ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
restjohn---$107-$24647-210-AKV-Feb-0/18, 210/19, 210/20, 210/21- sent 4/2, passed 4/17

Maybe $107 is the acceptance threshold for AKV... Good luck to all of those with long waits, I hope you hear something soon!

Gives me hope that my contact will pass in that case! Well done!

restjohn---$107-$24647-210-AKV-Feb-0/18, 210/19, 210/20, 210/21- sent 4/2, passed 4/17

Maybe $107 is the acceptance threshold for AKV... Good luck to all of those with long waits, I hope you hear something soon!

Congrats! My fully loaded AKV contract passed at $107 too. It's hard to to determine what to offer because my pocketbook wants the most savings but I also want a pass. I went with the highest price per point I'd be ok with, and it worked in my favor. I totally get though it could have gone the other way just as easily.

Congrats! And in two weeks!

Color me jealous.....here was mine.....submitted earlier.......higher price per point......still silence from the Mouse.

Dan1---$115-$19115-150-AKV-Dec-150/17, 150/18, 150/19, 150/20- sent 3/18

DisneyCowgirl---$105-$34485-300-OKW(E)-Mar-0/18, 600/19, 300/20, 300/21- sent 3/29, passed 4/17

Just got the most exciting email telling me Disney waived ROFR. I had high hopes that they would waive as I'm paying a premium for the extended expiration date and Disney doesn't have to pay for that, but it's also a delayed closing, so I figured I'd be waiting a while to hear. Now I just have to hoard up all my cash between now and closing. Yikes!

RamblinWreck---$170-$9095-50-VGF-Apr-0/18, 100/19, 50/20, 50/21- sent 4/1

PASSED!! 4/17

Congrats! Jealous... I am on the hunt for 50-80 at VGF but haven't found one at a good enough price (or at least loaded enough). I did this morning but someone else had already snatched it within minutes.

I officially have a new offer accepted!

Thus begins the push to put the closing date only 31 days out from when we send the contract to Disney....

PASSED!! 4/17

New one also VGF? Gonna grab some popcorn and watch this 31 day push to closing unfold!

Congrats! And in two weeks!

Color me jealous.....here was mine.....submitted earlier.......higher price per point......still silence from the Mouse.

Dan1---$115-$19115-150-AKV-Dec-150/17, 150/18, 150/19, 150/20- sent 3/18

Seems like that should pass. Our closing date was 60 days from 3/31, yours? Hopefully you here something soon!

Seems like that should pass. Our closing date was 60 days from 3/31, yours? Hopefully you here something soon!

Our closing is also 60 days .... May 18.

Goes against what was quoted earlier in this thread that Disney now used closing date to determine who’s resale contract gets looked at first.

Who do y’all know to get yours looked at before ours?

(Kidding):tongue:
(sort of):sail:

(ok ok, kidding) ;)

Disneykate605---$95-$16180-150-BRV@WL-Dec-0/17, 300/18, 150/19, 150/20- sent 4/2, passed 4/17

Just heard this evening we passed! So excited to add BRV to our home resorts!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Good deal, congratulations!

PASSED!! 4/17
You made it! I knew you would! :-)

Congrats to everyone who has passed this week! Sorry to those still waiting - that was me last week in the 40-something day club. Mine was taken, but I've now got an offer accepted at our favorite resort, so maybe it was for the best. Hang in there, everyone!

Our closing is also 60 days .... May 18.

Goes against what was quoted earlier in this thread that Disney now used closing date to determine who’s resale contract gets looked at first.

Who do y’all know to get yours looked at before ours?

(Kidding):tongue:
(sort of):sail:

(ok ok, kidding) ;)
I don't know that that's necessarily true.

For the people who have contracts that are initially "passed" in the first level of review, they should all go quickly. It's the ones that get sent to the second level that might sit around forever, depending on the closing date.

I don't know that that's necessarily true.

For the people who have contracts that are initially "passed" in the first level of review, they should all go quickly. It's the ones that get sent to the second level that might sit around forever, depending on the closing date.

So why would my contract.....with $8 per point more for the same resort ......not get initially passed?

Makes absolutely no sense.

So why would my contract.....with $8 per point more for the same resort ......not get initially passed?

Makes absolutely no sense.

It would seem the whole ROFR process makes no sense! I’ve seen two AKL contracts pass in the last 24 hours, both at a lesser point price to my current offer. Logic would dictate mine should now also pass but I’m still filled with trepidation as to my fate!

It would seem the whole ROFR process makes no sense! I’ve seen two AKL contracts pass in the last 24 hours, both at a lesser point price to my current offer. Logic would dictate mine should now also pass but I’m still filled with trepidation as to my fate!

Honestly price is not the main factor, it is one of many things, including use year and unit number. I had an Animal Kingdom contract taken in February at $113/point. It is still by far the highest prices Animal Kingdom contract that has been taken this year. I tried again and had one pass 3 weeks later, at Animal Kingdom, for $100/point in early March. You will drive yourself crazy if you try to figure out the price logic, as I truly believe it is not based on price. I had a broker tell me that price is a really insignificant factor, unless it is greatly underpriced, then you will stand a high chance of not passing, but otherwise, it is more on the use year, points available and the unit number on your contract.

Good luck on yours! Our Animal Kingdom that passed last month ended up not being able to close due to title issues, so we just submitted our third attempt this week. I don't know if I can take the waiting game again! It's been three months now since we submitted the first attempt that they took in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter