Riviera resale restrictions lifting: possible

ElizabethCB

Mouseketeer
I had an interesting conversation with a DVC salesperson today. They called to follow up after I had watched the Riviera video a few months ago.

I told him that I wasn't interested in Riviera points because of the resale restrictions. He said that he was on a call earlier this week in which numerous DVC sales reps were raising the concerns they were hearing about the issue. He said at least three times that he expects to see a change coming on the resale restrictions very, very soon.

Who knows whether or not this is true. Just thought you all might be interested!

Could be a lie or could be true.

Hopefully it's true.

I also wonder what percentage of owners who might add on have resale points and thus could never combine points as well. Which I doubt they ever change.

I had an interesting conversation with a DVC salesperson today. They called to follow up after I had watched the Riviera video a few months ago.

I told him that I wasn't interested in Riviera points because of the resale restrictions. He said that he was on a call earlier this week in which numerous DVC sales reps were raising the concerns they were hearing about the issue. He said at least three times that he expects to see a change coming on the resale restrictions very, very soon.

Who knows whether or not this is true. Just thought you all might be interested!
Yes the restrictions will be extended to the resale of the legacy 14 DVC resorts too !!!!!!

I think we should all call and be interested and say we would buy but for the restrictions. We rode past it on the Skyliner and like many, many, many other owners would consider but for the restrictions. They won't listen otherwise. If the bottom line isn't impacted, they won't act.

Interesting conversation but I am not sure that I believe it or should say, won’t believe it until it’s announced,

My prediction, however, if this was ever to come to pass, is that they will allow RIV resale to be used at new resorts as well, but not grant it back to L14.

I could see lawsuits coming from owners who sold cheap because of the restrictions.

Possibly..but, given that there is language that allows them to remove the restrictions, which those owners signed when they bought, it might be tough to say one was deceived

I could see lawsuits coming from owners who sold cheap because of the restrictions.
Possibly..but, given that there is language that allows them to remove the restrictions, which those owners signed when they bought, it might be tough to say one was deceived
Probably wouldn't cost much now to just make those people whole. Can't believe there are very many of them.

FWIW, I personally don't think it will happen and is just wishful thinking on the part of some sales guides. DVD is in this for the long haul.

Probably wouldn't cost much now to just make those people whole. Can't believe there are very many of them.

FWIW, I personally don't think it will happen and is just wishful thinking on the part of some sales guides. DVD is in this for the long haul.
I agree. It would make life a little easier for the guides but I would be shocked if they did this, especially before the resort even opens.

If they do lift them can anyone confirm that they cannot reinstate them unilaterally? It wouldn't seem fair but the language, if I recall, simply started that it is their choice.

I'll they do lift them I'll book a tour in may when I'm there.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there isn’t some hidden loop hole for Disney to reverse the resales restrictions. Would be very easy to grandfather in current owners.

I wouldn't place much stock in what the salesperson said. While it might (probably) be true that other agents on the call have reported sales resistance because of the restrictions, it doesn't mean that a change is in the offing.

As somebody up-thread recommended, tell your agent to call you (only) when a change is officially made.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there isn’t some hidden loop hole for Disney to reverse the resales restrictions. Would be very easy to grandfather in current owners.
Not an hidden loop. In Riviera contracts there is explicitly written that they may decide at any point to revert the restrictions (or add even more). Every buyer has signed that.

You do not think Disney would be so sneaky to reverse decision on Riviera resale for now and after the resort is close to selling out, put them back on-----Or would they?

If they did reverse their restrictions I wonder if they would up the price per point. I can’t see them taking away restrictions without adding different restrictions or upping the costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!