Riviera No Spa?

zakdavid

Mouseketeer
One thing I have been wondering is why they didn't put a spa in if it is the "Grand Floridian of Epcot". Any thoughts?

I don’t know but I was a bit disappointed too. I think it would have been a great addition to it!

I don’t know but I was a bit disappointed too. I think it would have been a great addition to it!
It would have made sense. It would have better accessibility from other resorts due to the Skyliner than say SSR and VGF. I’m not sure how high Spa demand is at WDW. I haven’t been to one yet. Maybe someday.

We visit Senses at least once a year for a spa service and when I lived in Florida, I would get my haircut at Ivy Trellis. It is my understanding that the spas and salons do okay, however, services have been consolidated across property over the years because of lack of guest interest. It is easy to reserve a same day appointment because availability tends to be good and reservations that are made are often cancelled in favor of additional park time. Senses and Ship Shape are bolstered by bridal and business guests.

A SPA would be run by Disney, with costs and profits all belonging to them. So the simple reason they didn't add it is because they don't think it would be profitable. Probably the existing SPAs still have capacity.

Actually, there is a place at the Yacht Club to get massages and things. I went in January. Maybe this is why? Just a quick Skyliner ride away!

Actually, there is a place at the Yacht Club to get massages and things. I went in January. Maybe this is why? Just a quick Skyliner ride away!
Out of curiosity how does that compare in service and price point with going to Senses?

Out of curiosity how does that compare in service and price point with going to Senses?

Price and service for the massage was the same, Same DVC discount...which at the time was 40% odd, I have only done Senses at Grand Floridian, not SSR.

I just went right into the room and left right after but I don’t think it has the same before and after relaxation areas as those.

But, for what I wanted, it was great!

There is also a spa at the Dolphin, so that may have played into the decision too. There are already two spas in the Boardwalk area. Just a thought...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!