Riviera availability at 7 months

bianca

DIS Veteran
We are planning a January 2020 trip and are currently booked at Kidani. We were thinking of trying out the Riviera instead. I know the resort opens in December, but are ALL of the rooms available or just part of the resort? We've never stayed at a new resort before and were curious about availability. For the record, we will be booking a 2 bedroom in the event that improves our chances. Any speculation about our odds of getting a room the last week of January?

The availability of rooms depends on what DVC has declared into the DVC inventory out of the cash inventory. If it sells fast, then they will declare more rooms, but that also means that more owners will have Home Resort Booking Window as well. It's a double edged sword. If your looking for a 1 bedroom unit I don't think it will be a problem, but a studio might be.

The availability of rooms depends on what DVC has declared into the DVC inventory out of the cash inventory. If it sells fast, then they will declare more rooms, but that also means that more owners will have Home Resort Booking Window as well. It's a double edged sword. If your looking for a 1 bedroom unit I don't think it will be a problem, but a studio might be.

We will be booking a 2 bedroom. My thought is that if the pattern continues wherein people only buy enough points for studios, then we might be okay because of the larger point requirement for the room. Thinking maybe some Copper Creek owners can weigh in on how it went for them with the new resort.

I would add as they declare more inventory there it generally reopens a pool of rooms so stalking the site and having a waitlist in place helps.

For instance at CCV the last 3 decelerations opened up availability across the resort since those rooms were added

The good scenario would be that they declare more inventory within your 7 month window then you are on equal footing as the home resort owner.

I'll tell you the plain and simple truth - after signing on for several days in a row, I was finally able to snag a Riviera Studio. And I am walking it to where I want it, in early February.

It is a Preferred View studio. I'd rather have a Standard View Studio, or even a Tower View, since it is just going to be a quick vacation for my wife and I. But Tower Studios are booking out 100% before the 7 month window, and Standard Studios are also almost all booked out. The next chance I will really have to try again for a Standard View is February 1st, which is one year, to the day of when I want to check in. But as of now, pretty much every day for the rest of January is taken up, in the Standard Studios. So, by the time we get to Feb 1st, those dates also will probably no longer be available.

Booked a preferred view studio for March 2020 this morning. Was hoping for value studio - it was available one minute and was quickly gone.

I snagged a tower room at 7 months a couple of weeks ago...I’m on waitlist for a second night...no problem if it doesn’t come through as I have a BCV studio😂😂😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter