ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is odd, I think we may have as well. The title company didn’t specifically say they received it, but they sent me the closing documents today, the same day we passed ROFR. Last time we waited 7 days for closing docs.
I received my closing documents this afternoon and the ROFR letter from Disney was dated today.

Katie L---$102.5-$21305-200-AKV-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 225/19, 200/20- sent 5/21, taken 6/12

0 for 2. Not sure I have the stamina of @pangyal

Honestly not sure what we are going to do at all. But we might put a pause on the hunt for a contract. Or I might keep looking at all these mailing lists and put something in next week. :P

Last edited:
Katie L---$102.5-$21305-200-AKV-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 225/19, 200/20- sent 5/21, taken 6/12

0 for 2. Not sure I have the stamina of @pangyal

Honestly not sure what we are going to do at all. But we might put a pause on the hunt for a contract. Or I might keep looking at all these mailing lists and put something in next week. :P
oh man. So sorry. :( Keep at it! One has to get through.

espov---$152-$7957-50-PVB-Jun-0/18, 123/19, 0/20, 50/21-seller pay MF19/27PT- sent 6/11

Hope this one passes as quickly as the 1st. After this maybe direct purchase at OKW for perks; what is the minimal points you can buy? I know if i went direct before becoming a member it would have been 100 pts, but does that change after becoming a member.

Thank you so much.

espov---$152-$7957-50-PVB-Jun-0/18, 123/19, 0/20, 50/21-seller pay MF19/27PT- sent 6/11

Hope this one passes as quickly as the 1st. After this maybe direct purchase at OKW for perks; what is the minimal points you can buy? I know if i went direct before becoming a member it would have been 100 pts, but does that change after becoming a member.

Thank you so much.
The number of points you can buy is dependent on the resort you are buying. Getting the perks requires owning 75 points direct in a single membership, as of today. Those that had a blue card prior to the increase to 75 still have it and all the perks, but buying today requires 75 points.

Btw, we bought 75 SSR points as a first time member. 100 was just what was shown on the website at the time because I believe that was the CCV minimum purchase for a new member.

Thank you so much.
you have to buy 75 points now to be considered a direct member. Is OKW the cheapest direct resort? And do they sell you the 2057 expiration?

Of the WDW resorts yes. OKW - 156, SSR - 160, AKV/BRV - 176

If you buy OKW direct, it is always 2057.
Thank you for this information. As I knew it was the cheapest, I wasn’t sure about the 2057 exp yr. That also went into play in selecting OKW since you get a few more years than SSR. But will I be able to buy 25 at a time or does it have to be the 75 at once. (I understand i won’t get the perks until I have 75 assuming they don’t change the requirements) we just made two purchases and don’t want to keep throwing all my cash at Disney at once. Lol

Thank you for this information. As I knew it was the cheapest, I wasn’t sure about the 2057 exp yr. That also went into play in selecting OKW since you get a few more years than SSR. But will I be able to buy 25 at a time or does it have to be the 75 at once. (I understand i won’t get the perks until I have 75 assuming they don’t change the requirements) we just made two purchases and don’t want to keep throwing all my cash at Disney at once. Lol
Yes if cash. I believe CCV and DRR are the only two resorts that require 50 for existing owners.

I don't know but if you can and only buy 50 now (current minimum add on I believe) you risk them raising the minimum next year (or whenever). When they changed the rule in 2016 25 was the minimum to become direct members.

But will I be able to buy 25 at a time or does it have to be the 75 at once. (I understand i won’t get the perks until I have 75 assuming they don’t change the requirements) we just made two purchases and don’t want to keep throwing all my cash at Disney at once. Lol

They can be separate contracts. They just have to add up to 75 under one membership number. However, the current regime in charge is really a bunch of pigs that like to stick it to members as much as possible, so they could certainly increase that at any time.

chcknctlt---$110-$5,500-50-AKV-Apr-0/19, 0/20, 50/21 - sent 5/22, taken 6/13

That was a tough one. $110 at AKV seemed to be a sure thing. Ugh.

I’d say you’re about $8-10 per point shy on a small contract like that. The smaller the amount of points the higher the offer needs to be. I’ve had offers on 250 point contracts taken at $108, indicating they are expecting much higher offers than what would have been acceptable in the past.

I’d say you’re about $8-10 per point shy on a small contract like that. The smaller the amount of points the higher the offer needs to be. I’ve had offers on 250 point contracts taken at $108, indicating they are expecting much higher offers than what would have been acceptable in the past.
thanks for the feedback...just wondering why Disney would distinguish between price of smaller contracts vs larger...

thanks for the feedback...just wondering why Disney would distinguish between price of smaller contracts vs larger...

IMO, although none of us know why DVC takes what they take, small contracts are generally less appealing to DVC. They can break up a contract, change the UY etc. They don't want to be paying a premium when they don't have to but every now and then they'll buy things that don't seem to make a lot of sense.

Just continue to bid what you feel comfortable in paying is always my recommendation.

IMO, although none of us know why DVC takes what they take, small contracts are generally less appealing to DVC. They can break up a contract, change the UY etc. They don't want to be paying a premium when they don't have to but every now and then they'll buy things that don't seem to make a lot of sense.

Just continue to bid what you feel comfortable in paying is always my recommendation.

We have points already and this would have just been an add on, so not devastated but still stinks.

chcknctlt---$110-$5,500-50-AKV-Apr-0/19, 0/20, 50/21 - sent 5/22, taken 6/13

That was a tough one. $110 at AKV seemed to be a sure thing. Ugh.

I wonder if because it was stripped? I read that they take stripped because no MF. I am waiting for a loaded 30 at BR right now - should be back next week - I will format and post when I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter