Riverside 7 in 7

If you get a deal within budget, certainly give it a try! We had a room in Acadian House and it was nice but a bit worn. However, we were not in the room much and the grounds, buses, and amenities made up for it. We really enjoyed being able to take a boat to Disney Springs. It was a relaxing way to wind down an evening after dinner at Paddlefish. Absolutely lovely!

That's actually why we always end up switching, our budget changes and we love POP so it's never been a big deal really. That and we aren't "laze around the resort" people. BUT I do want to stay there one day! Thanks for your input. :)

My favorite part was when Pete commented on the lighting in the room . . . and what he almost expected to see until they turned on more lights - LOL!

I stayed at Riverside once - it was not my favorite. Our room was so far away from the main area - we were there for 5 nights and it took me 4 before I stopped getting lost! And I did think the rooms were dark - I especially didn't love the faux "wood" in the shower/tub area!

TexasErin, I am not sure what to say about which had the nicer rooms. Perhaps the mansion side was slightly fancier. I last stayed in them Oct 2013. It is really a personal opinion. For me, I prefer the more rustic look of the Alligator Bayou side as I think the theming is quite cute. The rooms themselves are laid out the same but the bed frames look like they are made out of thin logs and the light fixtures look like cute lanterns. Our first 3 stays were here as we are a family of 5. I love all the little pathways at AB and we often see bunnies, ducks and sometimes a toad. Be aware, though, that some of the buildings at AB can be quite a walk from the food court/lobby. I don’t think we rode the ferry to DTD until our fifth stay and now its one of our favourite things to do. So peaceful.

We stayed in Acadian House in Feb. 2017 and loved the resort as a whole. Such serene beauty -- especially early in the morning and at dusk. My wife is a dance teacher and her studio participates in Disney's Performing Arts program so we'll be staying at Riverside once again in Feb. 2019. We've not stayed in the Alligator Bayou side (and won't know which we'll be in for another couple weeks, but I'm hoping for it just to do something different). And I agree with a previous post: Get a map of the resort! It's huge and we got lost the first time we went looking for the room. Once our little one crashed I was able to sneak over to River Roost for a couple drinks and a ball game. Cool vibe. Great bartender. And Yehaa Bob is a trip! We never ate in the food court, but I had a steak at Boatwright's and it was cooked just as ordered, so no complaints. In summary, I'd recommend Riverside to anyone in a heartbeat. Can't wait to get back!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter