Riviera Resale-Wow?

I hated RIV from the concept art. Absolutely one of those who complained that it was a generic luxury hotel, no Disney magic, etc. But man... the more I reflect on the hours spent there last January, the more I kinda like the place. Love it, even.
One of the things we like about Riviera is that the Disney touches are subtle but very well done. It’s not over the top in your face but it’s there and tastefully done. I think DVC needed a property like Riviera in it’s portfolio and it’s a great addition. Different strokes broadens appeal.

Anyone else notice that the incentives for CCV and Aulani are not insignificantly better than Riv right now?

Given that the incentives used to be the same Riv may be doing fairly well, which bodes well for the resale market.

Anyone else notice that the incentives for CCV and Aulani are not insignificantly better than Riv right now?

Given that the incentives used to be the same Riv may be doing fairly well, which bodes well for the resale market.

RIV has never been doing badly. People just say it because they dislike the resort and it's hard to prove without long drawn out discussion to show its not doing that bad.

It was right on pace to sell out in 4 years as of April which would have had it selling it out the same year Reflections was coming online. Oh and the 4 best months of sales were the 4 months after opening until shutdown.

Also RIV outsold CCV every single week basically from launch of sales until shutdown.

Before someone responds I am not saying DVC in general is selling like crazy right now. I am saying how RIV is selling in relation to likely expectation based on Covid and lower park attendance.

It's also much more likely DVC is simply making a final push to sell out CCV and Aulani is... Aulani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter