Rix Lounge Review

misstheworld

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

Despite all of the laughing today during Bob's review of Rix at the CSR, I have to say that I don't think it's that bad of an idea - even for the non-convention crowd. I spent a week at CSR last year on my honeymoon and a more upscale "club" with dance floor and neat drinks would have been something fun for my DH and I to do. We don't usually visit clubs, but this would have been an option for us. What happens in Orlando...

It sounds like its trying to be a Las Vegas type of lounge/club. To me bottle table service and Disney just dont seem to go hand in hand. My fiance and I go to Las Vegas each year and go to the clubs like LAX, Pure, Tao etc etc and do bottle service while we are there but at Disney personally I'm not looking for that kind of experience.

I just dont think bottle table service at a hotel in Disney is necessary..what would be next ???? a big bouncer with a guest list at the front of the club ,velvet ropes and girls dressing like britney spears dancing on polls and platforms...:rotfl:

I too think the "bottle" service is a bit over the top, but the lounge overall doesn't sound too bad. I get that they are catering to the convention crowd and that's fine, but when I travel with my DH or friends (without kids)to WDW, it might be nice to have a "hip" little lounge to hang out in.

Then again, I would probably rather see Yehaw Bob over at Riverside!!

To start off with I haven't stayed in Cornado Springs before, but my question is, what does the Mediteranean decor of Rix Lounge have to do with SW American/Central America.

Now the decor of Rix looks like Morrocan and I assume Rix comes from Rick the character in Casablanca and I again what the Morroco have to do with the themeing?

Just curious

I guess the best I can compare it to is to Tao in Las Vegas that club is a compelte asian theme but it is located in The Venetian Hotel (which is a Meditereanen or Italian theme)

maybe they just did it to shake things up

I have stayed at CS several times attending conventions. i think that the Rix Lounge will be very popular with conventioneers.

The small lounge that was there before was always very crowded. Buses to Downtown Disney are usually packed with people that want to drink and party. This will give people an option other than going to DD or PI.

I myself don't care because I don't drink, but I think it will be very popular for those attending conventions.

The review had me laughing hysterically.. "and then there is this unusual person who comes up to your table and asks you what you want!" :lmao:

But I agree it sounds like a good idea. I just hate all the overpricing. I hate so much when it is just so blatantly obvious that there is absolutely NO reason to charge that much and yet they do anyway because they feel like they can. Disney World is extremely expensive but no matter how much the ticket prices go up, I still feel like it is the best thing I can possibly spend my vacation dollars on, but things like this where they charge that much for a bottle of alcohol is just absurd. Like they said on the podcast, you're not in Vegas. It's Disney World!

Like most things aimed @ conventioners they tend to tax you 25-50% more then you would normally pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter