RnR and Aerosmith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firepath

DIS Veteran
Is this just another crazy rumor? I heard that Aerosmith is out at RnR. I haven't been on it for a year or so but planned to ride later this month. I hope I'm not disappointed.

Is this just another crazy rumor? I heard that Aerosmith is out at RnR. I haven't been on it for a year or so but planned to ride later this month. I hope I'm not disappointed.

There had been some rumors, but nothing concrete. It certainly isn't happening within the month, so no worries there. If it does happen, I don't think it will be until after Star Wars Galaxy's Edge is open since they really can't take another major ride offline at HS at the moment.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: It can't happen, it better not happen!! It's by far my favorite ride in WDW. If they ever announce and make it official, if I don't have an AP, I will drive down to WDW, buy a one day pass and ride it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Yes, I realize that eventually it will probably change, I'm just hoping it's still many years down the road.

It was still Aerosmith themed in February.
Although what I did notice is that its not just Aerosmith music playing in the area and it always used to be.
This makes me feel like eventually the theme will change which does make me sad.

I think they'll just pick a new band to be part of the "show" instead. I doubt they'll really do a major overhaul of the ride just because of the lack of Aerosmith licensing.

It'll be a shame to see them go, but I'm a bit excited for the new band... or bands... they'll pick.

Nothing new on the WDW front. Just a along-standing expectation it will get Disxney IP eventually.

But the DL Paris version is being re-themed to Iron Man (just a new overlay, same ride); they announced that back in February. That may be the reason for current confusion.

Last edited:
the paris version isn't being rethemed because of an expired license or anything, i'm pretty sure disney's doing that on their own terms; they want to fit marvel in any way they can. at WDW, aerosmith will probably stay for the foreseeable future, though given that 2019 will be their 20th year, that might be the time disney would start considering a retheme

Last edited:
I don't see it changing or being rethemed for the foreseeable future. They need the ride in the park till star wars galaxy edge opens minimum. They would imo need it to be open during the initial stages of Galaxys Edge as well to help with the load as Hollywood Studios will be crazy busy for years after it opens. I can see a new theme for it eventually using an a Disney Ip .

I swear I’m channeling Homer Simpson, “But everyone knows rock achieved perfection in 1976...”

I’m sure it will happen eventually, but I think that ride is themed to perfection right now. And so is ToT next door. Hands off, Disney :)

"...1974. It's a scientific fact." ;)

I don't see it changing or being rethemed for the foreseeable future. They need the ride in the park till star wars galaxy edge opens minimum. They would imo need it to be open during the initial stages of Galaxys Edge as well to help with the load as Hollywood Studios will be crazy busy for years after it opens. I can see a new theme for it eventually using an a Disney Ip .

It's one of the few rides where a Guardians of the Galaxy overlay actually makes sense, and would make the ride better (in my opinion). Having songs from the Awesome Mixes play during the ride...I mean, seems like a no-brainer. I think that makes WAY more sense than putting something Guardians themed in EPCOT, but what do I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter