Rivers of Light....one and done???

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
Saw ROL in Dec 17 after it was open for several months....and wasnt blown away like Fantasmic of Illuminations. We havent seen it since ( have gone several times) saying it wasnt worth waiting around for....usually leave and have dinner and see Fantasmic at DHS. This time bringing others who haven't seen ROL...have they tweaked it....has it become a MUST SEE???TIA

Saw ROL in Dec 17 after it was open for several months....and wasnt blown away like Fantasmic of Illuminations. We havent seen it since ( have gone several times) saying it wasnt worth waiting around for....usually leave and have dinner and see Fantasmic at DHS. This time bringing others who haven't seen ROL...have they tweaked it....has it become a MUST SEE???TIA

They have tweaked it by removing the live human performers from the show

Not worth it. Instead, spend your time walking around Pandora at night and then go watch the great tree lighting shows on the tree of life. Much better use of your time.

One and done!

I never tell people not to do it- rather I suggest people experience things firsthand and decide for themselves, but for us it was one and done.

We'll only see it a 2nd time if we're with family/friends in town who want to see it. Thankfully, that hasn't happened yet.

We prefer to beat the post-show rush out to the car ;)

One and done. Haven't seen it without the live performers, but have to believe that only hurt the show.

We finally just watched it but the only reason was because it was during after hours so we didn’t have to fight for a spot. Dh got bored during it. I thought it was pretty cool but I would be okay not seeing it again

Was a one and done for us last month. The one upside was that during the 1st show which was fairly full, the line for Expedition Everest was non-existent. The stand by time went from 35 minutes to 10 and in reality it was less than that. As soon as ROL let out, it went back to 30 and the line for EE was very busy. We went to the 2nd show which was maybe 1/4 full.

I don't think it has to be a one and done, but certainly not a must see. Not like 'Up!', which should be a none and done. Flights of Wonder was so much better.
Hahaha! I like your “None and done” comment about Up! They wrecked that bird show. I used to like it before they changed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter