Riviera Information - Restaurants, Transportation and Reservations

I hadn’t seen this mentioned so I wanted to point out that on a tour I notice two important distinctions.

1. The pull down bed under the TV in the one bedroom and two bedroom living room is a FULL size twin bed! The pull down in the studio is the same as ones already in place at other resorts.
2. The Murphy beds have a different mattress than the real queen bed. It’s roughly half the thickness. This is different then the Murphy beds they installed at Pop Century we used last year that had identical mattresses.
#1 is interesting. As for #2 I assume the mattress on the Murphy bed is different than the actual bed but still very much a real mattress, right? I suspect the real bed is a deep mattress much thicker than those at Pop. And the one on the Murphy bed at Riviera is probably similar to the one at Pop.

#1 is interesting. As for #2 I assume the mattress on the Murphy bed is different than the actual bed but still very much a real mattress, right? I suspect the real bed is a deep mattress much thicker than those at Pop. And the one on the Murphy bed at Riviera is probably similar to the one at Pop.

From what I recall, the mattresses at Pop were very nice and thick. I would compare the queen regular bed mattress to Pop, maybe a slight upgrade. The Murphy bed is definitely a real mattress just much thinner. (Roughly half the thickness if I had to put a measure on it). I keep trying to attach the photo from my phone but it’s not working.

We did the tour last week and actually tried the Murphy bed. You are correct about the mattresses. The Murphy bed mattress is definitely a real mattress and is probably similar to the ones at Pop. It was very comfortable, certainly much better than the pullouts.

Looking forward to staying at Riviera in a Deluxe Studio, the Tower Studio is too small for us. The pool design really looks lovely. So, the first opportunity to book is Dec 9th?:confused3Hoping for a night or two in February or March!:banana:

Looking forward to staying at Riviera in a Deluxe Studio, the Tower Studio is too small for us. The pool design really looks lovely. So, the first opportunity to book is Dec 9th?:confused3Hoping for a night or two in February or March!:banana:
The first opportunity for owners to book was 4/10. The first opportunity for non owners to book is May 16th, I believe. First occupancy is December 16th. We miss it by a week.:worried:

Hoping to book for next September.

not really, as there is an extra murphy bed
I see the extra twin pull down bed in the second bedroom for the lock-off unit. Does anyone know if the couch is a couch bed or a Murphy bed? It looks different from the one in the living room of the 2 BR lock-off.

I see the extra twin pull down bed in the second bedroom for the lock-off unit. Does anyone know if the couch is a couch bed or a Murphy bed? It looks different from the one in the living room of the 2 BR lock-off.
It is a murphy bed also. Have you watched the videos of the models? It is a model of the one bedroom and a studio, so essentially a 2 bedroom lock-off. Here is one that goes thru them both slowly.

I hope that the video helps. I watched the video while looking at the floor plan so that I could try to figure it all out. When I saw the occupancy numbers, I had to go back and compare floor plans and finally figured out the they were actually counting that additional smaller murphy bed; which is great!

A 2br lock off is just a studio and a 1br so the second bedroom is a studio. The couch is a pull down Murphy bed in both the studio side and the 1 br living area.

I wonder if it worth visiting on the " no park day" of future trips. Maybe start by a round if minigolf at Fantasia, then visit the Epcot resort area, then take the skyway to Rivieia, then end at DHS. Has anyone seen any menu for any restaurant at Riviera ?

It is a murphy bed also. Have you watched the videos of the models? It is a model of the one bedroom and a studio, so essentially a 2 bedroom lock-off. Here is one that goes thru them both slowly.
A 2br lock off is just a studio and a 1br so the second bedroom is a studio. The couch is a pull down Murphy bed in both the studio side and the 1 br living area.
Thank you! Of course, I should have reaized this. I got confused when I looked at the room layout because the sofa looked different.

Floorplans attached.

not really, as there is an extra murphy bed
Well, according to what I see on the floor plans posted by crvetter the dedicated 2 br. does not show a Murphy bed in the second bedroom and under occupancy it says “sleeps 9,” whereas the floor plan for the lock off says “sleeps 10” and shows a Murphy bed in the studio - if these floor plans are wrong, can you link the ones you are looking at?
Thanks.

Well, according to what I see on the floor plans posted by crvetter the dedicated 2 br. does not show a Murphy bed in the second bedroom and under occupancy it says “sleeps 9,” whereas the floor plan for the lock off says “sleeps 10” and shows a Murphy bed in the studio - if these floor plans are wrong, can you link the ones you are looking at?
Thanks.

That is what they were referring to. The lock off sleeps 10 because there's the Murphy bed in the studio section so it sleeps 5 in that room and the 1br also sleeps 5. The dedicated 2br does not have the Murphy bed to accommodate 5 in the second bedroom.

That is what they were referring to. The lock off sleeps 10 because there's the Murphy bed in the studio section so it sleeps 5 in that room and the 1br also sleeps 5. The dedicated 2br does not have the Murphy bed to accommodate 5 in the second bedroom.
Ah - I misread the response :rotfl2:
Thanks for clarifying for me, now I’m curious if other resorts have differences between the 2 br. lock off and dedicated villas.
Looks like VGF has the same 9/10.

Last edited:
Ah - I misread the response :rotfl2:
Thanks for clarifying for me, now I’m curious if other resorts have differences between the 2 br. lock off and dedicated villas.
Looks like VGF has the same 9/10.

I think it's only VGF as they are the only other resort with the single Murphy bed in both the studio and 1 br.

I hope that the video helps. I watched the video while looking at the floor plan so that I could try to figure it all out. When I saw the occupancy numbers, I had to go back and compare floor plans and finally figured out the they were actually counting that additional smaller murphy bed; which is great!
Wow, thanks so much for posting. Those rooms are really beautiful!

I have to say this is making me think. We have not bought into DVC (yet), but if we did we were thinking about GF resale. This video has such a similar look and feel to GF, and with incentives it would be almost the same to purchase here direct instead of GF resale. Not to mention a lower point chart. And a later deed expiration. Hmmmm...

The first opportunity for owners to book was 4/10. The first opportunity for non owners to book is May 16th, I believe. First occupancy is December 16th. We miss it by a week.:worried:
Wow, May 16th is coming soon, around the corner. Very eager to hear some feedback as members stay..hoping for a night or two to check it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter