Road Entertainment

cwbronco

Earning My Ears
Ok so me and the GF are driving downtown to Disneyland in the next couple of weeks and we are looking at a 13-14 hour drive. What are some of your favorite things to keep yourself entertained while on the road?

8 hours for us. DH's car plays MP3 files on disc so we put about 20 hours of our favorite music on one disc and never heard a song twice the entire trip. You could also go get a DLR podcast like Mousetalgia and listen on the way down. They have over 80 episodes so far so that should keep you busy. :)

Before kids, DH and I would listed to books on CD. His i-pod is full of FREE downloads of some old radio mystery theater....I think it is CBS mystery theater or something like that. He has a bunch on it and listens to episodes on long drives for work.

Music, music, music! :laughing:

We have about a 9.5 - 10 hour drive. We listen to all sorts of different music on the way down, have tons of junk food snacks and candy.

As far as games and such, we often find different state's license plates, go through the alphabet by finding the letters consecutively on signs, ask each other Disney trivia questions, find slug-bugs (Volkswagon bugs) etc.

We put music on our Ipod, but find that books on tape make the time go by quickly. We've heard just about all of the Harry Potter books on cd/iPod on our trips. I also got Watchers by Dean Koontz.

When my kids were younger we'd go to the library and check out a bunch of cassettes with stories for our drive and during our camping trip.

Depending on what route you drive it you hit a city every now and again you can get local radio news and then discuss it for a while.

we worked our way through the entire Chronicles of Narnia on CD on various trips throughout the years.

Our library also has audio books you can download for free, so we do that sometimes too. I prefer books, talk radio, or podcasts. Hearing someone "talking to me" keep my brain interested. DH prefers music. Since he does most of the driving, we mostly listen to music.

We'll be driving for two days to get to California in September. We've done it a few times before. We mostly just listen to music and sing along. And talk. This time we'll probably take a lot of photos and do facebook updates.

Sometimes we play Name That Tune. We take turns whistling or humming a song and the other person has to guess what it is. We do all different songs, including 80s, ad jingles, tv themes, disney, etc. Keeps us entertained for awhile.

We also like to put our ipods on shuffle/play all and see who can name the song quickest.

Thanks guys I'm liking the audio book ideas. Our local library gives us the option downloading them to your Ipod so I think I'll do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter