Rob and Scott's Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding-TR Pg 92; Photo Update pg 133

Great pictures Rob! You both look so relaxed like you're enjoying every moment. By the way, I love your rings - I'm sure you posted a picture of them during the planning stage but I must have missed it.

Rob, I am a "lurker" on your thread. I just want to thank you so very very much for taking the time to post your wedding report and beautiful pictures.

I've enjoyed reading your report and viewing your photos!

I wish you and Scott (and Tolliver!) much love, laughs, good times together, but most of all - happiness! :)

~Carol~

ripclub-1.jpg

We haven't seen all your Randy shots yet, but so far these are all great. Personally, I don't like it when they take all the funky angled shots like "look at me, I'm so artistic and edgy" so I'm really impressed with these.

Thanks for sharing your happy day with us. It looks just lovely.

Randy did a couple of shots at an angle, but nothing that's "edgy for edginess sake" if you know what I mean. And they're all so good!

Great pictures Rob! You both look so relaxed like you're enjoying every moment. By the way, I love your rings - I'm sure you posted a picture of them during the planning stage but I must have missed it.

We really were enjoying each moment. Several people had told us to "be in the moment" and enjoy the ride. I'm glad we took their advice.

I love how the sheer joy is captured in these photos. We really were having that much fun. It's good that it shows.

Rob, I am a "lurker" on your thread. I just want to thank you so very very much for taking the time to post your wedding report and beautiful pictures.

I've enjoyed reading your report and viewing your photos!

I wish you and Scott (and Tolliver!) much love, laughs, good times together, but most of all - happiness! :)

~Carol~

ripclub-1.jpg

Thanks! It's been my pleasure! And I'm not done yet! ;)

Congrats! Hope you both have a happy life together! BTW you the the cutest dog EVER!! :love:

I know! Tolliver is so sweet and so cute, (and SUCH a handful sometimes!) We love him, he knows we love him, and he loves us back. There's nothing in the world better than getting home from work to find Scott holding Tolliver at the door. Both ready to give me kisses and Tolliver's tail wagging like crazy. Like I said, luckiest man in the universe!

Day Four - Sunday September 28th-THE BIG DAY!- Part Nine

After leaving the reception at Atlantic Dance Hall at 10:00pm, Scott and I, along with several other people walked back to the Hospitality Suite. Once I was sure we had enough supplies and that there was someone there to welcome more people when they arrived, Scott and I ducked out quickly to our own room to change clothes. We got there as the bellman was unloading presents and wedding supplies. We tipped him and told him to leave them all in the living room, as we were going to change clothes in the bedroom (we were in a one bedroom suite, with Dennis in the adjoining studio. It worked out very well). A quick change of clothes into a polo shirt and shorts (and barefeet, a day in dress shoes had left my feet ready to relax!) and I headed back to the Hospitality Suite.

Several people shouted "no, fair!" when they saw that we had changed clothes. I told them to deal with it, because I wasn't putting the suit back on! :rotfl:

And from then on it was pretty much a repeat of the night before. People being social, relaxing, sipping on cocktails, muching on snacks, and already beginning to reminisce over things that had happened during the ceremony or reception.

Several of our Adventurers Club friends commented on how nice it was to have the pre-ceremony time to mingle in the club without the crowds or stress of the club's closing to deal with. It was a relaxing way to say goodbye and have some closure on our terms. People agreed that we'd done the right thing by not switching venues.

Several other people were amazed that we hadn't rehearsed any of the New Member Induction Ceremony that we'd done before the reception. Scott and I had a vague idea of what our parts would be, but had no idea what Glen & Pippa would do for the announcement or what Sharon and Joe would do to lead into the song. Apparently our years of watching, had paid off because everyone had thought that we had scripted and rehearsed the whole thing.

Shortly before midnight, our friend Joe comes up to me and says "You're family is crazy". I replied "Um, yeah, and?" to which he responded "your brother is cooking clams. At midnight!". "Oh yeah," I said, "I asked him to."

At some point during the reception Molly had come over and told me that her gift to us would need to be refrigerated as soon as possible, and she'd already talked to Dennis and he'd take care of it. While eating dinner, I asked Dennis what the deal was. He said that Molly had brought a cooler full of clams from Cedar Key, and he'd already made arrangements to get them into the fridge in our room.

I turned to Scott and asked, "Do you like clams?". He said he didn't. I turned back to Dennis and said "you want them? Neither of us likes them." Dennis pointed out that he was leaving after breakfast in the morning, and had no way to keep them cool flying into Alberquerque and then driving into the mountains of Southwestern Colorado. (Dennis is the executive chef at this really cool resort--Dunton Hot Springs). My response was, "whatever, cook them in the Hospitality Suite if you want" and forgot all about them. Until I found out he actually was making clams. Molly had packed them with a head of garlic and two sticks of margarine (which we had to keep Dennis from throwing in the trash "This isn't BUTTER!").

So he made a midnight snack for everyone. It smelled delicious. I'm not a big fan of clams, but I had one that night and thought it was pretty good.

Dennis called Room Service and tried to get a loaf of French Bread, but they didn't have any. He was appalled. He sent Kyle out to the Hess station near the Boardwalk to see if they had any (and Kyle graciously drove my cousin Dana back to her hotel in the process) No go. Dennis wasn't happy, but no one else seemed to care. They thought the clams were very good. So we'll be known for having the wedding that started with champagne punch and a skit, a ceremony in a place with crazy crap on the walls, a reception in a dance palace featuring fireworks, and a midnight clambake. Well, we wanted it to be unique! :rotfl2: I guess it was.

People started to say their goodbyes and head out after 1:00am. We made plans with our friends to clean up the Hospitality Suite in the morning so we could check out of it, and then head over to Epcot for the Food & Wine Festival that afternoon.

Scott and I made it back to our room sometime after 2:00 in the morning. We were wiped. But still giddy with the sheer joy of it all. We climbed into bed, and held each other while going over some of our favorite moments from our "big day" before falling into the sleep of the truly exhausted.

And with that our day was over. Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing. Not everything was perfect, but everything was perfectly fine. There were bumps along the journey, but nothing we couldn't easily sidestep. And even those have become stories that we'll tell for a long time and laugh. So that bit of good comes out of the bad.

Up next: Day Five:Epcot with the crazy Florida Family.

Oh gosh, we LOVE clams! LOL. Nice ending to a beautiful day.

I can only imagine how exhausted you both were. Good for you for changing and wearing your "fair beets" as a little one in our family used to say. LOL

You know? Like so many of us who are reading your wonderful reports, I feel as though I was there too! Thank you!

Well, it appears that we've chosen a picture to send out with Thank You notes.

Many of our favorite photos wouldn't work, because in a wallet size, we needed something that would feature us prominently. Some of our our favorite pix were ones where we're off to the side or in one of the arches at the Adventurers Club, and we would have been far too small if such a picture was printed as a wallet size.

We also wanted a picture that was inside the Adventurers Club. That was just a matter of personal preference.

There there were all of the "That's a good picture of you, but look how fat I am in that picture" considerations. (and there were a LOT of those conversations. :lmao: )

So here it is:

RS11059-28-09.jpg

It got a bit darker when we resized it (the pictures you've been seeing are roughly 25% of the original size. Randy shoots really high quality shots, but they're HUGE! I've been resizing them before posting them so you can see them.

At any rate, this picture is a bit lighter in actuality, so the wallets won't be so dark.

Oh and by the way, nice choice on the pic, you both turned out great no matter what you say. Good luck on the album photos now...that would be the hardest thing for me...

Day Five - Monday September 29th Part 1

On the day after the wedding, we slept in, had breakfast in bed, and just relaxed and enjoyed ourselves.

:rotfl2:

AS IF!

We were up at the crack of dawn! (Okay, so it was closer to 8:00am, but it FELT like the crack of dawn). I got up and showered, letting Scott sleep in for a little bit of extra naptime. When I was done showering, I woke Scott up as gently as I could (none of the usual jumping up and down on the bed banging a pot and a pan together that morning, it was a special occasion) for his shower. I got dressed and told him I was heading down to the Hospitality Suite to start cleaning up and packing things.

I got to the suite, and started gathering things together and throwing things away. We had a lot of beer and sodas left! :eek: Once I had everything gathered in one place, I began packing everything into a large plastic bin, the large cooler, and one of the suitcases. (We were able to use the other plastic bin to pack up wedding presents later that night, which was a huge help.)

I had pretty much gotten everything packed when Jodie and Randy arrived. They helped me finish cleaning the kitchen/dining room and packing. We were sitting around drinking sodas when Scott got there.

We let Jodie & Randy know that we'd be back shortly, but we wanted to run down the hall to see Dennis before my Dad took him to the airport. I was bummed that Dennis had to leave without having been able to hit any of the Food & Wine Festival, but was extremely happy that he'd been able to get away from his new job for a few days in order to join us for the wedding.

When we got down to my parents' room, we discovered that Sofia was there as well, and they'd ordered the "family breakfast" from room service. It's supposed to serve four people. The six of us all ate, and no one felt shorted. Rushed, yes. Shorted, no. We were glad to spend a little bit of time with my family, and breakfast was a great idea! But we had to get back to the suite so we could finish up and check out of there.

We said our good-bye to Dennis, and headed back down the hall to the suite again. When we got there, Rande and Kyle had joined Randy & Jodie, and were completely done cleaning up. They'd taken the trash down the hall, they'd re-arranged all the furniture back into it's original configuration, and they'd even moved the DVD player from the back bedroom we'd set up for the kids to the TV in the living room.

Did I mention how amazingly awesome our friends are? Cuz they ROCK!

We were soon joined by Tyler, Cat, Pippa, & Glen, and we hauled evertying out of the room to be held in the bell closet until later, checked out of the amazing 3 bedroom Grand Villa that had been our base of operations for two days, picked up two "Just Married Buttons", and walked over to Epcot.

Some quick thoughts on the Grand Villa: It was PERFECT for what we needed in a gathering place for the night before the wedding and for right after the reception. It was big enough, private, and comfortable. Thank god for DVC points, because we'd never have been able to afford paying $1250 a night for it. We don't regret spending the points on it, though, because it worked out so well.

Can I just say, that if you're going to the Food & Wine Festival, it's SO nice to walk from your hotel room to the International Gateway and into Epcot. Especially on a beautiful morning in late September when you're with great friends.

We went to Future World and road Soarin' before heading back to World Showcase and the Food & Wine Festival booths. I love the F&W Festival! It's our favorite time of year at WDW. I couldn't tell you tell you much of what we tried that day. I know I had the escargot and pomegranate kir. SO good! Cat tried my kir, and we had to go back and get one for her.

When we got to the New Zealand booth, Glen wasn't sure if he would like the sauce they were puting on the lamb sandwich (lamb sliders) so he asked, "What's on the lamb slider?" and the guy behind the counter went "Um . . . LAMB?" :rotfl2: Poor Glen. We all laughed. And he's never going to live it down. Just recently someone sent a group email to all of us and reminded us that the lamb slider contains LAMB. It's not going to die any time soon.

While sitting in the shade in Germany, Sharon called to let us know and Joe had arrived at Epcot, and wanted to know where we were. I said. In line at Philharmagic. She didn't believe me. So I acted aghast that she thought I was being insincere, and handed the phone to Rande. She promptly told Sharon that she hadn't seen a line this long at Philharmagic in quite a while. :rotfl: .

Sharon wasn't amused and told us they'd meet us in China. (Not sure how she knew we were close to China, but with Sharon it's better not to ask. :lmao: )

So we got to China, and I have to say. Rob was TIRED! It had been a really long day the day before, and it was getting hot. So I suggested that we head in to the waiting area for the "Reflections of China" film to sit in the nice, dark, cool air conditioning. After sitting through two load-ins for the movie, Randy declared that we'd rested enough and he was going to get more food! So we followed him out.

When we got to Mexico, we ran into another friend who was off that day and he took a picture of us together.
20080929_0548.jpg

We spent some more time roaming from booth to booth, before Scott and I decided we were going to head back to our room for a nap. We thanked everyone and walked back to the Boardwalk. On the way we called my parents and worked out a plan to have dinner with them at Spoodles and then open presents that night after dinner. :woohoo:

More to come . . .

Day Five - Monday September 29th Part 2

So, we've got an interesting observation on the "Just Married" buttons. When either Scott or I was alone, we got a "Congratulations" from every CM we encountered. When we were amongst our group of friends. They'd see the buttons. Look confusedly at the buttons, then the various females in our group, and then say nothing. It became fairly clear that rather than saying something WRONG, they were going to say nothing at all. :rotfl2: Even when it was just Scott and me, we rarely got any acknowledgement for the buttons. I think they were too afraid to congratulate two guys, then find out that the "wives" were in the bathroom or something. A couple of times the CM would just ask. "Oh, newlyweds! Who got married?" and Scott and I would say we did, pointing back and forth between us. In those instances, the CM would very warmly congratulate us, and ask where we're from and how we met. I just found it interesting how the CMs handled it. And find it interesting how their reactions differed from those on the Boat during the cruise. (but more on that later).

So as we walked back to the Boardwalk we figured we'd better head over to our house and see if any more packages had been delivered. We didn't want wedding presents sitting up against the front door overnight.

So we drove home and found . . . no packages. We didn't stay long, and headed back to the Boardwalk and a short nap before dinner.

That was a GOOD NAP!

We met my parents and Rose (Rose is my Mom's friend from when they were kids, remember? She was staying on with us for a few days) for dinner. I asked Rose and Mom how they'd enjoyed tea. Mom had invited the aunts, girl cousins, and ladies who were friends of the family to join her for afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian the day after the wedding. Mom thanked us for suggesting it to her. They'd all had a great time.

At Spoodles we decided to skip ordering dinner and just ordered every appetizer on the menu for the five of us to split. It was a great meal.

After dinner, we went back up to our one-bedroom suite with Mom, Dad, & Rose and opened wedding presents.

I was, and still am competely blown away and touched by the generosity of our family and friends. We got some fantastic gifts, but to be honest, it was just embarassingly too much. Not that we're giving any of it BACK, mind you; but we were surprised. Happily so.

We stayed in the living room of our suite and socialized until it about ten o'clock and then we all headed off to bed.

Next up, I'll combine Tuesday and Wednesday in one installment, and after that I'll be able to talk about the BOAT! :yay:

another great update about another great day !! Can';t wait to read more. I love your choice for your thank you cards.

Interesting commentary on the buttons. Will be waiting to see how the DCL experience compared.

Nice to know how you liked the GV. We like to stay at BCV or BWV for the FWF for the very reasons you say. It's just too convenient to walk out of your resort and enter the IG! :yes:

Looking forward to reading more! :)

Can't wait to hear about the cruise!!

interesting observation about the buttons. In a big group, it seems as if the CM"s would just issue a blanket "Congratulations to the newlyweds" :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter