Rob and Scott's Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding-TR Pg 92; Photo Update pg 133

The latest cover for Superman will be in honor of Rob!

From George Perez....

Since this book will be on the stands tomorrow, I figure it would be okay to finally show my variant cover for SUPERMAN 712, which I dedicated to the memory of a dear friend named Rob Morrisroe who was a lifelong Superman fan. The original art was given to his surviving life partner Scott.
superman.jpg

Wow! Not everyone (actually, hardly anyone!) gets a Superman Cover dedicated to him!

It is an awesome cover... however the cover distribution has been delayed... :sad1:

Thank you for posting this! I am a lesbian hehe and my fw and I wanted to get married in DW so bad but our fiances just don't allow that to happen :( So we are doing our honeymoon in DW and a mickey and minnie theme wedding here in Long Island, NY!

I have also just discovered this thread. The past week has been really a hard week, well really the last 6 months have been the worst of my long life. This whole wedding has been my feel good story. I haven't been able to leave my computer for 3 days. Smiles and happy tears for the whole event were constant companions for me. (I also miss AC).

When I reached the post about Rob's Mom passing away, I was heart broken. Then the posts started to say we will miss you, Rob. I went back and read and reread. Tears just started flowing. Where is the announcement of Rob's death? I think that what I have gleened is that he died of complications from the flu? When and how did this happen?

I was expecting to wish Rob and Scott Happy Anniversary and now find myself saying goodbye to a "new friend" even before I had a chance to give you my love about all you have been through. As I said goodbye to another friend at his funeral today, I now must admit I find it hard to say goodbye to Rob also. So many tears of happiness and sadness!

Scott, my heart breaks for you and you have more people out here still wishing you the best, well, you have no idea....I am so glad you have all of these memories, you had so much more than so many people will ever have. At least you can say you have no regrets and you lived your dreams....my love to you both...

Rob died of complications from Pneumonia in February:guilty: I never had the honour of meeting him in real life, but he was such a wonderful,caring and fun person in every post I ever saw. It was a shock to everyone. You asked where the thread was about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2652642&highlight=in+memory

The latest cover for Superman will be in honor of Rob!

From George Perez....

Since this book will be on the stands tomorrow, I figure it would be okay to finally show my variant cover for SUPERMAN 712, which I dedicated to the memory of a dear friend named Rob Morrisroe who was a lifelong Superman fan. The original art was given to his surviving life partner Scott.
superman.jpg
I am glad you posted this. What a nice memorial:goodvibes
wow I had no idea of Rob's passing when I wrote the above :( I am so sorry!!! I am crying my eyes out...

You are not the first to start in on the report not knowing--and I doubt you will be the last:hug: I think we all cried. I also think Rob would be happy that people are still enjoying his thread and he is still touching lives.

How is Scott doing? Has anyone heard from him?

I only discovered this fantastic thread as of yesterday, as my bf and I are considering a Disney Commitment Ceremony. I've just come to the end now and what else can anyone say? Thank you for keeping this thread up and for the wonderful memories and beautiful energy Rob's many entries continue to bless many people with. Peaceful wishes to you, Scott.

:grouphug:

I spent 2 days reading all the posts of this wonderful thread. What an amazing couple and quite a journey they took. I absolutely loved the pictures and the stories.

Now I'm a bear of a guy, but I teared up when I read that Rob's mom passed. Then after reading on and being confused and figuring out that Rob had passed, I broke down and cried. It's amazing how somebody you have never met can touch your heart.

Big bear hugs to Scott and I hope you're doing ok.

Eric

I just started reading this thread today, and have finally finished all 148 pages. Throughout my reading, I several times wondered why it was a sticky, but came to a brilliant explanation: This must be a sticky to show others that it IS possible to live your dreams with the person you love. The strength and courage to live openly as a gay couple in a state so opposed; the obvious love that Rob and Scott shared, shining through their eyes; the love, support, and acceptance by Rob's family, through the words of his mom- for both Rob himself and her other dear son, Scott... all of these are wonderful examples for EVERYONE to look to, but especially for anyone who is still living in the closet, dreading telling the people they love most that they are gay because of fear of rejection and loss. Clearly, this thread must be a sticky because it's a testament to love and acceptance.

Now, of course, I come to the end and see that this thread is a sticky because it is a memorial to a funny, intelligent, witty, well-spoken, brave, fun individual who was taken from this life too soon. It is stunning and shocking to read the last few pages, going from one post with Rob saying good-bye to his mother to the next post where Rob's friend is saying good-bye to him. I have no words that will comfort Scott, except to tell him how wonderful Rob obviously was and how lucky that they shared the time that they had together. Hugs to you, Scott, and to Rob's Florida Family, bio-family, and DIS-family that I was lucky enough to "meet" through this thread. Peace to all of you :hug:

I have been reading this wedding thread for a long time and loving it. Thanks for all the smiles and tears you guys.

I remember reading this thread as Rob and Scott were planning and I enjoyed every minute of it and they really gave many hope and joy. Life has kept me away from disboards for quite a while but an upcoming trip has recently brought me back on and I was very very saddened to see that we have lost a dear friend :sad1: My condolences goes out to all his friends and family and my heart and love goes to everyone that was fortunate enough to know him.

Megan (aka pyr8freak87/blueyes87)

My partner and I wanted to have our commitment ceremony at WDW in 2002 and they said, "No, we only do ceremonies legally recognized by the state of Florida." it really upset me because we had both been cast members and had not been subjected to any discrimination by Disney. I read through all the posts here and was so happy that Rob & Scott were able to have their day. I wish Scott and all of Rob & Scott's family and friends only the fondest memories of this incredible man. I hope this sticky never goes away. It seems that soon enough most people will find it odd that there was a time when the whole subject was so different, or new. Of course it won't come soon enough, but the time is coming.

Oh my. I am so very, very, very sorry to hear of Rob's passing, and I offer my deepest condolences. I have followed this thread from the beginning, but am not sure I ever even posted, maybe once to wish the happy couple the best. This is truly heartbreaking.

Scott, it is with my whole heart I send you my love. I hope you are doing well. I am sure you know that even though many of us may never have met you, we will always be here for you. I am not sure if you'll ever read this, but do know that you and Rob are both loved here at the DIS. You two are truly an inspiration to many of us here who followed your amazing story of love!

I came across this thread yesterday night and I have not been able to stop reading. What a beautiful love story. At the end only to find out Rob died :(. I am truly sorry for the loss of his friends and family. It seem he had a very happy life and he was lucky to find the love of his life before he departed the physical world.

I completely understand that we have funerals for a reason and that that is so that we can go on so I apologize for reopening a painful memory. Yet I would just like to remind those who knew Rob that flu shots are coming out next month and that pneamonia shots are available now because I had one about a month ago. Please get yours. Rob would probably thank you for it.

I completely understand that we have funerals for a reason and that that is so that we can go on so I apologize for reopening a painful memory. Yet I would just like to remind those who knew Rob that flu shots are coming out next month and that pneamonia shots are available now because I had one about a month ago. Please get yours. Rob would probably thank you for it.

Timely Reminder. :grouphug:

I hope this isn't the whole story.. I am having trouble finding the rest of the threat. I am hoping my partner Mark and I can also have our committment ceremony at Disney World. I'm looking for the cost that you paid as well!

I too have a full heart over Rob's passing ( which I just found out about) and send love out there to Scott
I hope someone has been in touch with him since he hasn't been around here; he surely must be devastated

I followed from the beginning of the planning but don't think I ever posted either

Not many people find the love these 2 people had for each other We were blessed to be able to share in it even from a distance

Ruthie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!