Riviera Discounted 40% with Disney Visa

Drewferin

DIS Veteran
Not sure if everybody saw the WDW News article:

Disney Visa Cardholders! You can now book a stay at the soon-to-be-opened Disney’s Riviera Resort with the opportunity to save up to 40% from your room rate.

Most nights between December 16, 2019 – March 31, 2020.

This has to mean they arent filling their rooms at Riviera as expected.. Maybe also lacking DVC sales at Riviera. Maybe the resale restrictions will be lifted here at some point.

This is very typical for the early life of a DVC resort.

It's priced like a deluxe with larger villas even more expensive: rack rates $900+ for a One Bedroom and $1300+ for a Two Bedroom. Meanwhile it's an unknown quantity with nobody ever having stayed there.

Any DVC resort that size is a 3-4 year sales project, meaning Disney will have hundreds of rooms to rent out to cash guests every night in 2020. And getting people to pay to stay in those rooms--even at a discounted price--can only help its DVC sales.

I can't find the offer on the Disney site, the Chase Visa site, the Chase Disney Rewards site, nor do I have an email. I'd really like to see the numbers and don't want to do it through a TA. Does anyone have a link?

Pricing similar to Bay Lake, cash bookings, I can see why they are having trouble filling it.

That tells me the DVC price is at least 40% more than it's worth
So, for 100 points it costs about $19k plus you are paying $800 dues per year.....the points chart is v.high so maybe 4-5 nights per year for that investment. I can’t make the numbers work to see why you would want this. It can only be for a non-financial decision?

So, for 100 points it costs about $19k plus you are paying $800 dues per year.....the points chart is v.high so maybe 4-5 nights per year for that investment. I can’t make the numbers work to see why you would want this. It can only be for a non-financial decision?

100 points would net a 6-7 night studio stay during Adventure, Choice or Dream seasons. Those dates in a Disney Deluxe resort will easily set you back $4000-5000 these days. Some discounting may be available but 40% is certainly not the norm.

You could stay cheaper in a Moderate or Value, but that's always been the case.

100 points would net a 6-7 night studio stay during Adventure, Choice or Dream seasons. Those dates in a Disney Deluxe resort will easily set you back $4000-5000 these days. Some discounting may be available but 40% is certainly not the norm.

I think the majority of rooms are preferred deluxe studios at 22.pts per night at the weekend for adventure

with this discount, 6 nights 2 adults 2 kids under 9, middle dining plan, and 4 day tickets was quoted 5268, for the last week in January. I actually thought that was quite reasonable (ish) bc our original plan was Poly and the exact same things were 6700. Hoping another discount drops tomorrow

with this discount, 6 nights 2 adults 2 kids under 9, middle dining plan, and 4 day tickets was quoted 5268, for the last week in January. I actually thought that was quite reasonable (ish) bc our original plan was Poly and the exact same things were 6700. Hoping another discount drops tomorrow

How did you get this quote? Did you have to call? I requested a quote through the TA listed in the article, and she quoted me the exact same price I see on the Disney website with no promo. When I asked if that was the price with discount, she said it was. (~6500 for 7 nights with 5 day tickets for 3 adults)

How did you get this quote? Did you have to call? I requested a quote through the TA listed in the article, and she quoted me the exact same price I see on the Disney website with no promo. When I asked if that was the price with discount, she said it was. (~6500 for 7 nights with 5 day tickets for 3 adults)
my TA emailed me this morning

this price is about 1500 less than the website showed without a promo

Is there anyway to get a quote for this discount besides going through a TA? I don't have set dates and just wanted to play around and see if anything decent came up.

I called Disney directly to ask for a price at DRR for one night, 3/15, with the Disney Visa discount. All that was available that night was a 2-bedroom. I didn't even ask for the price since it's just my husband and me.

I got 35% off at Yacht Club during DVC Magic Season back in August.

FYI- I called to book my trip and I was told that that the tower studios were not eligible for the VIsa discount. :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter