Riviera vs. 2042

It's sold out.

They are also selling points at Saratoga and Bay Lake Tower.
I just bought direct from Disney on Sunday. They had availability on every property I inquired about...including Copper Creek, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Saratoga, and Bay Lake. Ultimately I decided to buy at Boardwalk.

It's sold out.

our DVC rep confirmed they were at 95% sold as of last week, so not sure how anyone could say any of those three are sold out if you are buying direct and they are not resells. We were at Aulani..

Yes, if it’s 20% total resale currently...but that was what I was talking towards on value to RIV direct to the owners with blocking out the resale SAP vs use of VIP points. People have contracts per this board they trade out less frequently vs those points bought with no intention to ever use at the home resort.

Was it any month or just specific ones?

It's sold out.

Yes they are, those are points they either bought back or acquired when the owners defaulted on their loan. I am not aware that they have ROFR’ed any CCV contracts. Not sure how many PVB they have bought back, but it’s not many. AUL, they pretty much ignore and pretend it never existed when they go to ROFR. But SSR and BLT, recently DVC has been buying back, along with others. I guess no resort is ever sold out. DVC owns at least 2% of all resorts.

Last edited:

our DVC rep confirmed they were at 95% sold as of last week, so not sure how anyone could say any of those three are sold out if you are buying direct and they are not resells. We were at Aulani..
When Disney jacks up the price, stops offering incentives, and is no longer actively selling the property, they are treating that property as sold out.

They just don’t want to discourage people forking over CCV money in case Riviera/Aulani turns a potential buyer off. But you better hurry, only 5% of points left!

Nobody should ever consider something an investment when the people responsible for that asset have no fiduciary responsibility to you.

DVD, the developer who builds and sells the resorts do so only for Disney's profits.
DVCMC, DVC Management Company, runs the resorts, the booking system and MS and they have a fiduciary responsability toward the members and not toward Disney. They tend to forget it, though, and last year we had to remind them they do.

Disney is required to own at least 2 or 3% of every property. By that argument, no resort is ever sold out.

And ROFR is not the only way Disney acquire points. They foreclose. And CCV is in a foreclose period. Most new resorts see a bunch between 2-5 years of open.

DVD, the developer who builds and sells the resorts do so only for Disney's profits.
DVCMC, DVC Management Company, runs the resorts, the booking system and MS and they have a fiduciary responsability toward the members and not toward Disney. They tend to forget it, though, and last year we had to remind them they do.

DVCMC has no fiduciary duty to act in the your best interest when it comes to the resale value of your DVC purchase, zero.

In fact the new resale restrictions have been decided by DVD when they made join the resort under a new agreement.
It doesn't change the fact that DVCMC has no fiduciary duty to act in your interest when it comes to the resale value of your DVC. They have a duty to uphold the terms of the contract that they are a party to. That contract at no point imposes explicitly or implicitly a fiduciary duty onto DVCMC when it comes to treating your DVC purchase like an investment.

Someone being a fiduciary has nothing to do with it; who is the fiduciary on your house protecting that investment for you? The developer looks to get every penny then they move on and if your house drops half in value you can't go to them as a fiduciary and say they didn't fulfil their duty. Also, there were plenty of fiduciairies at enron, so it is of marginal actual value when looking at it from your individual perspective.

Disney is apparently going to act only in their best interest, which is fine, but the quality and value of dvc were key to their success in the past. I'm not sure how they remain successful without the value and with declining quality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter