Rock 'n' Rollercoaster to become Marvel themed at Disneyland Paris

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Walt Disney Studios Park to Receive Marvel Transformation

"Popular stories and characters from the Marvel universe are already being incorporated into Disneyland Paris in the form of this summer’s Marvel Summer of Super Heroes celebration, plus plans for Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel.

Now, it appears more super hero fun is on the way. It was just announced at D23 Expo Japan that the Marvel Super Hero universe will also come to Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris, where Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith will be totally reimagined as a high-speed, hyper-kinetic adventure, in which guests will team up with Iron Man and their favorite Avengers."

Last edited:
I’m curious to see how the execution of this goes; whether it’s an in-depth redo or a lukewarm overlay. I will say I think it’s difficult to tell a full story in the RnR format because the rides so short. I think the current version (At least in the state version) works well because it’s set up by the queue and preshow

I’m curious to see how the execution of this goes; whether it’s an in-depth redo or a lukewarm overlay. I will say I think it’s difficult to tell a full story in the RnR format because the rides so short. I think the current version (At least in the state version) works well because it’s set up by the queue and preshow

I would think the redo can be structured that way as well - using pre and post show for bulk of story but could have some elements you see while riding and maybe identify the speaker system with voices - like having it set up that Rocket is driving and you hear snarky comments between he and Starlord about watching out to not hit things, etc

My favourite Disney ride of all time and a massive part of my childhood. Pretty devastated.

Disney seem hell-bent on becoming more and more like the Universal parks - just "ride the movies" style attractions. I fear they are losing what makes them unique.

My favourite Disney ride of all time and a massive part of my childhood. Pretty devastated.

Disney seem hell-bent on becoming more and more like the Universal parks - just "ride the movies" style attractions. I fear they are losing what makes them unique.

Are you talking about the Paris ride or DHS? DLP is going through a huge redo as it was dying a slow death. Disney took over 100% of the park and is dropping $2 billion to expand/update it. Don't know how the ride was doing there but I am sure Marvel will be a bigger draw.

There is zero chance of it becoming a Marvel ride at DHS. There were rumors of changing it to a Monsters Inc ride but those were just rumors.

Aerosmith is barely relevant anymore. Steven Tyler left the band and became a country singer with his new band.

Well .. if Disney could get the rights to Marvel in the Florida parks, making the whole end of Sunset boulevard Marvel themed could fit since both of those attractions have/will be overlayed in other parks.

There would have to be some sort of contract buyout or major lawyering to make that happen.

This is much needed at DLP. The ride barely has a wait of over 20 mins and lacks of the street signs that are at the DHS version. plus Spiderman meets opposite the building so will be interesting to see what goes on in that area :)

The DLP version barely had any theming in it, anyway. I think this is a great change for them.

I would think the redo can be structured that way as well - using pre and post show for bulk of story but could have some elements you see while riding and maybe identify the speaker system with voices - like having it set up that Rocket is driving and you hear snarky comments between he and Starlord about watching out to not hit things, etc
Very true. I’m skeptical but given that mission breakout seemed to have been executed fairly well (all controversy aside) then this could also be done well.

Are you talking about the Paris ride or DHS? DLP is going through a huge redo as it was dying a slow death. Disney took over 100% of the park and is dropping $2 billion to expand/update it. Don't know how the ride was doing there but I am sure Marvel will be a bigger draw.

There is zero chance of it becoming a Marvel ride at DHS. There were rumors of changing it to a Monsters Inc ride but those were just rumors.

Aerosmith is barely relevant anymore. Steven Tyler left the band and became a country singer with his new band.
I was talking about the Paris version. I love the Orlando version too but the Paris one was even better with its lightshow effects and atmospheric launch area. So sad to see it going.

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster was always such a cool idea for ride (allegedly, it had the highest guest satisfaction rating at DLP) but I guess creative ideas are not so important to Disney these days and they would rather just have more uninspired movie themes. Very sad for those who admire the creativity behind a theme park.

It's a good ride but Aerosmith really aren't relevant these days so I can see the re-Imagine. I struggle to see how it can work with Iron man though

A couple of years ago, the rumor was it was going to be a re-themed to Spider-Man in Paris.

No knock on Aerosmith, but neither their theme nor their music are essential to that ride being fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts