ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
thumper729---$97-$16065-160-SSR-Dec-0/17, 9/18, 160/19- sent 5/21, taken 6/18
Well it's official- I am cursed... barely any points in 2018 and at 97 pp... they bought it back........ Is it me or is price per point going up for ROFR??? It may be just me...
I now have to try one more time- one more month- will be my 4th time......

Really sorry! It's so odd they're taking yours but letting some lower $pp pass. How disappointing, but don't give up! One of them will eventually go through.

Day 15 on a VGC contract at $210 per point. While I thought that was overpriced 15 days ago (and still do), recent sales show it is now on par. Its sad with that high of PPP it has actually crossed my mind they may take it. I know its a unique situation with VGC, but still. I don't know why I (or anyone on this board) is surprised by this turn of events though. Disney has a product that has sky rocketed in popularity in the last year, with little ceiling in sight. The demand has now outpaced the market, and they have a nice little clause that allows them to buy back these "lightly dusted" contracts (relative to amount of time left) to control the market even further. Not many products exist that you can sell, then buy back at your discretion to sell at an even higher value later. All while controlling both direct and resale markets. As long as direct markets and resale markets keep matching each others increases, this wont stop. The only way I see it slowing is when 1.)Disney's popularity dies or 2.) we get closer to the 2050-2060 expiration dates. Id go with the 2nd. If this spike in recent Disney popularity hadn't happened (once again, with no ceiling in sight), this wouldn't be happening. Thanks marvel and star wars (oh yeah, you too Pixar, largest animation release ever this weekend) :)

I do agree that the stripped ones are getting bought back much more than the loaded ones.

So maybe this should be my next strategy... go for loaded contracts... I don't need any points right away so I wasn't too concerned with a stripped contract.... I also have been going after SSR because that is where I already own... but I may just go for AKV this time- we love that place too.

So maybe this should be my next strategy... go for loaded contracts... I don't need any points right away so I wasn't too concerned with a stripped contract.... I also have been going after SSR because that is where I already own... but I may just go for AKV this time- we love that place too.

I also didn’t need any current points, but my purchases this year have all had them. They cost a bit more pp, but I will lower that price by renting them out or transferring them out. It’s a bit more work, but it actually saves money over the stripped ones in a lot of cases. For example, my BLT purchase has all 2018 points. If I rent them out at $15pp, that makes my price go from $135pp with this year’s points to $126pp if it was stripped until 2019 taking into account the MF’s I paid on the 2018 points. I don’t think that would pass ROFR right now even if I could find one that low. Just another way of thinking.

Just a thought, but since Disney have increased the minimum point requirement for direct membership from 25 to 75 points, I wonder if this has had an impact on the number of direct purchase points they require for older resorts? That's a 3:1 increase in the number of points required, and I guess a lot of resale buyers will still want to top up to get the 'perks'.

The hypothesis will fit in our scenario. If Disney ever waive one of our resale contracts, we will look to top up direct, which means they will need to have enough points at SSR to cover our request. Heck, some of the points might even come out of a well negotiated contract they have ROFR from us at some point!
My thoughts exactly. The Mouse needs more because of the 75 minimum cool kids rule ..... the Mouse adds more cool kids (actual or perceived benefits) ........ people won’t slow down wanting to be cool kids (including us) ..... so the Mouse needs to buy more.

We wil likely buy the Gold passes going forward as things stand since we typically don’t go to WDW during the April or December blackout dates. That’s a large savings for us that made it worthwhile (yes, no guarantees that it stays a benefit).

That makes logical sense from the customer standpoint but really isn't the case. All DVD wants to do is sell the new "live" properties -- currently AUL and CCV -- direct at the highest price possible. If resale prices get too low, it becomes much more difficult to sell direct. Restricting the perks gives the sales reps (sorry *cough* .. "GUIDES") more ammo to sell with.... "I wouldn't buy resale if I were you...", etc.

DVD buys back points and sells them at a markup mainly to keep prices up in order to justify the high prices of the newer properties. They will sell the older properties with reacquired points only because people specifically ask for them, but that's just not their focus and is a very small percentage of their sales. A developer's goal is to build something, sell off what they just built, build the next thing, sell that off, and repeat that over and over as quickly as possible.

ajjonesehc---$87-$19433-220-OKW-Mar-0/17, 0/18, 220/19, 220/20-seller pays 1/2 closing costs- sent 5/21, taken 5/18

Welp, that one didn't work either.

I must have done something... Maybe they don't want my money... I am desperately trying to give it to them.... But it makes zero sense to me also... I for sure thought it would pass at 97pp... based on all other contracts that have passed in this thread...
I feel like I am in the same boat. I am really trying hard to get something so Disney can take all of my vacation money but they keep shooting me down.

All three of mine have been loaded and all three taken :(.

Laney&Emma---$100-$21777-200-SSR-AUG-285/18, 200/19-Sent 6/13
dad_at_blt---$140-$24622-165-BLT-Feb-0/17, 148/18, 165/19, 165/20- sent 6/18
Well we will try again

DisneynBison---$105-$18421-160-AKV-Dec-0/16, 0/17, 320/18, 160/19- sent 6/18
Good luck to all of you who sent today.
thumper729---$97-$16065-160-SSR-Dec-0/17, 9/18, 160/19- sent 5/21, taken 6/18

Taken, as expected! Making Moore Memories---$87-$19861-210-OKW-Sep-0/16, 0/17, 127/18, 210/19- sent 5/29, taken 6/18

ajjonesehc---$87-$19433-220-OKW-Mar-0/17, 0/18, 220/19, 220/20-seller pays 1/2 closing costs- sent 5/21, taken 5/18
So sorry for all of you that got the bad news today. SSR, OKW and AKV seem to be cursed right now.

Just looking at the listings today. Why is OKW going for less than Saratoga even the OKW extended ones not that there are alot. Just saw a OKW extended at 94 pp with 2018 points and Saratoga is in the 100's This has changed since I purchased in Feb. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Just looking at the listings today. Why is OKW going for less than Saratoga even the OKW extended ones not that there are alot. Just saw a OKW extended at 94 pp with 2018 points and Saratoga is in the 100's This has changed since I purchased in Feb. Anyone have thoughts on this?
That OKW-E is a great deal. If I wasn't in limbo I'd be putting an offer in myself. I doubt it will get past ROFR though, but you never know.

SSR and OKW-E are very similar resorts and contracts other than the dues - OKW will be nearly a $ per point more. Personally I think it's worth it as I prefer OKW to SSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts