Rob and Scott's Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding-TR Pg 92; Photo Update pg 133

Rob was so kind to me in his responses on this and other threads; he will be greatly missed, but I will remember him fondly through my memories and this thread. Luv and miss ya, Rob!

I remember this thread. Such a wonderful and touching description of a beautiful time in Rob's life. I enjoyed reading about Rob & Scott's fabulous wedding!

Scott, I am so sorry for your loss. :sad1:

I just re-read this thread and bawled my eyes out. I don't remember if I ever posted anything other than a general "I love this, thanks for posting," but it truly is an amazing recap by an amazing man. Off to cry some more...

I came across this thread this morning and started reading. I didn't know until the end that Rob has passed. I am in shock. What a wonderful man. I feel so bad. I hope Scott is ok...:sad1:

Guys - I don't know if Scott posts here but I wanted to give you an update that he is doing really well. He is so brave and strong. Scott is my hero.

We were with Rob on his wedding day and we were there as he was laid to rest. It has been a crazy few weeks. Rob would have been thrilled to see his wedding thread "sticky".. but I know he would have just made a dirty joke. :lmao:

At his funeral all the different folks that got up to talk about Rob said that he just had so much love. He had his family, his Florida family, his theatre family... but we left out his Dis family. I know he loved you guys! And he'd want you to KNOW it!

Now- everyone promise to GO GET YOUR FLU SHOT!!! Rob's Dad made us all promise to tell everyone to get one. Now, you go tell people. Preventing this from happening to someone else is the best way to honor Rob's memory. :grouphug:

Thanks for posting! Not a day goes by when someone tells me via the Dis or Facebook a funny Rob story!

Now- everyone promise to GO GET YOUR FLU SHOT!!! Rob's Dad made us all promise to tell everyone to get one. Now, you go tell people. Preventing this from happening to someone else is the best way to honor Rob's memory. :grouphug:

Yep, this is definitely good advice this year. I've personally been iffy on flu shots getting them some years and not others. But, this year, I've been pregnant (thus I have depressed immune system) and got my flu shot when my doctor told me to. I work with hundreds of teens and pre-teens who seem to get sick on a regular basis and enjoy sharing their germs (i.e. not a lot of hand-washing going on) and I have yet to get sick.

On the other hand, this community just lost Rob and another community that I'm a part of just lost a healthy, active 28 year old -- also to pneumonia.

So, anything you can do to keep yourself healthy will be appreciated by the people who love you.

We live in Florida. My partner and I are going to CT to be legally married then on May 6, 2011 we are having our DFTW! Its a work around but it works.

I was reading through this thread & getting the 411 on Rob & Scott's Disney Wedding (as we wish we could afford to have one at Disney) & when I got to the end I see that Rob has passed. :sad1: I was in tears. I hope that Scott is doing good & even though I never met these guys, they seemed so in love. Scott I hope you are doing good & I wish you nothing but the best during this time.

:hug:

Day Four - Sunday September 28th-THE BIG DAY!- Part Four

And we didnt' cry! We had both gotten all teary and cried every other time we read through the ceremony (I'm getting choked up about it now!) but that day, we were SO happy and having so much fun, that there were no tears during the ceremony. Just big goofy grins and looking at each other happily. We were totally in the moment, and enjoyed it as it happened. It was magical.

I haven't made it through your entire recap yet, but I just wanted to say that I shed a few tears over your account of your commitment ceremony. Thank you so much for sharing it.

I have also just discovered this thread. The past week has been really a hard week, well really the last 6 months have been the worst of my long life. This whole wedding has been my feel good story. I haven't been able to leave my computer for 3 days. Smiles and happy tears for the whole event were constant companions for me. (I also miss AC).

When I reached the post about Rob's Mom passing away, I was heart broken. Then the posts started to say we will miss you, Rob. I went back and read and reread. Tears just started flowing. Where is the announcement of Rob's death? I think that what I have gleened is that he died of complications from the flu? When and how did this happen?

I was expecting to wish Rob and Scott Happy Anniversary and now find myself saying goodbye to a "new friend" even before I had a chance to give you my love about all you have been through. As I said goodbye to another friend at his funeral today, I now must admit I find it hard to say goodbye to Rob also. So many tears of happiness and sadness!

Scott, my heart breaks for you and you have more people out here still wishing you the best, well, you have no idea....I am so glad you have all of these memories, you had so much more than so many people will ever have. At least you can say you have no regrets and you lived your dreams....my love to you both...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!