Rock & Roller Coaster, etc. -- I didn't know this

cupcake

Mouseketeer
Just got back from a nice trip to WDW, although my dh had to work for most of the time (I went with him on a business trip). I was trying to think if I came across anything of general interest. Did not have problems with the boat from the WL & my ECV, although every time I had to get on or off, they had people move to one side or the other of the boat to correct the water level. People were very good natured about it. The reason no one cared about my ECV when making Luau reservations is that they assign seats when you actually pick up the tickets. For anyone wishing to go on the Rock & Roller Coaster, I had previously been told it was mandatory to switch to a wc. The last time I was by myself, the CM was nice enough to take me in using a wc as I was alone. Now, they have an alternate entrance that bypasses the preshow and permits ECV use. It is particularly nice bc it has a practice ride vehicle (with a door, unlike the regular ones) in the hall leading to the loading area. I believe that the ride is still designated as mandatory transfer to a wc.

Saw two people renting from AAA Tourist Rentals go by; would have asked them about it if we had been waiting anywhere together. Ran into a renter from Care (not literally! :D ) and she asked me about price, she was paying $40/day which was more than my $199/week (Walker). She said her WDW hotel had recommended Care.

:wave: Cupcake

I didn't know that either (about R R). Here's what the new online version of the Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities has to say:
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith

Aerosmith's having a backstage party across town and you're invited. Ready to brave the LA freeways? Zoom from 0-60 mph with the force of a supersonic F-14, take in high-speed loops and turns synchronized to a specially recorded Aerosmith soundtrack and zip through Tinseltown in the biggest, loudest limo you've ever seen.

Height Requirement: 48" minimum

Guests must transfer from motorized scooter or ECV to an available wheelchair, then from the wheelchair to the attraction/ride vehicle.

For safety, Guests should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not ride.

Originally posted by cupcake
J

Saw two people renting from AAA Tourist Rentals go by; would have asked them about it if we had been waiting anywhere together. Ran into a renter from Care (not literally! :D ) and she asked me about price, she was paying $40/day which was more than my $199/week (Walker). She said her WDW hotel had recommended Care.

:wave: Cupcake
When my ECV broke down last week (Thank you, American Airlines) the Beach Club Bell Captain called CARE and they took it away for repair (did a great, quick job) and left me one of their rentals, thank you very much, Jay, and charged me $140. I had some trouble getting used to their somewhat larger ECV and bounced off many an elevator wall trying to escape before the doors closed but I would recommend them. I used their services twice in the two weeks I was there (thanks, again, American Airlines). :mad: :sunny:

I think it depends on who is working the front of RnRC. One trip we got sent to the exit and boarded there, and I took my ECV. The next trip they made me transfer to a wheelchair even though I was being accompanied by only an 11 yr. old. Then, same trip, another CM sent us to the exit with the ECV and apologized for us being told to transfer to a WC. She said it's up to the CM, and the one there previously wasn't as experienced as she.

We ran into trouble at Space Mtn. when a CM expected my son to push me in a WC up that long ramp instead of sending the ECV to the door that avoids the ramp. Let me sit and wait, no problem, but don't make my kid push me up a long hill. Another adult saw our predicament and kindly pushed me. Again, we spoke later to a CM who apologized and said basically the same thing as the CM at RnRC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter