Rob and Scott's Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding-TR Pg 92; Photo Update pg 133

Day Four - Sunday September 28th-THE BIG DAY!- Part Eight

So, after cutting the cake, we mingled some more. At some point they brought out the cake slices. I took a moment to sit down and enjoy our cake. They'd given us a slice of each :-)woohoo: I didn't have to choose!) and they were both very, very tasty. I'm still not sure which I liked better; the chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse filling, or the orange cake with orange mousse filling. Both were fantastic! The cake is one place where we really splurged, and I had considered switching to one of Disney's more moderately priced cake designs, but seeing it and tasting it, I can say it was totally worth it. It was perfect for us, and for the dance hall.

And sitting down for a moment was also a welcome treat. It's hard work having that much fun! By this point in the evening, I'm sure I looked like a trainwreck. I was hot, and sweaty, and my shirt kept coming untucked. I kept trying to look dashing, but I'm sure the effect was quite the opposite. :rotfl:

Shortly before 9pm, the DJ announced that Illuminations would be starting and that it would be viewable from the patios at Atlantic Dance Hall. Randy Chapman took us out onto the balcony and took a bunch of pictures of us with the fireworks in the background.

As we made our way back in, one of my cousins said "Wow, fireworks at your wedding! That's realy cool!" And my thought was "and it didn't cost us any extra!"

:banana:

As we walked past the ADH elevator, the door opened, and there was Geoffrey, waiting for the doors to close again so he could go once more. That made me smile. We'd ridden up and down the elevator at the Adventurers Club with him many times, and the look on his face as he happily pressed the buttons of the ADH elevator, was wonderful.

It was at this point in the evening that some people drifted out. It was a Sunday night and many of them had to work on Monday. :( We thanked them profusely for coming and moved back out onto the dancefloor.

We had asked the DJ to play "Promise" by Kelley Coffey as the last dance of the night. It's the "We Go On" song that they play after Illuminations at Epcot every night. We loved the sentiment of the lyrics and while it wasn't right for our first dance, we thought it would be a nice end to the evening, and a chance for eveyone to dance along with us to a beautiful romantic song.

At some point or another, the DJ said "I have this really cool thing that I do with the last dance song, and then I go on to end the evening on a really "up" beat." I responded "Okay, you're the professional."

Now here's the deal. His way may have been better, and people loved what he was doing. But I really would have rather ended the evening with:

We go on
Moving on through the good times and the tears
Ever on another thousand circles around the sun
A new life has begun
The two of us are one
And we live to keep the promise
We go on
Ever on
We go on

It seemed like a nice closure to me.

Here's what happened. He announced that it was time for the last dance and asked everyone to join hands and form a circle around us on the dance floor while we danced alone to "Promise".

It's a four and a half minute song.

And people had been drinking.

And they're an unruly crowd when sober.

So of course, standing around and watching us, didn't last long. It soon became a "let's all rush into the center, and then back out, and then back in repeatedly, while still holding hands in a circle" thing.

Talk about killing the mood.

Whatever, people were enjoying it.

So then after the song ends, he goes on to play a couple more songs that were more upbeat.

Somehow that turned into this bizarre strolling conga line sort of thing while we all followed as Sharon led us around the room to "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina & the Waves. (How Sharon ended up leading is a mystery to me. We try to let Sharon think she's the "leader" as little as possible. :rotfl: )

So it was fun, and memorable, and all. But I can't help but wonder how it would have played out the way Scott and I had requested.

With that the reception was over. We spoke briefly with the ADH banquet captain about getting the gifts, centerpieces, etc back up to our room (a bellman took it all for us, which made things SO much easier.)

We said goodbye to several people and let everyone know that we'd be continuing the party in the Hospitality Suite, and they were all welcome.

And we strolled out onto the Boardwalk. It was a beautiful night to hold hands with your partner.

So we did.

Up next: The After Party and "You're family is crazy! He's cooking at midnight!"

Hmmmmm...sometimes "artistes" just need to listen to what the "important" people want. The DJ meant well, I'm sure, but I like the sound of what you had in mind.

What a beautiful reception. Again, thanks for sharing it all with us.

This is the best wedding report ever. Of course I may change my mind after Louie ties the knot, but this is so good.

Rob, you and Scott are an inspiration, your family shows such love and support. You are on the top ten list for luckiest man on earth for sure.

This is the best wedding report ever. Of course I may change my mind after Louie ties the knot, but this is so good.

Rob, you and Scott are an inspiration, your family shows such love and support. You are on the top ten list for luckiest man on earth for sure.

I think I can tell you right now I am not as detail oriented as Rob, but I will try to show you guys lots of pictures.

Hmmmmm...sometimes "artistes" just need to listen to what the "important" people want. The DJ meant well, I'm sure, but I like the sound of what you had in mind.

What a beautiful reception. Again, thanks for sharing it all with us.

I don't mean to sound dissatisfied with the DJ. Far from it. He was very, very good! I just wish, I'd insisted on getting him a copy of the music we had.

Hi Rob's Mom!

Pssst! I have the bourbon! :thumbsup2

Mom doesn't drink much in the way of bourbon. That's Dad, Dennis, & Me.

Thank you for your kind compliment about my weddng report.

And I'm not one of the top ten luckiest men. I'm and the NUMBER ONE luckiest man in the universe. I've got an amazing family, Scott (the most remarkable man I've ever met), Tolliver (the cutest and sweetest little piddle factory anyone has ever seen), and the best friends anyone could ask for (both in "real life" and here on the DIS). No one is as lucky as I am. What more could I possibly ask for? (well, other than Disney re-opening the Adventurers Club, that is? :rotfl2: )

I think I can tell you right now I am not as detail oriented as Rob, but I will try to show you guys lots of pictures.

LOTS of pictures. We've got them! The proof books from Randy Chapman are HUGE! I'm guessing around 1500 pictures.

I should be able to start posting some next week. We've got a Halloween Party to get ready for tonight, and I've got inventory at work this weekend (month end, and I'm an accountant). But they're coming, and they're great!:yay:

And I'll continue to recap the days after the wedding and the honeymoon cruise as well!:woohoo:

Coming out of lurkdom here to tell you Rob how much I have enjoyed reading your wedding report! You made me laugh, you made me cry...and so did your mom. What a wonderful testament to love you and your family are. Blessings to you all for a lifetime of love and happiness.

Oh, you didn't sound like you were unhappy with the DJ! Far from it. I think you took everything in stride (remarkably well too)!

The luckiest man on earth. That's one powerful statement to be able to make!

Looking forward to the 1500 photos! :teeth:

Oh, you didn't sound like you were unhappy with the DJ! Far from it. I think you took everything in stride (remarkably well too)!

I did take it in stride remarkably well, didn't I? :cheer2: :rotfl:

The luckiest man on earth. That's one powerful statement to be able to make!

And I don't make it lightly, either; but it is true. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to the 1500 photos! :teeth:

Don't know that I'll post all 1500 of them! :scared1:

But here's one to tide you all over:

RS17699-28-09.jpg

Wow! I can't wait for the rest of the photos!!!

As for the Dj , you are probably no worse than me! (actually I know I would be worse. I would have the entire night done on my ipod. I cant help it!) I am glad everything went on without to many small little tiny glitches! It sounds like a wonderful day!!!

I'm another one who came to read this after hearing about Mary Kaye's cruise, and I have to say, I'm glad she directed me here! Even if I'm reading at work, with tears streaming down my face. I always cry at weddings, and reading all about yours has brought tears to my face a number of times. I always get emotional when I hear about people truly in love making a commitment to spend their lives devoted to each other, and it sounds like you and Scott really did that in grand style.

Best of luck to you both!

yet another one jumping on board at MK's suggestion....... I love love LOVE your report. You can actually feel your love and excitement in your writing. It's like I was an invited guest. I thank you for sharing.

Coming out of lurkdom here to tell you Rob how much I have enjoyed reading your wedding report! You made me laugh, you made me cry...and so did your mom. What a wonderful testament to love you and your family are. Blessings to you all for a lifetime of love and happiness.

Thanks. Glad you're enjoying it!

I'm another one who came to read this after hearing about Mary Kaye's cruise, and I have to say, I'm glad she directed me here! Even if I'm reading at work, with tears streaming down my face. I always cry at weddings, and reading all about yours has brought tears to my face a number of times. I always get emotional when I hear about people truly in love making a commitment to spend their lives devoted to each other, and it sounds like you and Scott really did that in grand style.

Best of luck to you both!

"Grand Style". I like that. I'll be using that one. Happy to have made you cry! (oh, wait, that didn't come out right, did it?)

yet another one jumping on board at MK's suggestion....... I love love LOVE your report. You can actually feel your love and excitement in your writing. It's like I was an invited guest. I thank you for sharing.

Okay, I should hire Mary Kaye to be my publicist! :rotfl2: Let's get a book deal and hit the lecture circuit or something! ;)

Seriously, though. Thank you for your kind words. And if just reading about it is like being an invited guest, the crashers could have saved us all the drama and just read about it afterward! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter