 and 4 o'clock times) then you won't lose one until you click confirm. If you really want to change, it won't be a problem.

I think the whole package (including appetizer) is 2 table credits.

*If that's wrong, please someone correct me. I'm new to WDW, and am still getting used to everything lol*

That's correct. So when you're on the regular DDP you get an appetizer with the ROL package that you wouldn't if dining at Tiffins without the package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!