Riviera Resale

Well, we wanted to get 200 points because it was a big jump for the incentives, but we were getting a Guaranteed Week ("GW"). The GW was for early October and is 130 points. They weren't sure at first if they could do it that way or not, but they were able to do the GW and do a 70-point contract to get to the 200 points we wanted to buy. He had specifically said splitting the 200 points into two 100-point contracts wouldn't be a problem, but had to check to make sure they could do the split that way with the GW. From what others have said, I think that's common though with the GW. If you want more points than go with that week, you really need to do it as a separate contract. It makes sense for Disney too since if you couldn't, the response would most likely be, "Well, I'll just by the GW and look at more points later." I'm sure they'd rather the larger purchase.
CHeck your first post, the one to which he responded, for a typo. Maybe at 4:20 pm.

Do you think Riviera will always be simple booking at the 11 month mark? That’s kind important if you buy resale, as you have nowhere else to go. I know at 11 months you’re going to be able to find dates throughout the year, however, I’m speaking to the general flexibility to go when you want.

RIV is proving pretty popular and SV rooms are going right around the 11 month make pretty regularly.

PV is lasting longer, except October to Dec, those went too, especially studios.

I just adjusted my January and Feb trips and had to give up SV for PV because my new dates were gone for the studios.

Anyone getting resale points will need to book at 11 months and understand changes will be tough. If they don’t, they will learn quickly its needed.

Anyone getting resale points will need to book at 11 months and understand changes will be tough. If they don’t, they will learn quickly its needed.

It will be interesting to see how things will change over time. As the amount of resale owners goes up it will be interesting to see if more direct owners decide to start doing things like split stays or stay elsewhere as they would have been staying at RIV for 5/10/15 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter