Riviera resort: A thread with a poll / Discussion / Information

What are your top reasons to buy (or not to buy) at RIV?

• Total voters
From what I've seen I love this resort. I love that it's next to a moderate for food court options. I love that it has the skyliner. I love that the studios and 1 bedrooms sleep 5.

Cons for me are point charts, dues, and resale restrictions. If points cost less than $188 and they kept the same point chart I'd be ok. If the point charts were lower at $188 per point I'd be ok.

The combination of those 3 things drove us to add on at a different resort. Our points will go much farther at AKL.

I added on at DRR primarily for the Tower Studios. Staying DVC for as low as 11 points is huge for me.

I love what I've seen so far, but the 360 degree virtual tour seals the deal for me. Definitely staying there next trip.

Dining reservations at Topolino’s Terrace are open as of today! I’m really looking forward to being there on opening day.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/riviera-resort/topolinos-terrace/

Finally a menu!! Breakfast sounds good. Dinner seems like it depends on execution. I don’t know why but I was super excited to see the appetizers and pastas and just thought, meh, when I saw them.

I think these types of upscale, not Americanized, Italian dishes really require fresh ingredients. Doesn’t seem to be something Disney excels at. The Disboards team seemed to feel Flying Fish (i haven’t tried there yet) manages though so I guess we’ll see. Almost half of the pastas and entrees are seafood. Not my personal Disney go to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter