Riviera Resale Potential

I know a lot of people say to buy at a resort that you like but I've only been to Orlando once and plan to start going much more frequently like once a year. Seems kinds pricy to stay at different resorts for a few years before I find one that I want to buy. Seems like that would take away from some of the added benefits in DVC. Do I just need to schedule some tours?
We bought sight unseen at ccv. Never been to wdw. My only experience with Disney was Disneyland. We had my first welcome home stay this December and love it. I was worried initially what if I don’t like ccv since it is not located on the monorail. However after resort hopping hubby and I actually find for mk resort ccv is our favorite. We didn’t care for the monorail resorts. If I had to truly pick one I would think it will be poly. That’s just because Ohana’s there. We love the dinner! We ended up adding more points and bought in at riviera as we enjoy the skyliner (we are aware of the restrictions and well aware that the skyliner can be out of service however what mode of transportation won’t breakdown?). Basically at wdw we enjoy riding the boats and skyliner. Monorail is ok but it gets too crowded and the bus is not that bad.

We bought sight unseen at ccv. Never been to wdw. My only experience with Disney was Disneyland. We had my first welcome home stay this December and love it. I was worried initially what if I don’t like ccv since it is not located on the monorail. However after resort hopping hubby and I actually find for mk resort ccv is our favorite. We didn’t care for the monorail resorts. If I had to truly pick one I would think it will be poly. That’s just because Ohana’s there. We love the dinner! We ended up adding more points and bought in at riviera as we enjoy the skyliner (we are aware of the restrictions and well aware that the skyliner can be out of service however what mode of transportation won’t breakdown?). Basically at wdw we enjoy riding the boats and skyliner. Monorail is ok but it gets too crowded and the bus is not that bad.
I wanted to add each individual is different so def do extensive research. I did except we purchased prior to ever visiting wdw. Definitely buy where you might feel comfortable and don’t mind staying.

I know a lot of people say to buy at a resort that you like but I've only been to Orlando once and plan to start going much more frequently like once a year. Seems kinds pricy to stay at different resorts for a few years before I find one that I want to buy. Seems like that would take away from some of the added benefits in DVC. Do I just need to schedule some tours?

They don’t really offer tours of the resorts, but you can plan visits there to get a feel.

Another thing is to review videos online and think about priorities. There are MK area resorts, EPcot area resorts, Disney Springs area resorts, and the AKV.

Do you want a place with easier park access? More resort time? Lowest buy in and fees? The biggest piece is to rule out more what you don’t like because you may find plenty you do.

Expiration date may play a role too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter