Rob and Scott's Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding-TR Pg 92; Photo Update pg 133

Everything looks amazing! And I don't want to sound creepy or anything but I read Lynn's trip report and yes, her and Tim were at the MK on Oct. 1st

Wow. Your entire group seems wonderful! Is is great what Gary said and did! I think if we just keep living our lives truthfully many more can see how great we are!

Now me being selfish....more more more!!!!! :laughing:

Someone sent some better pictures of the cake:

WOW!!!! It's GORGEOUS!!!!!! it looks SO much better than the promotional pics Disney had (no frou-frou flowers on top) That was a pretty cake too, please understand -- but the circular glass cake topper is so much more appropriate to the overall style.

In true Bridezilla fashion, the M should stand for ME. It's all about ME.

Me being Rob or Scott! So far, it seems totally awesome.

Day Three - Saturday September 27th - Part Four

So, Scott and I rushed back to the Boardwalk Villas. Once there, he stopped to deal with bell services and get our bags and suits up to our room while I ran off to see what needed to be done at the Hospitality Suite before people started showing up.

When I got to the Hospitality Suite, I found Randy, Jodie, Kyle, Rande, and Joe relaxing and sipping on drinks. They had already done everything. More than I would have done, actually. They had put chips into bowls, put dips into small bowls (I was just planning on leaving the dips in the jars . . .) They'd set up a bar in the kitchen area of the suite, rearranged furniture to help make it easier to be social, and even moved the DVD player from the living room into the far bedroom so the kids would be able to watch the Disney movies I'd packed for them.

Did I mention how awesome our friends are? Sometimes I think I realize just how lucky we are to have them, and then they do something like this which just proves to me that we're even luckier than I thought. They rock! Randy & Kyle also played "bartender" all night long. They took the responsibility of not having Scott or me stress on this party VERY seriously.

Shortly after my arrival, the other people in the wedding party arrived. Dennis went right to the bar and Kyle & Randy helped him fill his new flask with bourbon. Remember the fact that Kyle, Randy, & Dennis discussed his new flask and bourbon. That fact (which I wasn't aware of at the time) will play a roll later in the weekend.

Here's a picture of the suite
20080928_0512.jpg

And here's the view from the balcony
20080928_0505.jpg

From then on, I just relaxed and enjoyed the party. Various friends and family members were in and out all evening. It was a lot of fun. Reconnecting with people we hadn't seen in a while. Introducing people from various parts of our life to each other. Not stressing about anything other than being together for a happy occasion. It was great.

Glen & Pippa showed up after staying for a while at the Adventurers Club, but they didn't want to miss our party either, so they split their time. Sharon had stayed at the club (as we knew she would). Her goal was to tape the final Hoopla. She did, and she's graciously shared it with the rest of us. I haven't found the strength to watch it yet, but I will soon.

Here are some pictures:
20080927_0702-Copy.jpg

This is Daya. Her mom is my cousin Dana. I'm very close to Dana, and Daya knows us as "Uncle Rob" and "Uncle Scott". They've visited our house and been to WDW a couple times before. In the background you can see Rande and Jodie (who is married to Randy. We've got WAY too many Randies to keep track of this weekend. :rotfl: ) in the kitchen.

20080927_0705.jpg

The lady in the middle is a dear friend of mine. Her name is Adina, she's a month older than me, and her mom is my mother's best friend dating back to kindergarten. Adina and I have been friends since before we were born. On the left, in the brown shirt is her partner, Jackie. On the right is my cousin Kelly (who you've already heard about). I walked up to them and asked them if somebody told them that all the lesbians had to sit huddled together, or if they were just talking about softball. The laughed, even though I wasn't funny. It's great when it's your party and people indulge you. :thumbsup2

20080927_0706.jpg

In this picture, my sister, Sofia, is in the middle talking to Uncle Kevin (standing) and Kelly. The lady in red on the right, is Adina's mother, Rose. She's sitting next to my mom, who isn't in the photo. Shortly after this picture was taken, Kevin left to pick up his partner, Randy (ANOTHER RANDY! :scared1: ) at the airport.

20080928_0501.jpg

In this photo, Kyle (Rande's husband) shows Pippa that even though she's English and he's American, he's still just as pale as she is.

And the evening progressed on in this fashion. At 9pm, I let everyone know that Illuminations would be starting soon, and most everyone went outside to see the fireworks.

Eventually, it was getting late, and the crowd began to thin. Our friend Joe was just a bit tipsy, and he still had to head over to Pleasure Island to pick up his wife Sharon from the Adventurers Club. I learned later that Randy, Jodie, Rande, Kyle, Tyler, Pippa, & Glen all went with him to make sure he was okay. They were together and watching the final Hoopla outside the club on the big screen TVs that had been set up to broadcast the final night.

Meanwhile, Scott and I went to bed, and talked about all the amazing people who had come for our Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding before we went to sleep. It had been a busy day, and neither of us had any trouble sleeping.

And that's the end of Saturday the 27th.

Next up will be the first part of the BIG DAY, Sunday, September 28th! :woohoo:

Okay, I haven't forgotten about recapping the "BIG DAY". It's still coming.

And as today is my day off, you'd think it'd be the perfect time for such things.

However. The weather is GORGEOUS outside, and the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is going on.

So, you delightful little kittens are just going to have to suck it up and be patient for a bit longer, cuz The Fabulous Rob & Scott (trademark pending) are going to go snacking around the world. :thumbsup2

Ta ta!

I'll try to think about y'all while we're noshing tasty treats and sipping potent potables, but I make no guarantees. ;)

Enjoy the schnackerals.

Life is beautiful shared with those we love.

Great report so far!! But i'm never going to be able to keep track of which Randy is which! :lmao:

Sorry you didn't get your server, or preferred table, at Ohana! But it sounds like a good time was still had! Can't wait to see Randy's pics of your rehearsal, and eventually the ceremony, inside AC! So excited! tell him to hurry up!! :rotfl:

And it's so not fair that you are going to F&W today, while it was 41 degrees this morning when i can to sit at this boring desk for 9 hours!

I guess I'll have to read about the BIG day when I get back.....I'm going to Disney world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

We leave in 2 hours

YEA!

Hi. I just want to say how happy I am for you and your partner. Your cake is beautiful. I am sure it tasted as good as it looks. You make me proud that I am a mother of a gay son. I hope one day that he meets his lifetime partner. As a Disney family, I know that his wedding ( and I say marriage, not civil union) will also be at WDW. The first time that we stayed at the Poly he was 2 months old. We have returned 3-4 times each year..And throw in 10 Disney cruises.. Yeah...We are Disney fanatics.....There just is not anything that can compare to the high we get from Disney...

I have lurked at the Gay and Lesbian site for 6 months or so. I must say that there is no hatred or arguing on this site...(If only there was no confrontations on the other boards...can we say Community Board?) Your family is so accepting and loving. I only wish my mom and dad (son's grandparent's) were as open-minded as yours.

I was raised in an extremely religious family. I mean right-wing, blessed with the holy-spirit, speaking in tongues, all night revival family. I always felt that they were judgemental. You will go to hell if you dress this way, smoke, drink, etc...As a teenager, I always debated my dad on these issues. I have always felt that God cares what is in your heart not what is on the outside..You know, what kind of person you are in the inside, not what you look like from the outside..After reading the posts on this site for 6 months now, I think all of you have more love, compassion, courage, and tolerance than all the other boards combined. It makes me proud to be a mom of a gay son.

I always argued with my father about homosexuality. He said that God condemned it because it was something that you chose. I said, (this was in the 70's) that it was the way you were born. Why would someone choose to be in the minority? They would not. God made them that way. As I grew older, my feelings did not change. My parents chose (and still do to this day) to bury their heads in the sand. My brother is 46 (never been married, one girlfriend in middle school), brother-in-law 61 (never had a girlfriend), neice 30 (never had a boyfriend). I tell you there is something in the genes. (Oh yeah, it is a choice!!!)

You are so blessed to have such an accepting family. My daughters and their (husband, boyfriend) accept their brother as he is. My husband has accepted him (although not as fast as we girls) too. Hell, the girls knew when he was six years-old. I knew when he was three. I always wonder if I argued with my dad when I was younger because I knew that I would have a gay son.

Anyway, I am so proud of my son for coming out when he was in high school. I know that this was not an eay thing to do. I just hugged him and said that I always felt that he was gay. But I will admit, that I did go through a brief period of mourning. I don't know why, I did know..I guess it was just all the feelings of what the average American family would be. You know, a wife, 2 kids, etc. I now look back on that and think, what was wrong with me? My son is one of the most compassionate, loving, thoughtful persons that I know.

I just wanted to let you know, that you bring hope to me that my son will some day meet his lifetime partner. He has had one 18 month relationship with a very nice boy. We met his family and they too were accepting. My son has now gone off to college and has grown as a person. He has made new friends amd they are all very accepting. Hey he is even in a fraternity.

I hope that one day that all the world can be as accepting as this site is. I see more love and compassion in here than I do in every day life. May you and your partner have a lifetime of love and happiness... I know that you must live very close to Magic Kingdom, so the next time that you go watch Wishes, shed a few tears for my son and I (we just can't hear that music and not cry.) Starlight, starbright, I wish upon a star tonight....May your love for one another grow each night.

Sarasotamom - what an amazing post! Your son is very lucky to have you as a mom!! It has been great to read about Rob and Scott's journey ... you should have jumped in to the shower we had for them. :lmao: Welcome to our happy home on the DIS and maybe someday we'll get to read about you planning your son's wedding!

Welcome!

You are a great Mom!

Come on over and post more often! We are a fun bunch....

(Well there are some odd ducks around, but they are fun too!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!